It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Inhofe (R) - Me no read bill - Me against bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by mikerussellus

I've read it. I do presentations, contracts with lots of legal ease many times a week.
That bill is a complete piece of trial lawyer crap.
It is nothing but back doors, open doors, and redirects.

You sign a contract like that, and I'll have you out of your home, car before dark.

AMEN brother!
I read it and my eyes bled for a week.
So did my liver, but that was for a different reason, I think. . . .

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

HR3200 WAS the final bill. It was the one the House of Representatives voted on. When the senate saw the reaction to wee little folk reading it, they experienced a severe pucker factor and started to create other versions. If this was a rough draft, then why have the final version done in November of LAST YEAR?

What all the debate is on now, is HR3200.

Let me add to your first part.
They voted on it in "Commitee", not on the floor. Just to make that clear for a few.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Other than tax cuts, name one thing that has come out of Congress that has ever been worthwhile in the last 20 years?

I can't name 1, so the odds are good for voting against.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

Originally posted by mikerussellus

HR3200 WAS the final bill. It was the one the House of Representatives voted on. When the senate saw the reaction to wee little folk reading it, they experienced a severe pucker factor and started to create other versions. If this was a rough draft, then why have the final version done in November of LAST YEAR?

What all the debate is on now, is HR3200.

Let me add to your first part.
They voted on it in "Commitee", not on the floor. Just to make that clear for a few.

Thank you for that clarification. I was a wee bit shaky on stating that, but I thought it was correct.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
A Senator going with the public opinion of his state? I'll take that all day long!

Bravo Senator Inhofe!!!!!

I'd rather have someone vote no on something they haven't read than vote yes for something they haven't.

Agreed!
Second line.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Totakeke]

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's one thing to admit to not having read it, it's another to admit that he doesn't know what's in it. Perhaps he is so cavalier because he's not worried about his seat, but if any of my representatives admitted that they don't know and don't care to know what they are voting on and what they are representing me on, they will never have my vote again.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
More than likely, he's probably getting so much negative feedback from his constituents about this bill that there's no way he could ever vote for it, whether he's read it or not. In that case, I don't really have a huge problem with his statement, especially considering that the House bill he's speaking of hasn't even reached the Senate for their consideration yet, and the way its looking, that may never happen in its current form.

Besides, as has been said by others, I'd rather they take this stance than to vote for a bill they haven't read. At least they're not piling on additional problems when they do that.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

That was my point. I'm waiting for the squabling and revising to end and a Bill to hit the floor before I waste (I'm assuming that it will suck and be full of 'add-ons') my time reading it. But for an elected Law Maker to not read every stinking version of proposed legislation is utter crap. THAT'S HIS FRAKKIN' JOB!

I also wish that Congress would adopt the KISS method in regards to writing Bills: KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Why should SENATOR Inhofe read a HOUSE bill? Esp. when it's not even near coming up for a vote in the Senate. The Senate is working on 4, I think, health care bills of their own.

If you're going to be raising cain about someone not reading the bill, why is Rep Conyers, a DEMOCRAT, getting a pass. If I am not mistaken, there are also one or two more DEMOCRATIC Reps that have said they have not read the bill either.

What a bunch of hypocrites some of you are! It's quite OK with you if a Democratic Representative doesn't read a HOUSE bill, but not okay if a Republican Senator doesn't read it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

I have a problem with any of them not reading legislation being drafted, regardless of party affiliation. And to make a decision on whether or not to vote on a piece of legislation without reading said legislation... Well, if you or I were to do anything of the such in our own workplaces, we would be fired, and rightfully so!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by RRconservative

So a collective group who has no idea what they are opposing is just fine and dandy with you? We truly do deserve to go the way of the Soviet Union... Into the mists of history!

BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY! THERE IS NO INTELLIGENT LIFE HERE!

Hey Jaxxon I don't have to read the bill to know I am against it. Lets see I am middle class and I work out of country 8 to 9 months a year. I make 100k a year due to all the over time I put in and I make 16.47 an hour. I pay for my own medical and my GF pays for hers. I pay 3.7k a month in taxes to so called support the less fortunate...

So with many things in mind why on earth would I want to pay more in taxes. Oh I guess I am supposed to work 10 months out of country so slobs like You can have the chance to have medical? You and the people that are for this are the same type of people that refuse good paying jobs like mine because You don't want to be away from home or maybe because you can't kick the drug habbit....

So I don't have to read squat to know that I will end up being the real looser in the deal when in reality Your people should be the real loosers.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Publicly expressing that attitude should call for immediate, unconditional removal from his elected post. He is denying his constituents their proper and due representation. What a low-life!

just my 2-cents
Not really. I just read the article on yahoo and was gonna post it but thank god someone more articulate did. Anywho he sounded like he based his decission from what he was hearing on the steet so to speak, basically following what the majority were saying. Still should have read it though, we did.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

why does he need to read it ?

it doesnt matter what is in there, its unconstitutional. the constitution does not grant the federal govt the power to regulate healthcare

or maybe you havent read the 10th amendment ?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Senator Inhofe knows Oklahomans and what they want. He would be committing political suicide if he voted for this, because the majority (dare I say all) of his constituents would see him out the door.

I have to agree with a previous poster. Why call out Sen. Inhofe when Conyers mockingly stated that he didn't see the need to read it?

Double standards. You gotta love 'em.

Just to be perfectly clear, it doesn't bother me that he hasn't read it. I voted for him and I'll vote for him again, as long as he tries to stop trash like this from being pushed through. As long as he listens to his constituents, would be putting it more precisely.

I'll end on this note. I think we need reform desperately, but until someone puts tort reform at the top of the list, we'll never get anywhere near affordable health care.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

Then Medicare is done. Say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa! Oh, and their Social Security is done as well! No money, no doctor, no prescriptions...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yup, I'm afraid reading, in ENGLISH, should be a requirement. If you can't read it, you guys better get your crap together and make it easier to read. How many pages is the Constitution? Like five or six pages? It's bloated crap, to cya, but the Y is a THEM.
But let's be honest, he's a Senator. A senator that was face to face with his constituents? I'm guessing the vision of tar and feathers came to mind, after learning about the healthcare reform bill from the media and his public, and he decided he should keep the natives on his side for now.
But ya know what? He'll just get back to the office in a little while and vote however the hell he wants. When you aren't in danger of being run out of town on a rail, you find a little courage to do what the rest of the idiots want you to do. Who does he need on his side? Us, or them? He's already GOT all MY money, so there aint nothin' else I'm gonna do for him...except maybe cut his grass.

Any difference in the BIG's

[edit on 27-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

[edit on 27-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey, to all you party pimps out there who say "he doesn't have to/need to read it" ...

IT IS HIS FREAKIN JOB

And you're all conveniently focusing on the "read" part ...

He said he doesn't even want to KNOW what's in it!!!

Christ almighty, reopen your civics textbooks, we don't live in a referendum democracy, legislation is not American Idol, or else all bills would go directly to the constituents and we could cut out the middle man. But it's not, so until that changes he might wanna look into it, if he's not too busy getting his ideas from the news as he proclaimed.
Some of the greatest decisions this country has ever made were unpopular when they were made, and it took men of courage and leadership to make them who knew it was not the popular thing to do.

But the hell with all that, we're not asking him to be a hero, just to take some time from his very busy scedule looking into it.

And not for nothing, I hate to break this to you, but he doesn't ONLY represent those who voted for him.

He doesn't want to read it ... fine. He wants to push it onto an lackey to give him cliff notes ... whatever. But he doesn't want to know what's in it?

You've got to be freakin' kidding me!

I DON"T CARE if he's a rep or a dem, it is his JOB!!!!!

Those that defend this jackassery, have no respect for anyone but the party that wags them.

And he shows even less respect for those among you who have come to the same conclusion by actually looking into it. If you're backing this action because you agree with his position you are missing the point.

Beyond embarrassing.

[edit on 27 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Good Lord!!! It's a thousand double-spaced pages, fahhellsakes!!! It takes about six hours, and that's if a prudent person is taking notes.

I don't give a damn which political party one aligns with, if a member of Congress or a Senator has not read the bill, then they are toejam in my book. READ the frickin' thing!!!! It's going to change the entire economy and flow and health of the United States, and by extention, possibly the world economy!!!!

[insert primal scream] *cough* I'm getting too old for this....... stuff

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

It's his JOB to be the voice of his constituents. He knows what's in the bill. When he stated he didn't need to read it, I'm sure he meant it in a way as to relay the fact that it's recycled bullcrap that he's seen before. The whole concept isn't foreign to him.

He represents the people, and the people here, don't want it.

Furthermore, the dems have the majority. Why don't they pass it already??? I think we all know the answer to that one. When it blows up in their face, they'll want someone else to point the finger of blame at. Yes, we put the noose around your neck but the Republicans helped!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I personally don't hold my breath expecting to hear of a senator or congressperson who actually reads/writes the bills in front of them.

This mans ignorance is especially sickening however.. I can imagine the crowd applauding, which is even MORE sickening..

The Republic died...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join