posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:28 PM
This post was inspired by a "sister" post from greeneyes.
I've seen it many times women trying to get through to men and failing miserably. Why do you think that is? On with the post!
1. Men are not emotional creatures. Sure we have emotions but we aren't influenced by them nearly as much. Some are more emotional than others but
most of the time we react in a less emotional manner. This creates conflict because of the apparent lack of caring. It's not that we don't care, its
that we don't get what all the fuss is about. Calmly explaining yourself is always a better solution.
2. Men take things literally. If you say don't buy me a present, to us that doesn't mean buy you a present. If you say you don't care (even if you
do) it means you don't care to us. Say what you mean for the love of god.
3. Men need more alone time than women or we go clinically insane. For some it's a trip to the garage to work on the truck / car. For others it's a
good video game or sports match. Don't think this means we don't like being around you. Many times some of us need a few hours by ourselves. Don't
worry your pretty little head you will see him again!
4. Men communicate differently than women. We are more straight forward with the way they say things. We may say something we mean one way and women
throw it all out of proportion. (this has happened to many a guy)
For example: You ask how you look and we respond with, "just fine". A woman then replies with, "only fine?(in a annoyed manner)". Then we say,
"no you look good". Then you say, "but you just said I only look fine which is it." This could go on for a long time...
In this situation "Fine" was a suitable answer. To a woman it is an insult. See the clash? Hopefully one day women will figure out that your men
think you are beautiful no matter what you're wearing.
This is one example. This thread would be far too long if I where to name the others so I hope you understand the point on a larger scale.
5. We don't like being talked down to, which is actually the biggest reason we cheat. Disrespect of males is pretty common. Some women think they can
treat their man however they want with no consequences. Some women don't even realize they are doing it. If you talk down to your man constantly (and
yell at him on a consistent basis), there is a good chance he thinks about leaving you or screwing around on you more than 4 times a day. Be nice to
him and have respect for him, he will love you forever. Remember he is a person too, with his own mind, his own thoughts, his own wants.
6. Men don't like when women make everything about them all the time. They like to be included in things and feel emasculated otherwise. (for another
definition of emasculation please see #5) If he comes home and starts talking about how *snip* his day was, don't chime in and one up him. We hate
that. This is one time a man will think you don't give a (snip).
7. Most of us leave socks on the floor, deal with it.
8. For some reason we feel the need to release methane into the air on a fairly regular basis. I'm sorry, you have no choice, get used to it.
9. Men must have time to do manly things. For some it's hunting or fishing while for others it could be a jam session or bowling league.
10. Men get drawn into things. If you talk to your man while he is focused on something and he doesn't respond stay calm, it's just how we are. Why
not try walking up to him and putting your hand on his shoulder to get his attention. It will work.
11. Men sometimes don't understand why you are mad at them. This is normal, when they ask you whats wrong tell them wtf is wrong. Quit avoiding the
subject! It will get you no where and will have no impact on us.... at all... not in the slightest...... You're just going to piss us off and then
escalate the fight to a level it never should have gotten to in the first place.
12. Men are not your slaves. If you think or act different we will not like it very much.
Here is a good way of going about this. We all know what a honey do list is. If you are going to tell him to get something, when he gets back don't
tell him to get another thing. Don't wait 20 mins and then get him up again. Get it yourself or ask him to grab everything the first time! If you
want your body spray and a tissue don't make them 2 separate tasks, combine them. We will be happy that we don't have to get up every 3 seconds to
get you something. (doesn't apply to pregnant women, but combining tasks is still good advice)
13. Men tend to like different certain subjects than women. For some men like science, women don't. For some the difference is books, or movies,
politics, religion. When your man starts talking about a subject you don't like, listen to him anyway. We listen to you when you talk about the color
curtains you want to put up so please listen to us if we want to talk about the fleecing of America. It will all be over soon and he will feel a sense
14. Some men like video games. Some games are online and cannot be paused. If you want him to do something at least let him get to a good stopping
point. Sometimes this may take 20 mins or so to achieve. He will find that stopping point and get you whatever you need. (most of the time, again all
men are different) Please remember number 10 here.
15. Men don't think every little thing is the end of the world, neither should you.
16. The man is in charge of the remote and don't forget it. He will let you watch something if you want to, but the remote doesn't leave his
17. Some men like to wrestle around with you. They really don't mean to hurt you, they probably didn't realize they where pushing or pulling too
hard. Let them know but please don't get mad for it. You where having fun before it happened.
18. The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach, but some sexy underwear couldn't hurt.
What I mean by that is when you go out of your way to look super sexy for him he feels really appreciated... (he also feels something else )
19. Remember when I talked about space, yeah well don't forget to let him out of the house every now and again. If he wants to go to the bar, let
him. Sure hire spys, do whatever you got to do but give him a night out.
20. Many men cheat, many are one woman men. The ratio in the population depends on where you are of course, but the good guys that are faithful do
exist. You've probably already met a few.
Remember that guy that had the biggest crush on you throughout the duration of your lives but you put him in the friend zone? You know the guy that
put you on a pedestal and is so madly in love with you that he would do anything for you but you again put him in the friend zone? Yeah big mistake!
Those aren't the only ones like that though, some of us wouldn't cheat ever.
21. Your current man is not your ex boyfriend don't compare them. Men will get extremely angry because some other guy ruined you for men everywhere.
Don't be ruined, everyone is different.
22. My personal favorite. Boys need their toys. We love our toys. We cherish our toys and sometimes want to get more toys.
Remember this is a must for all men. For some men it's a truck or a car or a boat or a 4 wheeler or all of the above. For others its a bad ass gaming
computer and all the peripherals. For others it might be their shop with all their power tools or the guy with a particle accelerator in his
basement. Some have small toys and some have big toys but only one constant remains, we need our toys.
Remember I am not claiming to be an expert. These are simply things I've picked up through the world of dating. I've dated many women some worked
out some didn't. Some cheated on me, some didn't. In all of that I've managed to date cheerleaders, stoners, loners, popular girls, unpopular
girls, free spirits, conformists, preppies, rockers, punks, feminists, and bisexuals, bipolars, manic depressives, control freaks, hippies, beotches
and beauties, big girls and little girls, mental issues and no mental issues. I made a few observations along the way.
[edit on 27-8-2009 by DaMod]