It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidnapped California girl resurfaces 18 years later

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Interesting! I haven't been following the story that close as of yet. Shame on the authorities. Heads will roll!! I am very happy for the girl and her family but, after 18 years of torture I am afraid the worst is yet to come for this family as the truth begins to play out. God be with them.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
If I lived next door to them I would hope that I would notice something unusual during that time frame. Kind of like the Klopek's in "THe Burbs".

I live in a area of 2 acre lots. Some are completely overgrown - that you can not even see the main house.

You do not go snooping in your neighbor's yard without some reason.

He built a sound proof room. Maybe - also they were taught not to make noise.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

As for this perv, what I find fascinating is the mind control aspect of it. There have been more than a few cases of ritual sexual abuse out of California with mind control and/or occult as the subtext.

What the hell goes on there?

Hey - I was born and raised in CA. I am now in Arizona. Its like a "right wing" time warp.

I don't particularly remember ritual abuse cases in CA. However - the large population lends to percentages.

The large number of kids born in CA with Autism is alarming though. IMO.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I have no desire to inflict "pain because of pain".

I do. And there are plenty like me, just leave it to folks like us, you wouldn't need to worry about it. Monsters that victimize children do not deserve a painless death. Get me some bolt cutters, a blow torch, and a webcam so all the other chomos can see what awaits them if they EVER act on their sick desires.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I have no desire to inflict "pain because of pain".

I do. And there are plenty like me, just leave it to folks like us, you wouldn't need to worry about it. Monsters that victimize children do not deserve a painless death. Get me some bolt cutters, a blow torch, and a webcam so all the other chomos can see what awaits them if they EVER act on their sick desires.

What does that say about you?

I am a grandmother. You can't undo what has been done.

However - I don't believe in repeat offenders. Ridding them from this existence works for me. I have no need to stoop to their level.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The whole "eye for eye," practice has really taken me for a loop. I can't grasp how inflicting horrendous bodily harm is going to leave a lasting impression on the people accused of this heinous crime? Granted, these people are monsters and no more important than the dog crap on the bottom of my boot and punishment is surely reasonable for them.

However, if you brutally torture or maim someone for say weeks, months, years, sooner or later, that body is going to give out and the person dies. When they die their suffering ends at least from an atheists standpoint and I know some religious followers would disagree. But, that is another story. I am talking about this earth; here and now. When a person dies the suffering is over.

This woman and her children are going to live out their lives with the crimes committed against them on their conscience for all their days, why should the people that committed the crimes get off with death? I think that punishment is light given the psychological affects on the girl and her children. Well, here's what I pose as punishment, put them on trial and ensure that they get life in prison under solitary confinement with no contact with the outside world. Let madness consume them and that in my humble opinion would be a punishment fitting the crimes. Just imagine being in a dark room with no attire and meager food for all your days. Now that is punishment if you ask me?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
While looking at this story I saw this...

Jaycee Dugard had been missing since she was snatched off a street by two people in a gray sedan while walking to a bus stop near her home in South Lake Tahoe, east of San Francisco, on June 10, 1991.

This is from the Wiki Article on Ted Kennedy's career:

Meanwhile, at a June 17, 1991 dinner party, Kennedy saw Victoria Anne Reggie, a Washington lawyer at Keck, Mahin & Cate, a divorced mother of two, and the daughter of an old Kennedy family ally, Louisiana judge Edmund Reggie. They began dating and by September were in a serious relationship.

This young woman's life is eerily linked to Kennedy. No I am not saying that T. Kennedy was personally involved in her disappearance, but what I have noticed is that people are linked. It seems that Jaycee Dugard is linked more to Kennedy's most recent wife than to Kennedy himself.

Within days of one another Dugard and Reggie, as it is, mothers of two girls, met men that changed their lives. Within days of one another 18 years later their lives once again changed.

I once had the thought that any one story or event can be viewed as an elaboration on another seemingly unrelated event. The two stories together can give the reader a more refined understanding of both events.

Kennedy's reputation makes him just about untouchable and above reproach. I don't know the guy or anything about his politics, family or career, but Phillip Craig and Nancy Garrido are monsters who we are only just beginning to learn about and it will take some time to determine why they would kidnap an 11 years old girl, father her two children and keep them all in a shed in their backyard for eighteen years. It appears to have already taken a supernatural tone, with regards to the reason. I'll just have to do more reading to find out why.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
The whole "eye for eye," practice has really taken me for a loop. I can't grasp how inflicting horrendous bodily harm is going to leave a lasting impression on the people accused of this heinous crime?

Because, it WILL act as a deterrent, and if the fear of a torturous death prevents even ONE chomo from harming another child, then it was more than worth it, IMO. People who victimize the innocent are cowards, and very protective of themselves, if they are confident that they will be treated humanely if caught, there is NOTHING to stop them from acting on their urges.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

What does that say about you?

I don't care what you think that says about me. You can keep your compassion for child molesters. I'm not interested in it, annee.

I am a grandmother. You can't undo what has been done.

I am well aware of who you are, lol...but what does being a grandmother have to do with this? Or undoing what has been done? We are supposed to protect our children, when we fail on the front end, we need to do it on the back end. It's true what's done cant be undone, but what hasnt been done yet can certainly be undone, when the cowards takes into account the extreme risk they will be taking if they act on their perversion.

I have no need to stoop to their level.

Good for you. Keep your moral high ground, i don't want it in this case.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

These slime bags will continue violating the innocents because they are a few cans short of a six pack. Deterrence as you mentioned wont work and there has been talking of executing sex offenders or castrating them but what will it accomplish? Down the road, there will be another to perform an even more horrendous act. I really don't see the how brutally executing someone is going to stop future sex offenders dead in their tracks?

I, like you, believe a crime against the innocence of a child is tantamount to one of the gravest crimes to besmirch humanity, but to use extreme violence as a deterrence doesn't seem fitting enough for an individual that is mentally disturbed? They are not on the same wavelength as you or I, psychologically. You are right in your anger and want for reciprocity, but I have to respectfully disagree with you, because I don't think it is going to have the outcome we all want. Thanks for your poignant comments.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just wondering - am I the only person that thinks this isn't an excuse to return to Middle Eastern-style justice in the civilized world?

Now, this guy is not gonna change - and no chances can be taken, so life in prison, yes. Torture, death penalty? No!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
These people are acting of insanity, we don't need to reciprocate.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I suppose being at the fringe of conspiracy and occult is better than not even being in the ballpark.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Well, here's what I pose as punishment, put them on trial and ensure that they get life in prison under solitary confinement with no contact with the outside world. Let madness consume them and that in my humble opinion would be a punishment fitting the crimes. Just imagine being in a dark room with no attire and meager food for all your days. Now that is punishment if you ask me?
fa

Here is where 27jd & I agree.

I am not willing to pay for them to live.

I'd rather give what it costs to support them to their victim.

Lethal injections are cheap and final.

There is no moral high ground. How does me hurting someone undo what they have done? It doesn't. Allowing anger to build up in your body - only hurts you.

I'd rather put my energy in to the positive of helping the victim move forward.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Deterrence as you mentioned wont work and there has been talking of executing sex offenders or castrating them but what will it accomplish?

Talk, nothing more than talk. If the sex offenders were to watch the Nick Berg beheading, and KNOW that if they are caught and proven guilty, they will get to experience that, it WILL affect their decision making. I'm certain of that.

I am not going to try and validate my opinion against a torrent of posters who think i'm a monster for wanting to kill a monster. I know the old sayings, and i'm aware of the fact that i'm not on the "high ground", with my opinion. I am going to bow out of the thread now, since i've been round and round with this SO many times, i wish not to make myself puke. Also, i start getting angry because right or wrong, i see those who would stand up for their human rights as almost condoning their actions, for whatever personal reasons, disguised as taking the "high ground". I hope youre sincere in your disgust for them.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Some might say that the "fringe" of conspiracy and occult is more accurately the leading edge...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

Meanwhile, at a June 17, 1991 dinner party, Kennedy saw Victoria Anne Reggie, a Washington lawyer at Keck, Mahin & Cate, a divorced mother of two, and the daughter of an old Kennedy family ally, Louisiana judge Edmund Reggie. They began dating and by September were in a serious relationship.

Did you provide these detailed links in your OP? Did I miss it?

Perhaps if you had researched deeper and waited a couple days for the shock of this story to subside some.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes...that specific piece is found in the Ted Kennedy wikipage. I thought about that...waiting for awhile...but I went with a toned down version of my question.

I'm not sure when, or if, I should post my theory of what happens when evil people die, which is related to this whole story.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This Garrido fellow was heavily influenced by this group:

www.thepacificinstitute.us...

"Cultural Transformation Experts...to the World"

Weird. I think this guy might have thought he could "cure" himself through affirmations.

[edit on 28/8/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
This Garrido fellow was heavily influenced by this group:

www.thepacificinstitute.us...

"Cultural Transformation Experts...to the World"

Weird. I think this guy might have thought he could "cure" himself through affirmations.

Oh OK. Every group has their wackos.

I was raised in Dr. Ernest Holmes original church and philosophy of Power of Positive Thinking.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join