It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Calculator Predicts Your Odds of Kicking the Bucket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Death Calculator Predicts Your Odds of Kicking the Bucket

www.foxnews.com

A new web site claims to give the odds on you dying next year, or for whatever period you select, based on a few simple questions.

The site, DeathRiskRankings.com, is the brainchild of researchers and students at Carnegie Mellon University. It provides answers based on publicly available data from the United States and Europe, comparing mortality risks by gender, age, cause of death and geographic region. Put your info in, and it produces the probable causes of your demise and provides insight on the timing of that unfortunate event.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think it's about time we all find out if we are going to die. What do you say?! Who's with me!

Of course don't do it if you think it will scare you.

Fascinating isnt it? How obsessed we are with dying...

The site can compare such things as the odds of death next year by breast cancer for, say, a 54-year-old Pennsylvania woman or her counterpart in the United Kingdom.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I would say the odds of this predictor program being an information/statistical data gathering tool are high enough to doubt its claims. But I'm paranoid and will probably die of it sooner or later. I understand paranoia is contagious.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by Tentickles

But I'm paranoid and will probably die of it sooner or later. I understand paranoia is contagious.

Don't worry I am paranoid as well.

Sometimes I see things other people do not and they just look at me funny when that happens.

As for paranoia killing me? I think it will save me.

new topics

top topics

join