It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Blame the Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If there is anyone out there that doesn't know this, this is the best visual presentation
.... Now don't be mad at old people, just remember who did this.......

Franklin Delano. Roosevelt
32nd. President, Democrat
Terms of Office March 4, 1933, to April 12, 1945
GO TO HERE !
Our Social Security
Franklin Delano Roosevelt (Terms of Office March 4, 1933, to April 12, 1945), a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program.. He Promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be Completely voluntary,
2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual Incomes into the Program,
3.) That the money the participants elected to put Into the Program would be deductible from Their income for tax purposes each year,
4.) That the money the participants put into the Independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the General operating fund, and therefore, would Only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and
5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.
Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxedon 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'Put Away' -- you may be interested in the following:

----------THEN---------------------------------------------------

Dwight David Eisenhower
34th. President, Republican,
Term Of Office: January 20, 1953 to January 20, 1961
Insert by Vincent Peter Render,

If I recall correctly, 1958 is the first year that Congress, not President Eisenhower, voted to remove funds from Social Security and put it into the General Fund for Congress to spend.
If I recall correctly, it was a democratically controlled Congress.
From what I understand, Congress logic at that time was that there was so much money in Social Security Fund that it would never run out / be used up for the purpose it was intended / set aside for.

-------------WORSE STILL------------------------------------------------

Lyndon Baines Johnson 36th. President,Democrat
Term Of Office: November 22, 1963 to January 20, 1969

Question: Which Political Party took Social Security from the Independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the General Fund so that Congress could spend it?

Answer: It was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democrat,Term of Office: November 22,1963 to January 20, 1969) and the democratically Controlled House and Senate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Question: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax Deduction for Social Security
(FICA) withholding?
Answer: The Democratic Party.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

William Jefferson Clinton
(Bill Clinton)
42nd. President
Democrat Term of Office: January 20, 1993 to January 20, 2001

Albert Arnold Gore, Jr.
(Al Gore)
45th. Vice President

Democrat Term of Office: January 20, 1993 to January 20, 2001

Question: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?
Answer: The Democratic Party, with Albert Arnold Gore, Jr. (Al Gore) [Vice President Term of Office: January 10, 1993 to January 20, 2001] casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US ..

------------------THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK !!-------------------------------------------------

James Earl Carter, Jr
(Jimmy Carter)
39th President, Democrat
Term of Office: January 20, 1977 to January 20, 1981

Question: Which Political Party decided to start giving Annuitypayments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

ANSWER: That's right! JAMES EARL CARTER, JR. (JIMMY CARTER) (DEMOCRAT, TERM OF OFFICE: JANUARY 20, 1977 TO JANUARY 20, 1981 AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.
IMMIGRANTS MOVED INTO THIS COUNTRY, AND AT AGE 65, BEGAN TO RECEIVE SOCIAL SECURITY PAYMENTS: THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY GAVE THESE PAYMENTS TO THEM, EVEN THOUGH THEY NEVER PAID A DIME INTO IT!

Have you ever seen a Jack-ass eating briers...!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas Jefferson
3rd. President, Democrat
Term of Office: January 20, 1777 to January 20, 1781

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Like This

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Democratic Health Care Bill Divulges IRS Tax Data

Anyone who thinks the government can get into the healthcare business and will not try to force people to join their programs and/or live their lives a certain way (ie weight, smoking, alcohol, sugar etc)is a fool. Most people will be forced into the government run program by default; through a change in their current policy or a job change.

Medicare, Medicade, VA hospitals, the DMV (state run), the IRS, SSI, USPS, Schools (city/state), are all bloated government run agencies/programs with miles of red tape, bad attitudes and out of control budgets. Boy, I can't wait for more of that!

40-50 million new people, 20 million plus that do not belong here, thrown into the healtcare system? Where do you think everyone will go? (They will go to your doctor and make it even harder for you to get in to see them.) Who will take all these new people as patients? (I am not sure who will take all these people but I am sure we don't have enough to support this.) How will the number of qualified doctors and nurses possiblly provide care for all these new people and still maintain the great care you already get? (it can't happen unless we lower standards and expectation of our doctors and nurses)What's going to happen to R&D in medicine when people are essentially working as government employees? (the world will suffer without the US leading the way here) What's going to happen when you drive away the smartest and best candidates to be doctors away from medicine? (they will become lawyers..HA)

What the system really needs is tort reform. It needs more local help for families that are hurting (I would rather donate to a local family that needs help than be told by my government that I have to donate). Move away from these stupid "Ted Kennedy" HMO policies that waste time and money with unnecessary appointments. Offer people catastrophic insurance policies that cover them for cancer, seriuos bodily injury etc and let me pay for the occasional office visit or prescriptions out of my own pocket. Eliminate the need for duplicate coverages (I pay health insurance in case I get injured, car insurance incase I get injured, disabilty insurance incase I get injured and my employer pays workers comp incase I get injured..why?)
I agree, the system is not perfect but it is the best in the world and we ceratinly do not need the government getting into this! Let's tweak this not overhaul it.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by drummerroy39]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think tweaking is what Bush did and look where that got us. Government ran programs allways fail due to the government itself. The Democrates create something Republicans destroy it. Republicans create something the Democrates destroy it. The tweaking they do to the opposition parties creation is under fund it and dismantle it until it serves no use but taxation and propaganda for the next campaign. All in the names of there party and not in the good for the people. We the people are not even part of the process anymore were just bystanders who foot the bill for partisan wars.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Change is only going to happen when you stop blaming others and start taking responsibility for everything that happens to you and to your fellow man.

If you have the incredible urge to blame someone blame yourself for being ignorant and complacent all the time. Throwing names around will do nothing, other names will come to distract you again. And then you'll be throwing other names around just waiting for more names to come and that way you are never really going anywhere, just being lazy and complaining about your own laziness.

All these parties are just puppets of the same puppeteer, don't you get it? By segregating the people and filling their minds with ideas of "opposite faction" you distract them from the real happenings and have your goals accomplished without anyone even thinking of interrupting because they are too worried about the "others" that are competing against them to get in power. Power is already taken and has always been in the hand of the same group. Stop playing the puppet. Stop being amused by your own suffering. Look behind the scenes.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by drummerroy39

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

Bush wanted everybodies Social Security put into the stock market and when it crashed under his watch all that money would have been gone.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

It's my opinion that both Democrats and Republicans answer to a higher power, so regardless of which "party" you belong to, you're being scammed.

video.google.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Bush wanted everybodies Social Security put into the stock market

Was it all or just a percentage of the FICA they pay into the system?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

How many Republicans voted along with the Democrats in all of these changes?

I just find it hard to believe that Democrats did it all by themselves.

Enough blame to go around for everybody.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
www.federalbudget.com...

Each year since 1969, Congress has spent more money than its income.

WHo was president at that time RICHARD M. NIXON 1969-1974.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

This is not the change people had in mind. His numbers are telling the real truth, he's going down in flames. He is his own worst enemy. This Congress is the worst in all of American history. Deal with it accept it and wrap your mind around the fact that if allowed to continue, this country will be nothing more than a third world crap hole.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Democrats... Republicans... Two sides of the same evil coin.

Democrats and Republicans have only one agenda, and if you look closely, they both have the same agenda. In case you've been in a coma for the last 50 years, that agenda is to divide the American people.

And they've done a good job too. We're so consumed by red vs blue that we can never achieve a common ground with our fellow Americans. We're so concerned with battling the "other side" that we've forgotten that the only "sides" are us and them. They are supposed to do OUR bidding, yet we allow them to simply tell us they know what's best for us better than we do, and do whatever they want anyway.

Look at it this way, if Americans really had representation (as we assuredly have taxation), none of the bailouts would have passed, GM would have died as it should have, and maybe we could get health care reform that would actually reform health care.

Democrat and Republican are both spelled p-o-l-i-t-i-c-i-a-n.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

What? What the hell are you talking about? You sound greedy, that gives me the nerves.

I lived almost my entire life in a "third world crap hole" and I'll tell you its WAY more life-fulfilling then your "SUPER FIRST WORLD GOD-NATION".

Geez, it must be fun being a puppet cause you guys just don't give up on it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Dude, Did you even read the post you are replying to.

He meant you can't just blame the Democrats for anything, Repubs and Dems both work for your votes but then when they get back to Capitol Hill it's a whole different story. I don't think your on the right forum, if you want to fool peopl into the Dems being all of the problem then go find a forum where Denying Ignorance isn't the motto, because you aren't going to get far here.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Bush wanted everybodies Social Security put into the stock market and when it crashed under his watch all that money would have been gone.

Thats not true!!!

that money would not be gone... it would have been earned by those who had the ability to leverage it back!

new topics

top topics

join