It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

disappearing people around the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
"Black Holes" Devour People
04/26/2004 14:06
A group of 150 people disappeared within one minute

Witnesses clearly saw that a glimmering cloud shrouded the people who entered a small valley. Then the foggy mass lifted off and disappeared in the blue carrying along the first battalion of the 5th Norfolk regiment of the British army - all soldiers to a man were gone...

Vanished in a cloud

The event which occurred on August 21, 1915, when an entire battalion was gone in the presence of other people, had been an official secret for over fifty years. Only in 1967 the documents containing the testimonies of twenty witnesses to this incident, which happened in the Southern Europe near Dardanelles, were made public. A long search for the vanished soldiers was mounted. But none of them had been found neither among the dead, nor among the POWs released by Turks after the war.

Mass disappearances of people are among the mysteries in the world history which are most hard to explain. So far scientists cannot offer a lucid explanation for such strange things, as the disappearance in 1590 of about a hundred men, women and children, who lived in an American colony on Roanoke Island. When the soldiers marched in the village, they saw burning candles and tables set for meal in the huts, but with no settlers around. The first idea was that Indians had killed them, but no drop of blood or dead body could be found anywhere. Only a few words were left carved seemingly in great haste on a tree near the priest's house reading "it doesn't look like... ".

The search for six hundred inhabitants of the settlement Hoer-Verde in Brazil, who disappeared on February 5, 1923, was given up a long time ago. The police thoroughly examined the vacated small town. At school, they noticed a gun, which was apparently used the day before, lying on the floor and words "there is no salvation" written on a blackboard.

"We can only guess why such mysteries happen, but so far we have failed to find any scientific explanation for them," said Zong Li, Doctor of History from Harbin, who had been investigating cases of mass disappearances in China for many years. "Well, how can the disappearance of 3, 000 Chinese soldiers near Nanking, where they held their positions on a December night in 1937, be explained? Next morning, radio communication with this unit was suddenly lost, and a reconnaissance group dispatched quickly did not find any trace of the people. It appeared as if they had deserted, but around there were posts of armed guard and the soldiers could not escape unnoticed. Recently, an investigation in the city archive produced evidence of the 12th company 100 strong of the Soviet NKVD forces disappeared in November 1945. The group was heading for the railway station and did not come back. A search yielded only slight traces like tents put up for a halt, or an extinguished fire. That same year, a train carrying hundreds of passengers traveling from Guandun to Shanghai was lost halfway to its destination, leaving not a single nut. Where might all the passengers have gone?

more on the link

english.pravda.ru...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I got all excited reading this artical until I saw the link:
Pravda.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
yea Pravda is always full of interesting 'facts' like these

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Had me to until I saw the Pravda link, oh well

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The story is real enough, not something made up by Pravda! I've read the exact same story in a 20 year old book on UFO's!
It had a pretty good description actually...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Something tells me it will happen again. But this time it will be one by one. Very renound and well known people will just start to disapear. No nothing will be found. No reason, no ryme.

I had a dream in which this happend. And after all the people were taken, it was like heaven on earth.

I hate crazy dreams...............................

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Something tells me it will happen again. But this time it will be one by one. Very renound and well known people will just start to disapear. No nothing will be found. No reason, no ryme.

I had a dream in which this happend. And after all the people were taken, it was like heaven on earth.

I hate crazy dreams...............................
...........and I hate when people repeat crazy dreams like they're fact.

Unless you have some proof of this phenomenon and how it will happen, you'd do well to use the words, "according to my dream" and "in my opinion". Disinformation and ignorance starts within the UFO Community and if we aren't able to deny it from within how can we hope to repel it from without?

Have a good one. Stay away from Pravda and glimmering clouds.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I dont think I stated it was fact. I stated I had a dream in which this happened. The dream was fact, and as you know there is no way to prove a dream................

You crazy americans

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yes, it's not all Pravda fabrication. I know for a definite fact that the report of the disappearance of the men in WWI with te glimmering cloud is true, as well as the story of Roanoke. However, the other ones could easily be Pravda 'facts.'

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spngsambigpants
the story of Roanoke

The Disappearance of the people of Roanoke Island has never been solved but it has been thought that the mystery had something to do with the Croatoan Indians, not glimmering clouds.

Whether the people went to willingly live with the indians or were slaughtered by them isn't known.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest

Originally posted by spngsambigpants
the story of Roanoke

The Disappearance of the people of Roanoke Island has never been solved but it has been thought that the mystery had something to do with the Croatoan Indians, not glimmering clouds.

Whether the people went to willingly live with the indians or were slaughtered by them isn't known.

I never thought or said it had anything to do with glimmering clouds. Nor did the Pravda article, in fact, though their explanation of the disappearances is obviously complete bull.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I was going to post it in the Aliens theories thread but I post it here since it is about disappearing related to Aliens.

Got a little small theory� I thought about some people take suicide and some get killed in strange ways or finds them killed not knowing the reason and it gets never solved�
So I was joust thinking Could it be that some of the persons had any contact with extra terrestrials and decided to come with them or something like that but the only way was to create a Death so it would be no mystery for their disappearing? Some cases really is strange�

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yeah here�s something that I`ve beenscratching my head over. Man I tell ya, there must be a sh*t load of people living Alaska with a really bad sense of direction.

msnbc.msn.com...

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Opus]

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Opus]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Sorry to dig up such an ancient tread (although it is an interesting one), but I see the actual conclusion of the story was never published here, so I think it's in order to "update" it.

The story about the 1/5th Norfolk regiments originated in a military dispatch by Sir Ian Hamilton, in which he calls the disappearance of the men "very mysterious". Which undoubtedly it must have looked, or he wouldn't have used that term.

In 1919, the probable truth was found out, along with the remains of the men. They were most likely "mopped up one by one" behind the enemy lines.

Read about it here

[edit on 18-11-2007 by Vanitas]

top topics

join