It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New..and not so new member here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
First off, greetings and respect to all here on ATS.

I am a long time reader, but first time poster. I have spent the last few years here on ATS purely as an observer, soaking up all the knowledge that one can from the outside. I would like first and foremost to thank you all for your countless posts, beliefs, thoughts and most importantly, research. It has allowed me to form a base of knowledge on a multitude of subjects that would have otherwise taken a lifetime of independent study. Your links, citing of sources and demeanor in denying ignorance has truly uplifted myself, and is appreciated more than mere words can express. Whether or not I agree or see eye-to-eye with everyone on these boards is far from important, for every post here has served a purpose. It is through even the negative and condescending remarks that one can find their own truth, develop patience and understand the difficulties in communication, of which there are many when regarding the type of material up for discussion.

I have finally taken the first step in becoming a proactive member here, feeling confident that I have gathered enough information to share my thoughts on the countless subjects at hand. More importantly, I feel confident that my natural understanding, empathy and sincere interest can now be displayed in a way that is helpful, uplifting and able to advance discussions and provoke deep thought. So thank you again to you all and I look forward to our future conversations and endeavors together.

A bit of personal information (in-case anyone is interested in my background)

I am 25 years old and a native Virginian. I am currently enrolled at Virginia Commonwealth University after many years of hard manual labor and otherwise finding who I am and what I would like to accomplish in life. My course of study is that of World Studies with a focus in International Institutions and Globalization. I am also majoring in International Studies with a focus in Latin America. Minors are in Spanish and Criminal Justice. If there is anything else that someone would like to know about me in the course of my continued posting please do ask. It is in understanding each other, and the factors that lead to our development that we can truly gain insight into one another's point of view.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Let me be the first to welcome you to the boards. Glad you have decided to join us. I was also a reader for a few years before I decided to join. Can I ask what your main interests on these boards are?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Welcome to the world of ATS!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Thanks for the warm welcome to both of you. My main interests are probably in the spiritual realm. But I have yet to come across a board that was not full of subjects that interested me. I honestly like to spread my time across the full spectrum. Conspiracies are often crazy and far fetched, but important to read none-the-less. The E.T./UFO discussions are always great and the political realm, as much hatred as I hold towards it, is equally enthralling. So to answer your question of which subject(s) I'm geared towards the only honest answer I can give you is ALL of them!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VirginiaGreen

My first word of advice when posting, do not fall trap to the debunkers. They think they know all and will do anything to make you angry. If you believe something then stick to it and ignore the ones who throw random insults and have no way to back up their claims.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Ahhh yes, that is one thing I have been witness to while in observance. So many posts ruined, sidetracked, etc. by arguments from debunkers. While I am certainly appreciative of their existence, some take it overboard, seemingly to bring forth anger from posters. Thanks for the warning, but no worries there, as everyone is entitled to their opinion, and anyone that attempts to debunk anything I say is welcome, and anyone that reverts to childish name calling or antagonizing has proven their point is as invalid as the OP's.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
By all means. If someone can bring forth a reasonable discussion and provide evidence to the contrary without hostility, and simple for the fact of collaboration and seeing other sides of the coin, then debate it. A friendly debate is what keeps us all informed. It's when insults start flying that you need to step back and start ignoring things,

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yes, Welcome. Your first flag I guess to You.

I'm sure You'll add a lot to the community

new topics

top topics

join