It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the commercial that ABC, NBC won't air.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

mm, you and I have talked before on this issue. I know how personal this is for you. I feel, man, I really do. But I personally don't think that this would help. I read the darn thing. And of course I found things(items) in this bill I agreed with. Wish I could cut and paste the thing for congress.
But the over-all changes that this bill wants is wrong. It takes away from those that actually need it (you and yours) and turns it into a farce. Those that actually NEED a change, true healthcare reform, aren't going to get it with this.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

My point is this.

Networks run the ad-people see it-life goes on.

Networks don't run it- Becomes scandal- video becomes more popular because people want to see what fuss is about- adds fire to healthcare debate.

This is why I think the networks should have just aired it. You are correct that it is nothing new.but people will make it something new.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
reply to post by mikerussellus

Geat post. Thank you. S&F for ya! I am going to email this to everyone I know even the ones that are for the reform. If all of us do it maybe we can get the message out.

Thank you. Going out this way what with the viewership of the networks, will probably reach more people anyway.

Mike

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

I've been reading the bill, too. I see some good things in it, and I see some things that make me go, hmmm.........how will this be twisted, if someone wants to twist it? Some democrats are speaking out against some of the provisions in the bill. Would it give you a warm fuzzy feeling if a left wing group produced an ad against this bill? Or is it just the left/right paradigm with you?

Do it all the way, but for the love of god give me something NEW, deepen the argument, expand, as it is the whole thing is insultingly "simple".

I wanna know more, I love learning more, good old Mike Russell inspired me to read the bill in the first place and we are NOT politically compatible, soooo...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Well to be fair Mike, being the horrible liberal I am, if this information was being completely suppressed I might be inclined to be POed. But I think just the opposite is the case. I am waiting for the Rights argument to expand and get deeper, but so far
the content of the commercial is about all I have been hearing for weeks and weeks.

The thing is, ABC ran a 30 minute infomercial on Obama care not so long ago. The NYT, LAT, Washington Post, many of the liberal media outlets have been running "rebuttals" to this bill. Why not illustrate an opposing side.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

My point is this.

Networks don't run it- Becomes scandal- video becomes more popular because people want to see what fuss is about- adds fire to healthcare debate.

This is why I think the networks should have just aired it. You are correct that it is nothing new.but people will make it something new.

Too true jam, too true.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Uh, Mike this commercial was produced by a right wing organization, point being is it is a right wing organization.

So I don't see the problem with it being a right wing organization. Our current government is left wing. What is wrong with equal representation? What is wrong with both sides of the question being aired?

Media is liberal, that is what is wrong. We need balance there as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

My point is this.

fine... But making it something new is stupid IMO, it is stupid for people to defer their VOICES to the likes of this dullard argument. I want some frickin meat JAM;

In the mean time, some of the conservatives who might want some change (less AYN RAND ones) are going to feel very confused when they do not get an opportunity to
voice their legitimate concerns about healthcare.

This is what is wrong with America, just like calling every opposing voice a terrorist or racist is wrong.

I would have preferred a commercial with a drooling drunk sipping his own makings,

same thing from the pro healthcare side.

WE are not this STUPID -

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
mm, as you well know, they have left so many things open for potential abuse. We have no angels in congress, the senate. DC has proven itself to be an abuser of any oppourtunity they can get. And I'm not talking just Obama, but Bush, Clinton, other Bush.

When was the last time you REALLY trusted the government?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Well to be fair Mike, being the horrible liberal I am, if this information was being completely suppressed I might be inclined to be POed. But I think just the opposite is the case. I am waiting for the Rights argument to expand and get deeper, but so far
the content of the commercial is about all I have been hearing for weeks and weeks.

The thing is, ABC ran a 30 minute infomercial on Obama care not so long ago. The NYT, LAT, Washington Post, many of the liberal media outlets have been running "rebuttals" to this bill. Why not illustrate an opposing side.

I guess so, like I said I would be more inclined to be hopping mad along with you if this ad had some meat, some substance.

It is the political equivalent of a commercial stating Michael Jackson has died.

WE KNOW!

If this were a we thought out 30 minute infomercial I would not be here in the manner I am, but it is not, so I am bashing it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

Uh, Mike this commercial was produced by a right wing organization, point being is it is a right wing organization.

So I don't see the problem with it being a right wing organization. Our current government is left wing. What is wrong with equal representation? What is wrong with both sides of the question being aired?

Media is liberal, that is what is wrong. We need balance there as well.

Sure we need balance, that is why I am not a communist and that is why I am not a right winger...

My point is, the commercial in question, is not providing any new information and the commercial represents a view which is VERY EXPOSED, it is a position that is very well EXPOSED because of the liberal media, what do you think the liberal news stations report upon ALL day???

The liberal media attacks the validity of this information, therefore distributing it.

think about it,,,

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

mm, I'm going to turn you into a conservative. You're almost already there. You recognize that there is nothing new to this commercial, too true, but what you're missing is that there are people out there that don't want to hear the truth. They don't want to debate. It's "my way or the highway" mentality.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I flag the thread cause this important...

NOT the fact that this commercial is new information or suppressed info, but because
it is what is wrong about this country. We get roped in like friction cattle and
jettison out these little sound bites. I am talking about both sides, both sides engage
in this stupidity, infact this information being the totality of the entire issue is in fact being TAKEN OVER BY THE GOVERNMENT... They jump in our heads, we push their rock for them and they screw us.

Do any of you like paying $50 for a aspirin?
Do you really think anyone has a right to screw you so blatantly?

Fight for your ideas but don't forget about your faces people.

If this whole thing goes crashing down, what do we get out of it?

I propose we get $55.00 aspirin in five years and a repeat of the whole dance in 10...

Meanwhile you get $66.00 aspirin and pay double for the same coverage.

Maybe government doesn't work for you because you always work against your own interests, same goes for me.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

mm, I'm going to turn you into a conservative. You're almost already there. You recognize that there is nothing new to this commercial, too true, but what you're missing is that there are people out there that don't want to hear the truth. They don't want to debate. It's "my way or the highway" mentality.

ah, but I am a vital part of this society keep you guys balanced out, I believe in classic liberalism, that you or I should be free to be as we are, we can think what we want and say what we want.
At the same time I am practical, I do see the transformation of society as the need arises.

That being said we are all going to be paying 100% increases for the same coverage, every ten years for the foreseeable future.

I have not seen an 100% increase in wages in that ten years and I know many Americans have not either.

So I ask you isn't that also a problem Mike?

Can you afford to pay 200% more in twenty years?
I cannot and my company cannot...

I want thing to change things in ways that are not very free market and that would take lots of written sections to achieve.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

My point is, the commercial in question, is not providing any new information and the commercial represents a view which is VERY EXPOSED, it is a position that is very well EXPOSED because of the liberal media, what do you think the liberal news stations report upon ALL day???

So you are concerned with the content of the commercial or should I say the lack of content.

It is simple and too the point. This can make a bigger impact than a lot of jargon that sheeple can't absorb

I agree it is exposed to us and a few others, but there is something about a commercial, which the left wing government (or whomever is in power) uses frequently because the uniformed masses seem to relate to it, so let the commercial, simple as it is, run. The media is showing their bias, although most will never recognize that it is only certain channels that air it.

My argument is simply fair play in the media.

It doesn't seem that my argument is with you.

Glad you posted the commercial because I could not make myself look at the other thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

My point is this.

this point is valid as you see it...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You won't get any arguement from me on the topic of change. I realize that the industry in this country needs some work. I have always said so. But nothing has been said about tort reform. Nothing has been said about tax credits for medical issues.

If this were an honest debate about healthcare (and I mean in DC) then these issues would have been brought up.

The way I see it, this isn't about healthcare at all, it is about government takeover of an industry. THey just want to be in charge and screw the rest.

They could care less about the people in this country. They want what they want and nothing is going to get in their way.

Unfortunately, they have liberals such as yourself that believe what they are telling you.

Well, believe me, they are going to make things worse for you, for me, for everyone that isn't in the power aura of DC.

They are showing their hand too early (by trying to stop this commercial) in their attempt at a takeover of the capitalist market.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

So you are concerned with the content of the commercial or should I say the lack of content.

It is simple and too the point. This can make a bigger impact than a lot of jargon that sheeple can't absorb

I agree it is exposed to us and a few others, but there is something about a commercial, which the left wing government (or whomever is in power) uses frequently because the uniformed masses seem to relate to it, so let the commercial, simple as it is, run. The media is showing their bias, although most will never recognize that it is only certain channels that air it.

My argument is simply fair play in the media.

It doesn't seem that my argument is with you.

Glad you posted the commercial because I could not make myself look at the other thread.

Well I think it is obvious there is no fair play in media, they represent the shareholders
and CEOS. They also represent the viewers as they provide the basis for profitability.

My ultimate point is, I don't that commercial is going to change the course of this mess,
the lines are drawn the MARKET IS FLOODED and we do not get a say either for or against.

In fact I was drawn to the thread because of the title, but I found the content and the title to be sensationalist, which was the point the MARKETING if we want to be honest.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
I have faith in the good ole US of A. I think it can be improved upon and made into a good system.

You crack me up man!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

All I did was tell the truth. "Here's the comercial that ABC, NBC won't air."

What was misleading?

And after I saw the commercial, I thought what is the big deal?

Apparently, those that run ABC, NBC thought it was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join