It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Glenn Beck scores Top Cable Rating! 3,000,000 viewers!

page: 12
29
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by SpiritoftheNightSky

Originally posted by 5 oClock
I do like Beck most of the time, even though he gets bashed around on ATS.
I think he's very instrumental in waking alot of people up to our corrupt gov. down with the 2 party system.
Friday's show is going to be on his idea of what we can do if we're sick of the way this country is going. We'll see I got him Tivo'd.


And where was all of their enthusiasm and call to arms when the wolf was carrying out the chickens?

Now they want to lead the call to protect an empty coop.

Big brave Glen and Rush; they have it all under control and they are doing such a good job of doing your thinking for you that I guess you can all go back to sleep and rest easy at night.




Once again . . . he railed on GWB as well . . .

It is like talking to a brick wall on ATS sometimes.




[edit on 8/30/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]


Yeah, I see how even handed he has been toward President Obama as he was to President Bush.

You must have been listening to a different program or watching a different Glen Beck than the one I was listening to because I never heard him foster an agenda or set up a plan of action for the masses against President Bush.

I don't listen to the man everyday so I might be wrong. I don't expect anyone to do my homework for me but I just have not been able to find the Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh that you are talking about so help me out just a bit. Show me where I can find the same behavior and attacks against President Bush that they are heaping on President Obama.




posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Originally posted by A Fortiori

I don't believe there is an Islamic infiltration/terrorism that isn't "sponsored", but even if they are acting on their own I don't believe that we should give up our Constitutional rights so that the government can protect us from them. I'll protect my own family as I see fit.

The Patriot Act pushed by the Republicans was the worst infringement upon our Constitutional Rights since FEMA. Our right to privacy, to due process, to free speech...all of them curbed by this act.


Gee.. where did I mention the Patriot Act? No where.

Where did I mention giving up rights? No where.


I don't believe that I said you did. I was making a statement about how I feel.



Who said not to "invest" in those wastes of time.. go ahead.

In the meantime, we have plenty of places to get the black stuff from. Instead of this retarded policy of the Democrats keeping us from it and leaving us hostage to Venzeualla and Saudi Arabia.


Where? Where is this black stuff in the United States? I want to know where we know for certain and not a best guess where this limitless supply of "black stuff" is?

Seismic readings in the 80 were the basis of the estimates for Alaska. If there was such a thing as a sure thing in oil exploration not a single oil or gas company would have gone bust.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't use oil, but we need to think ahead. As for the wind and for solar, you store the power.




You're full of crap. you say you're not into the "right / left" thing and then you went ahead and prejudged a bunch of stuff I never even talked about.


I didn't prejudge stuff you never even talked about. I said I agreed with you on two positions and explained my own position. I don't like the "left/right" paradigm. When intelligent people like you buy into it (you are pretty harsh on the left) it makes me so mad (not at you) at the Machine that creates these powerful myths, reinforced with highly crafted programming.

Yes, the "left" as presented on the news is a polarizing group of people. That is the point. The "right" as presented on the news is a polarizing group of people. That is also the point.

Wait, I'm ashamed that I said "news". I mean MSNBC, CNN, and Fox.

If I went heavy on the Republicans it was to provide balance, if I went overboard I apologize.



Nothing bores me more than people who think they're clever throwing a bible verse at someone who says they're a christian. I think its presumptious and sanctimonious.




I didn't know you were a Christian. My jab was at Bush for saying he was a Christian then promoting some very un-Christian things from a "Christian" platform. That's like me speaking for you or, how did you put it, prejudging you. Presumptuous is speaking for Christ and shifting his words to promise your political agenda.

I am a Christian, too. I render unto Caesar what is Caesar's (his money), and I render unto God everything else. That would be my loyalty, my love, and my trust. I do not trust our government. I only trust God.

If I did offend you I'll apologize. Sometimes when posting I talk to an individual and sometimes I'm just jabbering. I will try to be more clear. The last thing I want to do is turn you away from me when I think all of us can help each other.

I just...well, I guess I hate to see people buy into the game. There is no "left" or "right". Its a media creation. Your liberal neighbors are good people, as much as the conservative neighbors. We all want good things for the world, we just have different pet causes and different ways of wanting to go about it. It doesn't make anyone more right or more wrong than anyone else.

The real bad people are those that put power and money above life and liberty.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by A Fortiori]



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974
 


it's not logical to expect of him his own standars?

HOW if that's illogical then is it logical for him to nexpect those standards of me?

again, he says to speak without fear while he speaks with fear??????

and that is interpretted by your mind is illogical?



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Originally posted by soul of integrity
glenn beck expects his following to:

1) question with boldness
2) hold to the truth
3) speak without fear

glenn beck expects it of his followers, yet by repeatedly stating his own fears over this past week he openly admits his failure to subscribe to the same standards he expects of others!!!!


how can glenn beck claim to speak without fear while simultaneously fearing?

glenn beck's logic is flawed, his arguement is flawed.


I wouldn't speak about logic as you lack the same.


how is this logic flawed?

he's like a tour guide pointing down a path he's never travelled.

he's afraid, period.
he tells others to speak without fear, period.

you see no flawed logic here?



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by soul of integrity
 


glenn beck's standards:

1) question with boldness
2) hold to the truth
3) speak without fear

holding to the truth, i question with boldness:

HOW CAN THE TRUTH FEAR THE TRUTH AND REMAIN INTACT?

thus, flawed logic.

can fear be where truth is?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by soul of integrity]



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well down by about HALF A MILLION viewers for Thur 8/27

I suppose it wasn't so good they came back for more.

Must have gotten their fill of snake oil. Can you say "blip?"


Glenn Beck– 2,544,000 viewers


Source

May I be the first to say "THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES"



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


i watched to listen and take in what he was saying.

i credit him for bringing up some valid points, however it's not ethical or moral to demand of others what you are not willing to do yourself.

i admit to being one of his viewers last week. recorded each episode and watched them over and over until i just couldn't take anymore.

i think it was wed episode when in the program he quoted his own book as it said: [paraphrasing) "not to listen to anyone who says there is a shadow government" .... then one of his own sponsors is a comercial from the gop promoting a book entitled "shadow government" with president obama on the cover.

he discreditted his own sponsor by quoting his own book. i thought that was sort of funny.



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by soul of integrity
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


i watched to listen and take in what he was saying.

i credit him for bringing up some valid points, however it's not ethical or moral to demand of others what you are not willing to do yourself.

i admit to being one of his viewers last week. recorded each episode and watched them over and over until i just couldn't take anymore.

i think it was wed episode when in the program he quoted his own book as it said: [paraphrasing) "not to listen to anyone who says there is a shadow government" .... then one of his own sponsors is a comercial from the gop promoting a book entitled "shadow government" with president obama on the cover.

he discreditted his own sponsor by quoting his own book. i thought that was sort of funny.


Consider the source and follow the money.

No one is stupid enough to pay someone thousands of dollars to undermine them or to lead the masses against them.

Talk about being led into the tar pit. The pied piper is leading his mind controlled listeners straight into the poppy field.

You can go back to sleep now. All is well. Now a word from our sponsor.



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974
Beck has a radio show that starts at 8AM which means he starts his work day probably a few hours before that. What makes you think he wants an 8PM time slot on TV?


That's the prime time slot, he can "reach" more people and Fox will pay him top dollar to do so...just because he starts at 8am, doesn't mean he won't move that radio show to another time...or just take a break in the middle of the day (since the morning rush is a good radio time slot). O'Reilly had a radio show at one time as well, and Hannity still has one.
This is a long long time away mind you, only when O'Reilly retires, which I don't see happening for about a decade unless something major happens to his ratings or health.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by yellowcard]



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by soul of integrity
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


i watched to listen and take in what he was saying.

i credit him for bringing up some valid points, however it's not ethical or moral to demand of others what you are not willing to do yourself.

i admit to being one of his viewers last week. recorded each episode and watched them over and over until i just couldn't take anymore.

i think it was wed episode when in the program he quoted his own book as it said: [paraphrasing) "not to listen to anyone who says there is a shadow government" .... then one of his own sponsors is a comercial from the gop promoting a book entitled "shadow government" with president obama on the cover.

he discreditted his own sponsor by quoting his own book. i thought that was sort of funny.


I doubt that's what he's said that, since he has touted "Apollo" as basically being a shadow government....since they wrote the stimulus bill, etc.


Originally posted by kinda kurious
Well down by about HALF A MILLION viewers for Thur 8/27

I suppose it wasn't so good they came back for more.

Must have gotten their fill of snake oil. Can you say "blip?"


Glenn Beck– 2,544,000 viewers


Source

May I be the first to say "THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES"



A blip? No, a blip is Keith Olbermann's ratings during the election, which temporary topped O'Reilly's and now are down something like 75% from the peak of his liberal circle jerk fest during the election. Down a half million viewers...but still has more viewers then anyone else in his time slot in cable news (even if you combine them)

[edit on 31-8-2009 by yellowcard]



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by soul of integrity

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Originally posted by soul of integrity
glenn beck expects his following to:

1) question with boldness
2) hold to the truth
3) speak without fear

glenn beck expects it of his followers, yet by repeatedly stating his own fears over this past week he openly admits his failure to subscribe to the same standards he expects of others!!!!


how can glenn beck claim to speak without fear while simultaneously fearing?

glenn beck's logic is flawed, his arguement is flawed.


I wouldn't speak about logic as you lack the same.


how is this logic flawed?

he's like a tour guide pointing down a path he's never travelled.

he's afraid, period.
he tells others to speak without fear, period.

you see no flawed logic here?


Aren't his "rules" from a Thomas Jefferson quote? or someone of similar stature?



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard
 


yes, part of it is an accredited quote, the "question with boldness" part is from a letter that i believe jefferson wrote.



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just found this.

Get the hankies ready. You'll either cry your heart out or laugh your head off depending on which way your Sincerity Sensor is programmed.



One thing I do know, you don't ever praise yourself in public for achieving sobriety. That is unless you are an utter phony.

This was post advertiser bailout flap. Sounds like he's preparing for his ouster to me or else his Fake-O-Meter is pegging.

I'm "Expecting To Witness Mighty and Powerful Miracles In My Lifetime."


Errrrr. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.




[edit on 31-8-2009 by kinda kurious]



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


That's just what we need today. More honesty.
You just watch. Glenn Beck will have a great career at Fox News.
He gets along great with O'reilly.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Eurisko2012]



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


You almost got me.

For a minute there I thought you were serious.


You deserve a few more stars for that one:



Too funny.



[edit on 31-8-2009 by kinda kurious]



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


Time will tell. Glenn beck is heading to 4,000,000 viewers.
He keeps spilling the beans over these Czars.
The American people are thirsty for the truth.
You will not hear this info on MSNBC.



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


Time will tell. Glenn beck is heading to 4,000,000 viewers.
He keeps spilling the beans over these Czars.
The American people are thirsty for the truth.
You will not hear this info on MSNBC.

How right you are! The truth is what people seek, and it's making the ObamaBobbleHeads VERY scared...
Who is going to stay around and hold the water hose, when thier beloved Trojan Horse burns to the ground?....
Marshmello's anyone?


[edit on 31-8-2009 by MissysWorld]



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Two birds, one stone.....................


Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Time will tell. Glenn beck is heading to 4,000,000 viewers.
He keeps spilling the beans over these Czars.
The American people are thirsty for the truth.
You will not hear this info on MSNBC.


Well his numbers are heading the wrong way if you think he's gonna hit 4M. 2.5M on Thur and 2.8M from Friday. I suspect there's only a finite number of stupid people smart enough to turn on and tune in.

I agree, the American people are Thirsty for Change, that's why Obama won the election.

MSNBC is substandard IMO, I've never defended them. Not soure why you brought them up.


Originally posted by MissysWorld
How right you are! The truth is what people seek, and it's making the ObamaBobbleHeads VERY scared...Who is going to stay around and hold the water hose, when thier beloved Trojan Horse burns to the ground?....
Marshmello's anyone?


If you truly seek the truth, I don't think the warm glow of a TV show Carnival Barker is capable of emanating true enlightenment. Unless one has exceeded their tattoo to tooth to ratio. Perhaps some viewers whould be well served to step outside their trailer park and visit the real world. (I'm not talking about the next Budweiser run.)

Too bad there isn't an emoticon for duh.....oh there is.


On Topic:

Mr. Beck's "performances" reminds me of that joke printed on both sides of a card....

How to keep an idiot busy, turnover.......
How to keep an idiot busy, turnover.......
How to keep an idiot busy, turnover.......
How to keep an idiot busy, turnover.......



[edit on 31-8-2009 by kinda kurious]



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


Wait for Rush Limbaugh to show up on the set.
He phoned it in last time.
4,000,000 viewers on the way.



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Two birds, one stone.....................


Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Time will tell. Glenn beck is heading to 4,000,000 viewers.
He keeps spilling the beans over these Czars.
The American people are thirsty for the truth.
You will not hear this info on MSNBC.


Well his numbers are heading the wrong way if you think he's gonna hit 4M. 2.5M on Thur and 2.8M from Friday. I suspect there's only a finite number of stupid people smart enough to turn on and tune in.

I agree, the American people are Thirsty for Change, that's why Obama won the election.

MSNBC is substandard IMO, I've never defended them. Not soure why you brought them up.


Originally posted by MissysWorld
How right you are! The truth is what people seek, and it's making the ObamaBobbleHeads VERY scared...Who is going to stay around and hold the water hose, when thier beloved Trojan Horse burns to the ground?....
Marshmello's anyone?


If you truly seek the truth, I don't think the warm glow of a TV show Carnival Barker is capable of emanating true enlightenment. Unless one has exceeded their tattoo to tooth to ratio. Perhaps some viewers whould be well served to step outside their trailer park and visit the real world. (I'm not talking about the next Budweiser run.)

Too bad there isn't an emoticon for duh.....oh there is.


On Topic:

Mr. Beck's "performances" reminds me of that joke printed on both sides of a card....

How to keep an idiot busy, turnover.......
How to keep an idiot busy, turnover.......
How to keep an idiot busy, turnover.......
How to keep an idiot busy, turnover.......



[edit on 31-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

Seems to me you should be more worried about the "Change" in Obama's numbers.. You see he's not doing too good right now with the American people..you know..the American people that voted for "Change"..
Oh wait..When they heard the TRUTH about just who is in the White House, and just who has the presidents ear..they "Changed" thier minds...
If you want Marxists to run your country, find one where the majority think like you...
Until then..."We surround you"
Tell the others they can climb up the ladder back into that Trojan Horse with you, and ride into the sunset..

P.S. NEVER take the word of anyone..evidently you DO have the internet, so look up the backgrounds of the Czars, the Chair of Apollo, and amazingly you too will come up with the SAME facts as Glenn Beck..an to think..you didnt have to turn that tv on at all..


[edit on 31-8-2009 by MissysWorld]



new topics

top topics



 
29
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join