It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I still see the flagged threads of mine in my profile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm finding that I have been archiving original topic posts and links to different topics on Microsoft word since I can't seem to find a way to flag them. Can a mod or some user tell me what happened? They used to be right on my profile when I accessed them but now I seem to have some trouble with it... I can't find out how to do it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Do you mean threads YOU have flagged? If so, there is no way I know of to see those anymore.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So there is no real reason to flag threads anymore other than so more people can see them? That's kind of stupid. I liked the feature because I could go on my profile and see the recent threads I've viewed. Now all of these posts will take up space on my hard-drive.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

It is still a great feature because it gives threads that deserve more attention than others the means to get that attention.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
So there is no real reason to flag threads anymore other than so more people can see them? That's kind of stupid.
I think that was the original idea.

I liked the feature because I could go on my profile and see the recent threads I've viewed.
You can subscribe the threads instead, they will show on the "Top 50 Subscriptions (with 30-Day activity)" in myATS and in the "Manage subscriptions" on the member account area.

Not directly directed to you, Frankidealist35, but I have noticed that some people flagged threads to make them appear on the most flagged list so they co easily find them, instead of subscribing or even adding the thread to the Favourites or Bookmarks on their browser, so it looks like people do not see the use of ATS features in the same way the their creators saw them.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well fiddlesticks!!!

Here I've been flagging threads I thought were very interesting to tag them so that I could go back read or reference them easily at a latter time.

bummer.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The point of the FLAGGING system is to bring the topics you, the ATS Membership, believe are important enough to be easily spotted by the millions of people, all over the world, who read our site.

It was never intended to be a convenient tagging system for the individual member.

Armap's suggestion of subscribing to the threads you want to follow is the correct methodology to achieve that purpose.

Springer...

[edit on 8-28-2009 by Springer]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Well fiddlesticks!!!

Here I've been flagging threads I thought were very interesting to tag them so that I could go back read or reference them easily at a latter time.

bummer.

Same here! (new member)

=(

Is there anyway to view more than 3 of the threads I have flagged?

new topics

top topics

join