It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logging in freezes time stamps problem.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Firstly I just done some searches and didn`t find an identical problem thread to mine, and secondly I hope i`m posting in the correct forum

My problem - As soon as I log in all dates and times stamps etc become identical, and the date will reflect the date I have used in my profile, for eg:- say date in my profile reads 1/1/2009 everyone will have registered on 1/1/2009, and all posts will have been sent the same day.

I use Firefox and it must be down to some cache issue i`ve tried various (might be) remedies to no avail. Also when trying to set my base time GMT 0, it will change as soon as I press update to some random time zone, not a life threatening problem but an annoying one nonetheless, a screenie, I have just changed the date in my profile it would have read 18/8/2009 and not 28/08/2009 btw

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6132ded5190.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks in advance

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The cause of the problem is usually the date formatting...

In your "Account Settings", what is the text that is in the Date Format box? If there is something written in there, try deleting the formatting, i.e. leave the box completely empty, and submit the changes.

See if this fixed the problem.

If this did fix the problem, let us know in what format you would like your date to appear, and we may be able to help you with the correct formatting.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

That seems to have worked thanks very much Gem

Although it did take quite a few tries before I got the time stamp correct (London) and date format I prefer the English way please dd/mm/yy.

Thanks again

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Mmmm, just noticed that my time stamp is an hour behind, wondering if B.S.T. has not been introduced to your clock B.S.T. = G.M.T +1, just a thought, as my time stamp even though it`s set to G.M.T. is an hour behind, this maybe a cause of the problem

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Seventh]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventh

My guess would also be that our clock isn't smart enough to know about BST (and all the other Daylight savings time zones)...

new topics

top topics

join