It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidnapped California girl resurfaces 18 years later

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Kidnapped California girl resurfaces 18 years later

www.reuters.com

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A woman who was kidnapped in 1991 at the age of 11 turned up at a California police station on Wednesday, authorities said, and a couple accused of abducting her has reportedly been arrested.
Jaycee Dugard had been missing since she was abducted near her home in South Lake Tahoe on June 10, 1991 by two people in a gray sedan.

"It's a pretty spectacular story just to find someone like that. Someone we assumed was dead," said Bill Clark, the chief assistant district attorney for El Dorado County, an area east of Sacramento that stretches into the Sierra Nevada an
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Shortly after Eunice Kennedy died, actually three days later...Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme was paroled from prison.

I knew Ted Kennedy was near death and he would pass soon and thought to myself...I wonder if someone will be released from prison when he dies. I didn't have to wait long for an answer. Two days later this young woman, kidnapped when she was eleven is released from her sexual prison.

Some may feel its too soon to ask the following question, "Were the Kennedy's the type of people who would enslave souls in exchange for political power?"

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
Some may feel its too soon to ask the following question, "Were the Kennedy's the type of people who would enslave souls in exchange for political power?"

Hmmmm, not sure about that one. But what i do know is the man accused was a sex offender, released from prison, only to take somebody's child away from them. For 18 years she was likely assumed dead, but instead was being sexually abused. All the more reason, IMO, sex offenders should be executed, and never released back into society. One strike and you're out.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
They kept her in a shed for 18 years!
They better get a life sentence as they've already ruined the girl's life.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

I don't know if this is good or sad news, after what she has endured I just watched a live press conference by police. She was kept in a secret back yard in sheds, with her 2 children fathered by the kidnapper.
The mother is flying to meet her now. The step father was a murder suspect until yesterday, it destroyed their marriage. So sad!!!!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would like to be the guy that distributes the torture to these slimebags. Things like this make me feel like throwing up. How can people be this evil and mean spirited. I would love to take that guy, and hook up his junk to a car battery, stand about 25 feet away and start shooting him with a super soaker.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
They better get a life sentence as they've already ruined the girl's life.

A life sentence? Oh, no. A life sentence is far too light for these two individuals.

Caving their skulls in with an entrenching tool is they way they should go to meet their Maker.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I agree with you. Once a person has raped, or murdered anyone, and more so a child even if just once those people have given up their right to live.

When it concerns rape, or premeditated murder imo there shouldn't be any second chances.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Exactly, our government spends far too much time and energy arresting and jailing people for victimless crimes, that only involve some corporate fat cat not getting his cut. And to make room, they let guys like this go free, and they probably feel even more empowered to victimize again. If this man had been executed like he should have been, this would not have happened. Those who advocate rights for these monsters, once proven guilty, share some of the blame, IMO.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Sorry, but I don't agree. Killing someone for rape is the easy way out. They should suffer the rest of their lives like the children have to suffer the rest of their lives.

These people kept this girl in a shed and tortured her for 18 years. They should get nothing less and far more.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

With the way the laws are these people can get out of jail, or mental institutions and get back to the regular world where they can rape, and or murder again.

If there is no doubt that a person has raped, or murdered someone they should get a death penalty. It would also stop these people from raping, and murdering others, and could even put a stop to many would be rapers and murderers.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Its an awfully gruesome story, it seems as though she'll be able to recover along with her daughters. The kidnappers will certainly get what's owed them, with interest.

I just found it odd that a major public figure dies...someone is released from some type of prison and wanted to probe the nature of a possible connection of the four events.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

You're right. Cooler heads prevailed. Executing them is too quick and neat.

Sending them to prison where they can be the meat on an Aryan Nation
rotisserie night after night after painful night is a much better punishment.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Supposedly this is the guy's blog. It certainly is creepy:

voicesrevealed.blogspot.com...

All the looneys have blogs these days...

[edit on 27/8/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Wow that's terrible what the poor girl had to go through. Thank god she's free now, but the damage has been done.

And that's why I hate the death penalty. Why is it so humane? We do the same thing to animals when they're sick and dying to put them out of their misery. Bring back all those torture techniques from the middle ages.

Human rights activists always complain. Why is it ok for a lunatic to brutally rape, torture, and murder someone, get sentenced to death, live comfortably in a prison and then get "put to sleep" in the most humane way? Two wrongs don't make a right but boy vengeance is sweet, and fun to watch as well!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
Its an awfully gruesome story, it seems as though she'll be able to recover along with her daughters. The kidnappers will certainly get what's owed them, with interest.

I just found it odd that a major public figure dies...someone is released from some type of prison and wanted to probe the nature of a possible connection of the four events.

I find it pretty sickening that you try to link Kennedys with the imprisonment of this lady and her kids or even try to compare them with Squeky Fromme. What is it with you folks on the right? Can't ever pass up an opportunity to try to smear someone into the ground? Did you learn that in church?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

KJ
where did you get this is his blog?
Whoever he was, rating about freedom, and then denying another...yuk!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Of course it is the web so... browser beware, but:

claycord.blogspot.com...

From the blog:

This document is to affirm that I Phillip Garrido have clearly demonstrated the ability to control sound with my mind and have developed a device for others to witness this phenomena. by using a sound generator to provide the sound, and a headphone amplification system, ( a device to focuc your hearing so as to increase the sensitivity of what one is listening to) I have produced a set of voices by effectively controlling the sound to pronounce words through my own mental powers.

Of course he'll plead crazy.

[edit on 27/8/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
On one hand, I'm happy she's still alive, after nearly 20 years of hell. On the other hand, it's so sad what she and also her family have been through.

The guy definitely deserves life in jail; he is a nutcase.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Executing them is too quick and neat.

Who said anything about quick and neat? I would specify, but anytime i explain how i think people who prey on children should die, the thread is flooded with child molester sympathizers who call me a monster.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join