It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC, NBC Won't Air Ad Critical of Obama's Health Care Plan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Newsflash:

ABC and NBC won't air Ad critical of official account of Holocaust.

Same difference.

Yeah, not really...at all. In fact, that was an insult to everyone's intelligence on the board for having said that.

Ad critical of an event that was the genocide of many many people.

Ad critical of a big budgeted spending program by government.

I don't see the connection, at all.

You don't?

Claims of death panels are just as absurd as Holocaust denials. I hope that helps your intelligence to continue to function smoothly.

You think the claims of death panels are absurd? HA HA HA we have them NOW they are called Bureaucrats and yes they would be doing the same thing those in the insurance business do when they decline to pay for something they deem unworthy even if it is to save your life.

I doubt you read the entire bill have you? It is over half a foot thick if not more and just from what I had gleaned where such death panels are joked about, or mocked, it sure as hell looks the same to the legalese pvt insurances use to deny someone life saving care.

Don't think America can come to such a place as the Nazi's did when Americans were already being victimized by court passing eugenics laws in America before we even knew about the nazi's doing it.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Stylez]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stylez
You think the claims of death panels are absurd? HA HA HA we have them NOW they are called Bureaucrats and yes they would be doing the same thing those in the insurance business do when they decline to pay for something they deem unworthy even if it is to save your life.

I would agree with you that the existing system is nasty, cf:

www.nytimes.com...

I don't share your conviction that public service will have same bottom-line motivation as the currently existing death panels of insurance companies. Fire Departments are public service in most places, and I haven't heard they are saving money by not picking up the phone.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

I think that viewpoints supported by facts, pro and con, should be available to the people.

TV is one vehicle to disseminate this information.

I don't think that the major networks should have the veto power for ads like this.

That's just the problem. The ad is not supported by facts. That's why network officials want to check the accuracy of the statements before they air it.

There is such a thing as responsible journalism, where you don't just prey on the fears of vulnerable people in order to drive home a purely political agenda.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

If the add is not correct, then this article shouldn't have made it to any news service.

I haven't seen the ad or even tried to fact check it.

This is a hot political issue and I do believe that the public should not be deprived of potential sources of information.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

That is probably why becks ratings are through the roof

Total viewers: Beck hits 3 million, 5 1/2 times the audience of MSNBC slobbering over the Kennedy story

hotairpundit.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

All I see on the news is Kennedy.....

They've covered that sufficiently. I'd like some other news also.

I guess they don't know what to do now that the last Kennedy is no longer with us.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It's find and dandy for abc to run a free pro-health care infomercial for the president? What we are really seeing is where the loyalties of the media lie! [pun intended] Why not air it if it's false and then prove the ad wrong! But no you can't dissent from the party lines!!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Wildbob77

Let the stations make their decisions and ultimately the viewers will let them know if they made the right choice or not.

If someone gets there news only from ABC or NBC. Which a lot of people probably do. How would they know they have denied them access to something? Therefore they wouldn't have any idea they should find a different news source. Preferably no TV news at all.

I think the stations should be able to air whatever they choose and let the viewers decide. I just worry there are a lot of people living in ignorance through no fault of there own. They truly feel they are given an unbiased point of view because the real bias comes from what their not told, not from what they are.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Sestias

If the add is not correct, then this article shouldn't have made it to any news service.

I haven't seen the ad or even tried to fact check it.

It shouldn't have made it to any news service, but it has. The networks and other news outlets have become very politicized in recent years. The tradition of rigorously accurate reporting has been a casualty of the corporate ownership of the media and the practice of bending to the wishes of advertisers.

There are laws requiring truth in advertising, but they have proven to be rather easy to circumvent.

This ad, inaccurate and misleading as I think it is, is nevertheless being run on Fox and CBS. That is their decision.

But since the ad isn't exactly being suppressed I see no reason why the other networks should be forced to air it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Not to start an argument, but what does the ad say that is factually wrong.

I haven't seen the add.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I say cheers for ABC and NBC!!!!

If Obama's health care package is sooooooo great, then why is it Obama and all his Washington cronies will be exempt from being on the plan themselves? Why? Because it sucks and they know it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rocknroll

The ad is opposed to the Obama care initiative.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

reply to post by rocknroll

The ad is opposed to the Obama care initiative.

Okay....so it's been a long day.
Well, hey, I'm not at all surprised NOW (thanks for the enlightenment).
Corporate media pigs sucking up to TPTB. I guess that will never change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join