It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops believe 1991 kidnap victim found alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Cops believe 1991 kidnap victim found alive

news.yahoo.com

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Sheriff's officials said Thursday they believe a woman who walked into a police station had been kidnapped as an 11-year-old in 1991 outside her South Lake Tahoe home. Two people were arrested on suspicion of kidnapping.

The woman came into a San Francisco Bay area police station and said she was Jaycee Lee Dugard, a blond, ponytailed girl when she was abducted as she headed to a school bus stop 18 years ago, said sheriff's Lt. Les Lovell of the El Dorado Sheriff's Department.

"We're 99 percent sure it's her," Lovell said. He said DNA tests were being conduc
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I can not wait to find out where she has been and if it is really her.Where could she have been and how did she finally get away after 18 years. Goes anyone have any Ideas or more info. I live in Florida and do not remember hearing about it but I do hope it is really the girl and not someone playing a sick joke on these people I am sure the last eighteen years has been tough enough for them .

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The video says the family is convinced it's her so maybe it is. This is very strange indeed.

Do you think maybe she didn't want to come home until now ? There's no telling what her kidnappers told her about her family. I'm interested in hearing the rest of this story as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If true this is amazing. It is like the boys here in Missouri that were taken and later returned to their families.

One was missing for years.
www.foxnews.com...

As a parent I would seriously consider taking such a kidnapper to a secluded location where they would spend their remaining years in a great amount of pain.

Raist

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is sad.

Often we see the "Victim" get so well indoctrinated into their situation that they sometimes forget how they got there in the first place. Until something compels them to escape.

Stockholm Syndrome

The Stockholm Syndrome is a psychological shift that occurs in captives when they are threatened gravely but shown acts of kindness by their captors. Captives who exhibit the syndrome tend to sympathize with and think highly of their captors, at times believing that the captors are showing them favor stemming from inherent kindness. Such captives fail to recognize that their captors' choices are essentially self-serving. When subjected to prolonged captivity, these captives can develop a strong bond with their captors, in some cases including a sexual interest.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
When I was around ten a boy living near my area and the same age as me was taken. I sometimes think that Jacob Wetterling is alive and well. I came to this thread thinking maybe... I think that was in 1988/89.?

Those who take children are the lowest of low.

-anyone

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I find this very interesting. My question is what has she been doing all these years? Why did she turn herself in? Did she suddenly realize that the people who supposedly were her parents were actually kidnappers? She is pretty old now, (29 yrs) one would think she would have realized these weren’t her true parents with all the media attention this received earlier, like when she was in her late teens?

Why now did she turn herself in?

This just in: "She sounds like she's okay," he said. "She had a conversation with my wife and she remembers things. I hope she's been well treated this entire 18 years."
Probyn also told ABC News that Jaycee now has two children of her own.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
As I was reading this story earlier I couldn't help think about that Tom Arnold movie "Gardens of the night". Its about two guys who kidnap some girl thats about the same exact age and raise her as a prostitute. It's was a good movie, almost unbelievable how similar it is to this real life situation.

Much like this story she ends up returning to her family after years on the streets. In the movie the way the kidnappers were able to keep the girl for all those years with out her leaving or telling anyone was they would tell her that her parents gave them to them b/c they didn't want her anymore. They would act out fake phone calls to her parents with her sitting right there listening thinking it was really them talking to the kidnappers. Very sad.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please use the search feature before creating threads!

top topics

join