It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dilating pupils?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I was meditiating a few moments ago, and i had the urge to open my eyes, but remain in a meditative state, so i did. and what i saw, was nothing i have experienced before. all around me, the light was brightening and dimming, over and over, it was amazing!

anybody know much about this? i figured it was my pupils allowing more and less light in due to my state of mind.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by gandhi]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
actually ive never tried that, sound interesting ill give it a go.

Ive had my pupils dilated many times by doctors, Ive never experienced this, only some mild discomfort it bright rooms.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have had the same thing a few times, opening my eyes even after just a while of relaxing and clearing my mind the light in the room appears to strobe or pulse until i move my eyes around a bit.

I just put it down to the fact the muscles in my eyes were still relaxed and my pupils had adjusted to low/no light. So when i opened my eyes they were struggling to re-adjust and control the amount of light passing through. I think its almost like the muscles are still so relaxed they don't react as well as they normally do, its like they over compensate then under compensate repeatedly until you move your eyes around a little bit and wake them back up.

Reminds me of when you have sat on your leg for to long, sometimes it is all floppy when you stand up, other times it feels like the muscles all tighten up, except rather than just go one way your eyes alternate between the two.

I naturally have one pupil smaller than the other anyway, not sure if that has any noticeable difference though to my sight.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Either that or when you come back from meditation you brain is so focused you can actually see the 60Hz of the electric network. This doesn't take long to dissipate because your brain quickly adjusts to mask the frequency.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by townio

I know what you mean, I've thought along the same lines before. A very weird thing i have noticed is after meditating for a while i sometimes sit and create psi balls and try to focus on them until i can see them, although i can often see them as milky distortions between my hands, my gf has sat and watched and seen the same distortion and what she described as "oily colours". After a while we both have been able to see distortions from my finger tips when just holding one hand up and focusing.

My personal opinion is that psi is not psychic energy, its magnetic energy, i have read a lot on psi-kinetics and have been able to move headphones on my desk because it seems like the magnets in them are repelling strong enough to move them, with none magnetic objects i have had minimal success. After spending a few hours doing this and staying relaxed it becomes really easy to see distortions around people and even from my dog. Its made me seriously think that it is possible to see things usually invisible after relaxing and almost like tuning in your mind.

Its a very weird thing and i would love to know what other peoples thoughts are on it.

top topics

join