It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stuffing paper in your belly affects you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
as crazy as it sounds i remembered when i was little i was on a buss trip in the mountains,i got really sick of the twisty road,i was really going to throw up.and one granny says "hey boyy stuck a ball of newspaper paper in your belly and you will feel better" so i stuffed a ball of paper in my belly and what the? problem solved,in a minute my sickness goead away,i didnt feel sick for another 1 hour of twisty roads.
im not a lying person,and its strange couse i dont think i can really affect my self with a though "that i will feel better" that much,so i dont throw up.
but cmon,how come stuffing paper blocking the energy way of one of your chakra places makes you better? i though it should be the oposite?and piece of paper what the?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

You put the paper in front of your belly, not inside correct..?

And what happens if you use a tabloid..? I bet you hurl right away...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hi Still Alive,

Your personal experience is very interesting. So... you just wadded up a ball of newspaper and stuck it down in the area of your belly and it kept you from becoming sick? Did you bend over the newspaper? Or, did you just sit up straight when you stuck the newspaper down in front of your belly?

I know that if you feel like you are going to pass out you can put pressure on your forehead and it will keep you from passing out.

Interesting thread, I never heard of newspaper or other paper keeping one from feeling sick.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I dont get it.....you stuck paper in your belly? What does that mean? Did you eat and swallow the paper, or just stick it on your belly? You cant just stick something IN your belly....you would have to swallow it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think he ate a ball of paper. It absorbed the excess acid and neutralized it enough to qualm the pukies.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
no no! i just make a small ball of paper from a newspaper and stuck it in the hole that is my belly,alot of people have holes for a belly instead of...the opposite of a hole.
so just stick it in your belly hole and that was it,the strange thing is why a ball of paper? i understand if it was my hand..with energy or something,but blocking one of your chakra centres with a ball of newspaper wtf O_o
i just squshed the piece of paper until it was a round ball i guess
i was sitting as a normal passenger riding on a buss like before

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

A refreshing thread.

I wish we could fix a lot more than an upset stomach with a ball of paper stuck on our belly, or anywhere else for that matter.

It might have just been a placebo effect, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Feeling any better yet?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
aa man thats just a cure for not puking,u cant expect to fix satan with a ball of paper,even holy water dosnt give a run to this guy

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

At school a kid used to sit on a sheet of sugar paper and this stopped him being travel sick.
I don't know why it works...

[edit on 27-8-2009 by and14263]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I do something similar to people who have the hiccups. I tell them to let me hold their thumb between my finger and thumb. So far this has worked on everyone I have done it to. The reason it works (I was told) is the power of suggestion and also that your brain is so busy trying to figure out why I'm holding your thumb that it essentially "forgets" that you have the hiccups and they go away. Once you explain to someone why this works, it doesn't seem to work on them again. I would assume that the ball of paper thing is a similar trick on your brain. Your brain is so busy trying to figure out how this works that it "forgets" that you are feeling sick.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's called 'The Placebo Effect'

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You're belly hole? What the hell is that? Is English your first language? Because it is called a belly button, not a belly hole. lmao, ive never heard anyone say that before.....

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
nope it isnt,im from bulgaria,strengly when i started talking to a real english speaking guy,i started to talk worse ):
i meant to say that some bellys are..holes
and some are the..oposite,but most people here atleast theyr bellys are inside..holes

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I think he means his belly button.

I'm going with the placebo effect theory someone mentioned in an earlier post.

Now if you ate it then I could possibly see how this would help as it could possibly absorb stomach acids.

Although you might want to try a tums antacid, it would probably work better.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

you probably misheard; you're supposed to breathe in a paper bag...but whatever works, right?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I think you mean some have innies and some have outies.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
yea innies and outies,am o i forgot about the paper bag thing.
but i still wonder,why some people have innies and some outies? how come the doctor desides how to cut you?
does it have some impact on your chakras?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
You're belly hole? What the hell is that? Is English your first language? Because it is called a belly button, not a belly hole. lmao, ive never heard anyone say that before.....

Having trouble reading people's locations?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
When my stomach gets upset I always lie flat on my back and prop my legs up in the air with a couple of pillows.

Do you think it's the same thing? It always makes my stomach aches go away, but I cant think of any anatomical reason why that would actually have an effect...?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
maybe blood flow going up to the head?
they make me lie like that when the doctor takes blood from me,i usualy feel very scared and dizzy and lieing down with legs up helps for me

new topics

top topics

join