It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The revolution meter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So the officials have a threat level meter, why don't we have one for the average person?

The idea is that when your outraged about your liberties being trampled, stolen and abused by the powers that be, post the meter in a thread to reflect your feelings.

so voila...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fbe51a685fba.png[/atsimg]
Excuse my amateur photoshop skills

Pass it around, edit it, share it

Here's some wisdom

And another...
American Militia Leader James Johnson Speaks to Senate

[edit on 27-8-2009 by warrenb]

CX

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Lol that is cool.....i don't think it will be out of the red for a very long time though.

You need a level for when people actualy do something about it.

CX.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Good point!

ok updated

CX

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Lol great.....love the colour of when it all happens.

CX.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i would like to see a revolution as much as the next person but there are many different reasons people want oneand i have to say i dont really agree with alot of the conservitive hype.i like to think of myself as an independent with an open mind but where was all this ranting and raving when bush was in office? i mean if there was EVER a time to revolt it should have been when bush was taking away all of are privacy.i admire the spunk of the right wing but if were truly going to do this it has to be a bipartisan and untified front or it will never work.say we win and overthrow the current government at this point there will be a bunch of different groups who will try to pursue there own agenda. we would end up having a civil war right after the revolution. if were going to do this we HAVE to be unified or else well end up like so many third world countries who have a change of government every other day. dont get me wrong im all for it but we need to stop fighting with eachother and work out the governing details before we go through with this. lets start by eliminating all seperate parties of government and have one strong united party. its the first step to coming together under one cause.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, I'm revolting.

I'm short-selling my house, and if that doesn't work, I'm just walking away. It pisses me off, here in Arizona, our home prices are plummeting to half of what they were when we bought them, and instead of doing something to stabilize home prices (such as bailing out the homeowners, or doing mortgage debt forgiveness), the government giving out billions of dollars for new cars and new refrigerators!!! WTF???

Well, even though I have always had perfect credit, I decided.....screw this. If the banks can get away with screwing those of us who were responsible and took out good loans at prices and rates we could afford.....and the government does nothing to help those of us in the middle class who were responsible but are now losing all the value of our homes...then why should I stay and keep paying off hundreds of thousands of dollars on a house that is now worth half of what I paid for it 3 yeas ago?

I'll tell you this now, Arizona is going to become a "financial disaster area" within a year.

It's the only way I can revolt....by getting up and walking away from my debt. They screwed me....so I have no qualms about screwing them now. Boy, have I changed these last few years. I never would have considered walking away from a loan before. At least they have the house for collateral, and Arizona is a non-recourse state, which means they cannot come after me for the deficiency.

The values of the homes in my neighborhood are now HALF of what they were a few years ago. Foreclosures are now starting to pop up all over the area, and lots of businesses are empty now, too.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Sorry to hear about your situation.

I saw a program on Arizona and how us Canadians are flocking down there and buying up these properties.

Million dollar homes for a couple of hundred thousand. If I had the money I'd buy one. If things turn around there will be a few people who are going to make a boat load of dough.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I'm starting to lose track of who all the enemy is now. If I revolt it would be hard to know who else is on my side. Odd times we live in.

If I started to name all the groups that might have a grudge against me I don't know if I could include them all. So, who is who in the revolution?

Someone must have started a thread on that already.

I am [edit for TMI]

Who exactly is my enemy again?

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DazE777

I wouldn't take my Canadian dollars and use them to buy property next door to a failed narco-state. My brother-in-law has a couple lots with electric hook-ups for his camper down by Yuma, and likes to go there for the winter. My sister won't go there anymore. I wouldn't spend one night down there. The drug wars are too close for comfort!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Big government and it's propaganda machine, the MSM.

At least that is where I will be channeling my outrage.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

They are organized and powerful like a hill of red ants. They own the power and the information.

I can only hope when the time comes that I am able recognize the friendlies.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I like your revolution meter. I was always kinda partial to this one, myself.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3959e54cf90b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I guess I will have to figure out how to paint my Avatar sign red now........so much to do so little time. I was still re-loading another 25,000 rounds for my .50 cal.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Warren,
You know, sometimes it's goofy things like this that gets one thinking.

Conservative, Libral, what's the difference in the end?
The difference is the Fed. Res.
The difference is the waste, and abuse.

Here is another way to look at it.

If the Libs let the Conservatives clean house first. Get the Govt. back to the strick Constitution. There would be plenty of tax funds to do things like Healthcare the right way.
Of course this would only apply to people that agree that the Govt. needs to go. Start fresh. Make deals. Make everyone a little less stressed, a little more happy.

As a tight wad, um, I mean Conservative, I would like to have free health care and education. But, a lot of the other BS has got to go.
Except for protecting our country, our boarders and actually enforcing laws of commerce. The National Govt. should not be allowed to do anything.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I guess that is as close as I get to a "Can't we all just get along?!!?" moment.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
I guess I will have to figure out how to paint my Avatar sign red now........so much to do so little time. I was still re-loading another 25,000 rounds for my .50 cal.

Thanks Warren! How's it look on me........???

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by warrenb

I'm starting to lose track of who all the enemy is now. If I revolt it would be hard to know who else is on my side. Odd times we live in.

If I started to name all the groups that might have a grudge against me I don't know if I could include them all. So, who is who in the revolution?

Someone must have started a thread on that already.

I am [edit for TMI]

Who exactly is my enemy again?

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Hazelnut]

We're gonna need some hats. That way we can tell everyone apart.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2228510476b7.jpg[/atsimg]

I think it would really help.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Hey the red suits ya

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This one cracked me up.

Sometimes you just got to vent.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Warren,
You know, sometimes it's goofy things like this that gets one thinking.

Conservative, Libral, what's the difference in the end?
The difference is the Fed. Res.
The difference is the waste, and abuse.

Here is another way to look at it.

If the Libs let the Conservatives clean house first. Get the Govt. back to the strick Constitution. There would be plenty of tax funds to do things like Healthcare the right way.
Of course this would only apply to people that agree that the Govt. needs to go. Start fresh. Make deals. Make everyone a little less stressed, a little more happy.

As a tight wad, um, I mean Conservative, I would like to have free health care and education. But, a lot of the other BS has got to go.
Except for protecting our country, our boarders and actually enforcing laws of commerce. The National Govt. should not be allowed to do anything.

Seems pretty liberal to me!!! So You are saying that people like me whom couldn't afford college but had to work hard there whole life should pay more taxes so others can go to college. Hey what ever happened to justice or doing the right thing? This doesn't seem right to me in the least. Here is a idea get rid of the unconstitutional taxes and allow the middle class to send their own kids to school.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join