It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Dream About My Wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sorry... nothing do with sex....I don't think. It was slightly disturbing.

Here's the dream:

My wife tells me that there are these four guys that have treated her bad...They were jerks to her or something...in my head, in the dream, I can see the four guys, all white, sort of dressed like farmers, or country boys, sitting around what looks like a wood-burning stove, or a pickle barrel, just shooting the breeze.
My wife asks me if I will go kill them for her. Being the good husband I am, I say. 'sure, but I'm gonna need a gun.'
She produces a small, semi-auto .22 pistol. Beautiful little piece, apparently 8 rounds or so in a magazine and firing .22 long rifle. Do they even MAKE something like that? Anyway, I'm holding this thing in my hand, and it's very small. I feel..um.. inadequate.
so I know these guys are good old boys and that at least ONE of them is probably packing and that a .22 semi pistol probably isn't going to be enough. I tell her this and she shows me a shotgun that she apparently had just bought.
It was pretty nice, rugged and manly looking, but shorter than what I would have expected. I asked her if she had a 9mm or something like that, because I knew the .22 wouldn't be enough and I remember in the dream, holding the shotgun next to my body and seeing that it was too large to conceal.
She couldn't produce any different weapons for me and again, the good husband I am, I was headed off to do the deal, even though I KNEW I probably wouldn't make it out alive with a piddly little .22 and a shotgun that I couldn't hide. They were going to see me coming.

So...my wife has guns, but she can't supply me with something of a larger caliber that I could conceal. She just matter-of-factly wants these FOUR guys killed. I feel inadequate because my gun is too small (prolly don't need no interpretation there. ) and then I just skip off, under-equipped to 'off' some yokels for my old lady.

Maybe I read too much ATS.

I won't even TELL you about the small, old Iranian, or Afghani that was handing me a sack of gold, or silver, or poo...I never DID get to find out which.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
perhaps the entire dream represents your wife's inability in your eyes to provide you with sufficient insight into her personal life or past to help her out.

Perhaps you feel that shes doesnt provide for you enough ( whatever ) to help you helpp her, which makes it seem impossible to you.

i dunno just reaching for clouds here

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

A wood burning stove and guns that they don't make? Your hunny just casually wants you to go shoot up some folks because they treated her bad?

The wood burning stove sounds like some John Titor future stuff, as well as the guns that they don't make (I don't know if you've seen his shotgun picture).

Here is a link to a starting point here:
johntitor.strategicbrains.com...

Just don't say I didn't warn you if the time travelers come chasing after you

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I've just started trying to interpret my dreams and I use this website. It's got a good dictionary where you search on things in your dream.

Gun
To see a gun in your dream, symbolizes aggression, anger, and potential danger. You may be dealing with issues of passiveness/aggressiveness and authority/dependence. Alternatively, a gun represents the penis and male sexual drive. Thus, the gun may mean power or impotence, depending on whether the gun went off or misfired.

To dream that you shoot a person with a gun, denotes your aggressive feelings and hidden anger toward that particular person.

I couldn't find anything on wood burning stove but they had this:

Barrel
To see an empty barrel in your dream, signifies unfulfilled needs and emotional emptiness. If there is something inside the barrel, consider the significance of the contents. If you are putting a stopper into a barrel, then it suggests that you need to hold onto what you have. Perhaps you are feeling a little instable or insecure about your position or status in life.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This sprung to mind almost immediately after reading your post: Maybe you think your wife has unfair expectations of you and you feel limited by your resources.

Seems about as succinct an interpretation as I can think of.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Sorry... nothing do with sex....I don't think. It was slightly disturbing.

Here's the dream:

My wife tells me that there are these four guys that have treated her bad...They were jerks to her or something...in my head, in the dream, I can see the four guys, all white, sort of dressed like farmers, or country boys, sitting around what looks like a wood-burning stove, or a pickle barrel, just shooting the breeze.

You feel that your wife has been through several bad relationships(haven't we all?) with men who had little to offer.

My wife asks me if I will go kill them for her. Being the good husband I am, I say. 'sure, but I'm gonna need a gun.'

She is looking to you to help her get rid of the bad memories, making them a part of the distant past.

She produces a small, semi-auto .22 pistol. Beautiful little piece, apparently 8 rounds or so in a magazine and firing .22 long rifle. Do they even MAKE something like that? Anyway, I'm holding this thing in my hand, and it's very small. I feel..um.. inadequate.

While it is something you want to do, as it seems like an appealing, you are having doubts about your ability to do so.

so I know these guys are good old boys and that at least ONE of them is probably packing and that a .22 semi pistol probably isn't going to be enough. I tell her this and she shows me a shotgun that she apparently had just bought.
It was pretty nice, rugged and manly looking, but shorter than what I would have expected. I asked her if she had a 9mm or something like that, because I knew the .22 wouldn't be enough and I remember in the dream, holding the shotgun next to my body and seeing that it was too large to conceal.

Again with the doubts, and you are asking for help from her and she is trying, but you still have doubts.

She couldn't produce any different weapons for me and again, the good husband I am, I was headed off to do the deal, even though I KNEW I probably wouldn't make it out alive with a piddly little .22 and a shotgun that I couldn't hide. They were going to see me coming.

You are possibly worried about one or some of them coming back into her life and being a potential threat.

So...my wife has guns, but she can't supply me with something of a larger caliber that I could conceal. She just matter-of-factly wants these FOUR guys killed. I feel inadequate because my gun is too small (prolly don't need no interpretation there. ) and then I just skip off, under-equipped to 'off' some yokels for my old lady.

Maybe I read too much ATS.

I won't even TELL you about the small, old Iranian, or Afghani that was handing me a sack of gold, or silver, or poo...I never DID get to find out which.

In short, to me it looks like this dream represents your thoughts that your wife is looking to you to provide her with a better relationship than her past ones, and seems optimistic about it, but you are having doubts about whether or not you can.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Interesting about the numbers in your dream:

The number 4

Four indicates limitation. For example, catching the number 4 bus would indicate the dreamer is limiting their life journey through their actions or thoughts. A box or square also indicate limitation. This number is very common in dreams and is usually linked with other numbers.

The number 8

Eight, is the only balanced number and indicates expansion through balance of the heart.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have a dream book and it says killing means "seeking to take more control over their lives , it may express the weakening of ingrained modes of thought and action that have been restricting your personal growth"
Although you never said if you auctually killed these guys.

I had a dream not too long ago that my husband and I moved to a huge college campus or something of the sort and had already been moved from one dorm to another. We were driving around one day and I saw some old friends and got out to talk and get their numbers. Well, he kept yelling at me to hurry up and when I failed to do so he drove off. It took me all day to find my way back home and it was really dark when I finally found home but when I got there he came out yelling and screaming so I geabbed a 4x4 that just happened to be sitting there and bashed his face in. I started to cry and was screaming for someone to call 911 then I woke up.
Wonder what that one meant?

top topics

join