It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news and Monsanto

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There's a film called "The World According to Monsanto", great documentary. Monsanto as a company is completely sketchy, they use strong arm tactics to force farmers to use only their products. Let's not forget whom Obama appointed Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack, the former governor of Iowa, with very close ties to Monsanto.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The greedy elite in the US must be stopped open your eyes.

This is rather a sweeping statement that becuase one company has made mistakes, all companies across the board are the problem.

The market for food is there, and methods for increasing production will be tried. The only reason higher yields are sought by farmers is to counter low prices. Maybe farmers would be better off with low yields provided everyone is restricted from using chemicals. As long as the people realize food prices will go up and yields will go down with less chemicals being used, then go ahead and ban production of chemical compounds deemed dangerous by science, not rumor.

I don't think anyone has a problem with bad stuff being prevented from being marketed by the proper authority and science.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

So, a bunch of people who are disgruntled that their documentary was not shown make a youtube video. Why should I believe them?

And if their message is not getting out on other news channels, then I guess all the news channels are in the tank for Monsanto.

Nah. B.S. by losers.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
United Nations Agenda 21st Century

Will you people get it already !!!!

Thanks !!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
My opinion of Monsanto is they are definitely one of the most evil companys in the world I'd rate them worse than the tobacco companys I could go into the reasons but at this stage everyone already knows.

Just the simple fact that they are allowed to patent life of any form shows just how much lobbyists are messing up the world they seem to be getting their way at every turn and it's the normal guy who always suffers all in the name of profit.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

I agree.

This proves Monsanto is evil: A few years back, a farmer got sued by Monsanto. Why? Because in his field, a Monsanto seed from a neighbor's field blew onto the farmer's land, and started to grow. Monsanto sued because the farmer did not pay the licensing fee to grow their "patented" seeds.

That is PURE evil. The farmer didn't ask for the GM seed to grow in his field (and pollute his crop!). He didn't even know it was growing there.

When a man does nothing, and can get sued by a company because of the nature of how plants grow (seeds blow in the wind, duh!), then we can be sure evil has landed on this planet.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

Just the simple fact that they are allowed to patent life of any form shows just how much lobbyists are messing up the world they seem to be getting their way at every turn and it's the normal guy who always suffers all in the name of profit.

Yea the patent issue dosent make sense to me. Its strange that drug companies cant patent natural remedies so I dont see how this company can do it by palcing a patent on a plant. So drug companies cant patent any natural cures cause its derived from a natural source but Monsanto can patent a plant?? Really weird to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Anyone know where to find info on food that is Safe???????

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If you want to eat safe food go to the less developed countries that aren't influenced by the US, which are very few.

When I was younger I wanted to go to the states to live there,
everything seemed that is perfect but now with every news like that Im
happy that I didn't went.
That is just one of the many examples that shows that the United States is a big corporation and the people( workers) are expendable.
The sad thing is that they are going to sell their crap now here.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
More than tangentially relevant.... CODEX ALIMENTARIUM .....

Monsanto, Dow Chemical, IG Farben.... the list of 'players' is frightening, and THEIR agenda is DIRECTLY related to BOTH aspects of this embryonic social tragedy. You see, they 'effectively' OWN the media in the first place.

Egad! We're surrounded!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

Why is Fox News #1?
It's the best.
Everybody knows it.
They report. You decide.
Go Fox baby!

Remember the CBS Dan Rather fake document scandal?
ABC infomercial at the White House.
MSNBC is the biggest joke of all.

100% in the tank for Obama.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hi, Monsanto non-fans ! B-)

And, after all the chat that goes on here, DO NOT FORGET
to do some research, with IXQUICK, on " Round-up ready " food ! ! !

We ALL know what are worth:
main stream media,
MSPetrol,
MSTobaco,
MSPharma,
MSSpace stuff,
MSArmament.
MSWhat I may forget. . . B-)

And we should not blame all that on our governments.
They are only the puppets. Almost all the dirty stuff, on earth,
is done by hidden we know who ! ! B-)

And now, go to ["Round-up ready" ], in your IXQUICK search button. . .
You WILL NOT believe your eyes and ears !

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Man...

whenever I talk about this stuff around my friends they just shake their heads and call me an idiot.

How do you deal with that?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I understand you, I give them bits not the whole story, because if you
tell them everything you will overload them thus that equals idiot.
But there are people that are to far gone so don't bother with them.
When I want to talk to my girlfriend about ufos and stuff like that I tell
her only 2-3 sentences once a day and sometimes she takes the bait.

I've noticed that the older generations here are interested more in that
kind of stuff than the new ones.
I think that they dont even want to listen to it is because there arent
any solid evidence about that.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Scary when you think about it, as nothing we eat is probably safe. Corruption it rampant and that includes our food industry.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wow great piece I've read a bit about this before but nothing this conclusive. I wonder what Glenn Beck, the republican patron saint, would have to say about this on the air.
Since he's a fox puppet I'd think he'd tell us he drinks pure bgh every morning and he's doing great lol. This is just ludacris, the # people get away with. outrageous.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Excellent post! Thanks for bringing this to the forefront once again. Too many people don't hear the story behind the story. I am beginning to wonder what IS safe to eat or drink...

You know BH, I know that I can't remove all of it, but due to the recession and fluctuations in cash flow, I tend to cook a lot more at home. I cook anything I can from scratch and use what I believe to be the best ingredients. I'm always on the lookout for something new to try, from Jambalaya to Pizza, from Southern Fried Fish to Quinoa Salads. I never use a mix and like I said, try to use the best ingredients.

I make homemade pies, and breads during the fall and winter, my family even reminds me "About time for your pies isn't it Hunka?"

I don't know if I'm doing myself any more of a favor, but it tastes a heckuva lot better and MAN is it therapeutic!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Many have known about this for some time now....

But wasn't it a local fox affiliate and not the actual fox news cable channel?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
omg a huge faceless coorporation not looking out for the common mans best interest!
NEW AND EXCITING!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
On this website there are some stories for you guys, head on over and check it out !

HR 875 Would Essentially Outlaw Family Farms In The United States
I get a lot of e-mails each day and one today (hi Cheryl!) pointed my attention to HR 875, a bill introduced into the 111th Congress. SO, I went and did something that members of Congress rarely do and actually read the bill.More accurately, I glanced through it which is still more than they ever do. It was introduced by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT 3rd) and, as of this writing, has around 36 co-sponsors including my Congressman, Andre Carson (D-IN 7th). It immediately strikes me as being terribly bad legislation.

Under a heading described as protecting the public health and ensuring the safety of food it creates a “Food Safety Administration” within Health and Human Services. Oddly, it doesn’t just add regulations to the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) which is also under HHS. And don’t we have the USDA as well? The bill applies to all manner of “Food Establishments” and “Food Production Facilities” (note the following excerpt).

(14) FOOD PRODUCTION FACILITY- The term ‘food production facility’ means any farm, ranch, orchard, vineyard, aquaculture facility, or confined animal-feeding operation.

The bill would appear to even cover some fishing boats and potentially your downtown hot dog street vendors. “Transportion” of food also could be covered. In fact, the bill probably would also apply to your family garden since no exemption is apparent.

There is more info on the site, but the main danger here, is the A21, you dont see posters around in your town saying: A21 Here !!
No no, there are sub-branches if you like that is under LA21 (local Agenda 21) which is companies like Monsanto doing what they can to 'mess up' agriculture and getting farms closed down or converted to GMO foods..

That is their way of getting people 'away' from terrytories that is to go back to the 'Nature', as in 'Off-Limits for Humans' ...

It is true, you even see it if you want to !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join