It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been done already. But I thought it would be fun to play the six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Something light and fun. Come and play!

For me:

My uncle was in an indy movie, the director acted in another indy movie. One of the camerman shot a movie with Kevin Bacon in it.

There, four degrees.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Six degrees? I can do it in two:

1. I like bacon
2. I have a cousin named Kevin

Snap!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

LOL ok.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I can do it for the Queen.

My ex-employer was at a dinner attended by Princess Margaret (she says she knew her slightly) so that puts me three degrees away.

And now by our association, I am 5 degrees from Kevin Bacon and you are 4 degrees from the Queen.

Brilliant -

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I met Denzel Washington. Denzel Washington was in Man on Fire with Dakota Fanning. Dakota Fanning was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think this game is being played wrong.

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

LOL

but it is still fun. I think any celebrity association is fun.

As someone pointed out to me once, you could probably do 6 degrees with anyone. So my quesiton is, how did it get to be Kevin Bacon?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
So my quesiton is, how did it get to be Kevin Bacon?

Longevity in Hollywood, so many films, and he may be the consummate supporting actor of our time would be my guess.

Peace

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
So my quesiton is, how did it get to be Kevin Bacon?

The game was created in early 1994 by three students at Albright College, Craig Fass, Brian Turtle, and Mike Ginelli. According to an interview with the three in the Spring 1999 issue of the college's magazine, The Albright Reporter, they were watching Footloose during a heavy snowstorm. When the film was followed by Quicksilver, they began to speculate on how many movies Bacon had been in and the number of people he had worked with.

In the interview, Brian Turtle said, "It became one of our stupid party tricks, I guess. People would throw names at us, and we'd connect them to Kevin Bacon."

The trio wrote talk show host Jon Stewart a letter telling him that "Kevin Bacon was the center of the entertainment universe" and explaining the game.[2] They appeared on The Jon Stewart Show and The Howard Stern Show with Bacon to explain the game. Bacon admitted that he initially disliked the game because he believed it was ridiculing him, but he eventually came to enjoy it.

Source.

OK, now it's my turn. I waited on Kathleen Turner at the Casa Marina in Key West. Kathleen Turner appeared with John Lithgow at the 59th Annual Tony Awards.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11e6ec6afad0.jpg[/atsimg]
John Lithgow played Reverend Shaw Moore in the Kevin Bacon classic 'Footloose'.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2987027edb59.jpg[/atsimg]
Only three degrees.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ever time he crosses my mind I think of this scene out of footloose

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Thank you so much for the information!

I think I do remember hearing that Bacon hated it. But really, i think it gives him a lot of attention. I would give you a star but I seem to have lost the ability.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I met Kevin on the set of "My one and Only" in which I was an extra/precision driver. How many degrees is that?

www.imdb.com...

I also met Renee Z.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Okay....I have another two degrees from Kevin for myself:

1. I know whaaa
2. whaaa met Kevin Bacon

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

LOL I guess that makes us all two degrees now. Game over.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

He did hate it at first, but has come to embrace it now. As for stars, no stars on BTS.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

What was Renee Z. like? She is always so cute.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

She seemed to be a very sweet southern bell. Hung out with the teamsters and crew/extras for a little while and was not afraid to get profane. However she preferred to stay in her trailer because the scene was in the desert east of Mt. Aire, NM and it was hot. She is one of the few stars that has bothered to introduce themselves to the crew In my 15 mo. in the business.
Wilfred Grimly and Sam Elliot were good people too.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I have always liked Sam eliot. He seems like the kind of guy who would give you his shirt and buy you a beer.

Funny how some peronalities can shine through even through the big screen.

new topics

top topics

join