It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news and Monsanto

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
When you watch Fox news the next time consider this.
This is a clip from the confessions of some employees who worked on the
episode "The investigators".

I found this on youtube, when I heard it I was very upset.
How can they do this to their own people.
The people that hide the truth are poisoning their relatives or the worse
their family.
There was another story about Mnosanto about their pesticide that was also
hidden.
Here is another eye opener.

And on their website they say the following: "We help farmers grow yield sustainably so they can be successful, produce healthier foods, better animal feeds and more fiber, while also reducing agriculture's impact on our environment."

Their home page

Another article about geneticly modified soy beans and Glyphosate made by
Monsanto:

In a small town bordering soy farms in the province of Cordoba, the Mothers of Ituzaingo group was formed in response to sudden increases in the local cancer rate. Ituzaingo has 5,000 residents—in 2001 they reported more than 200 cases of cancer and by 2009 that number has jumped to 300. This is 41 times the national average.

Link

Im glad that they are banned form EU.

The greedy elite in the US must be stopped open your eyes.
Check at wikipedia they are accused in the US for false advertising and
Scientific fraud. Link.
Good to know what kind of poisons you are eating.

[edit on 27/8/09 by defiler]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Excellent post! Thanks for bringing this to the forefront once again. Too many people don't hear the story behind the story. I am beginning to wonder what IS safe to eat or drink...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Excellent post

Saw the 2 reporters on utube too... wow... the greed just makes me shake my head..

I guess we should all live with the moto... "Better Living thru Chemistry"

CX

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread, starred and flagged.

I've only watched the first video, and it just confirms even more what everyone has been saying about Fox News for ages now.

Funny thing is, i enjoy watching Fox News.
Yet whenever they are reporting on a story, all that goes through my head is that it's most likely been edited to hell and back.

I trust nothing they say on there now, their contributors are just people who have been bought to say the right things. It amazes me how the news anchors can sit there and make out they are all righteous, they can't sleep too well at night if they have any conceounse at all.

Fox News....unfair and unbalanced.

I wonder if the milk here in the UK is affected by anything like this, i love the stuff and drink a lot of it.

Thanks again.

CX.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

From the first video posted . Fox News/ Monsanto /Growth Hormone story.

"....Appeals Court Judges found that , falsifying news isn`t actually against the law ."

Thats news to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yes I enjoyed to. The reporters are friendly and always smiling.
But I fear that only a few know the real story.
And the busy working people who dont have time to research or arent
informed to begin to research are lied to.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Looks like someone is trying to do something about it:

The U.S. versus Monsanto?
Did a warning shot just fly across Monsanto's bow?

Looks like they're going to go after them with anti-trust busting action.

For one thing, from the standpoint of the safety of genetically modified organisms, something which antitrust enforcement would have little to no bearing on directly, both DuPont and Monsanto are viewed with equal suspicion by activists.

Indirectly, however, the implications of antitrust enforcement could be immense. The long-term health effects of GMOs is a hotly contested issue. But the critical point is that Monsanto's domination of the seed market means that, increasingly, farmers — and, ultimately, consumers — have little choice over what they can plant or what they eat. Breaking up that monopoly power is a crucial step in ensuring that multiple varieties of agriculture can contend for their space in the sun.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Monsanto is evil incarnate. With efforts to patent all food in one way or another, with drives to poison us slowly with genmod, with suits they WIN (!?!) against farmers whose fields are contaminated with Monsanto's pollen...

Evil, evil, evil. You can bet THEy're a cornerstone in the NWO efforts.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

Our problem is that the entertainment industry 'absorbed' the free press. The people who produce the "news" are in the entertainment business... selling advertising opportunities for revenue.

That means that it is easier to hire a pretty/handsome talking head to read off the teleprompter. And the teleprompter TELLS them what to say. Of course, that then became a reason to get people who are very successful at acting "knowledgeable and worthy of respect" but in the end it is an ACT. It was not always so, but as the name of the game became 'celebrity and prestige' (as with politicians) this is what it turned into for better or worse.

Journalism, which is what they want us to believe they practice, is not about 'reporting' what you are told by authorities or celebrities. It's about investigating and reporting facts.

In their model of 'reporting' the facts come from the most convenient and least resource-consuming activity.... mostly press releases from companies, think-tanks, and the government.

But it was never a 'secret', we just allowed them to use the tools of marketing and theater to couch their 'entertainment' as 'unbiased, authoritative, and responsibly vetted news.'

I remind everyone. If it's on TV or the Radio, and sometimes the Internet as well, someone must pay to put it there. If someone is 'paying' to put it there, there must be a return.... and with extremely rare exceptions, that payment is not 'professional' 'altruistic' or 'noble'. I would venture to propose that nearly all of it is for the purpose of profit - and were there no profit, they would not be engaged in the activity at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Not to be a board hog or anything, but yep, we had this thread on Monsanto a while back that got some moderate attention, and includes the full story on this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I was just listening to the Steve Quayle show (egads, not sure about that guy yet), and they were talking about Monsanto's latest atrocity- something to do with the acquisition of certain land to be able to increase their production of Roundup- you know, that grass killing stuff that won't go away and is supposed to just kill the weeds?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Anyone else notice the Fox in an Illuminati Triangle symbol? OH YEA! Evil is all around. Savage is right to call Rupert Murdoch a molech.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yuri Bezmenov said journalists are paid to be mediocre so it is not surprising that these two investigators were fired. By mediocre, he meant to report a story poorly, embellishing facts, leaving some facts out, being biased to screw people's perception of the story up (such as being pro-Israel instead of neutral between Israel and Palestinians), and covering the behinds of bigwigs paying them to shut up. And what is worst is Arianna Huffington made recently a propaganda video about citizen journalism which is terrible because people record incidents, upload it online without actually knowing all the facts. And by citizen journalism, promoting it, one has to ask, "are there any standards in journalism these days? What is real journalism and what is amateurish?"

I ask about the standards because we have notice that a story is reported but how it is reported is left up to the presenters. Say, for instance, FOX reports a story. They usually have a fearmongering agenda behind the way they present the story. They also come off as the more "patriotic, conservative, Christian" type news source. That is just one example. Lastly, I don't like that news channels and some news mags and papers have a political leaning. It's either conservative or liberal, but never simply the facts and them alone.

As for Monsanto, be very afraid because they are trying to monopolize everything in the farming business. And they will.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'll add.... you know what is amazing is that Europe, particularly the UK was always adamant about not importing or using GMO or any other Monsanto crap. I wonder if it is because they knew how poisonous it was being that all the royals and most PTB are in Europe and they don't want to go to one of their fancy restaurants and be poisoned. Something to ponder.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

From the first video posted . Fox News/ Monsanto /Growth Hormone story.

"....Appeals Court Judges found that , falsifying news isn`t actually against the law ."

Thats news to me.

I worked on a high profile case several years ago and was amazed to find how distorted the news reports were/are. I actually called a local paper to ask them to correct a Front Page article, I was told that it is Just A Matter Of Prospective. No it was not a matter of Prospective, it was a matter of Truth.
That was the eye opener for me. I No Longer Trust the Media. I find the truth Myself. And I will always advise anyone to find the truth not to blindly follow what is being said. Not even by me, I want people to educate themselves on whatever the question is.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This needs to be seen by all those Fox lovers out there. Maybe then they will see they are in love with the right wing propaganda machine.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PenandSword
I'll add.... you know what is amazing is that Europe, particularly the UK was always adamant about not importing or using GMO or any other Monsanto crap. I wonder if it is because they knew how poisonous it was being that all the royals and most PTB are in Europe and they don't want to go to one of their fancy restaurants and be poisoned. Something to ponder.

I think that will change when Codex Alimentarius come about.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

Who do you think they should listen to for their news?

Who do you feel in the world of news is not a propaganda machine and is completely unbiased?

What channel would Pappie54 turn to get his unbiased, straight shooting, honest news?

Please, after your last post I really would like to know.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ahhh Monsanto loves us. (sarcasm)

And we wonder why the USA is fat and unhealthy and what feels to be rampant cancers?

When I went organic, as much as possible anyway, such as going organic milk, eggs, and meats, my family started slowly losing weight and becoming healthier.

The interesting thing is, when I first started becoming more conscious of what we were eating, I did not change "how I cooked" nor did we change our exercise levels. All I did was remove the foods that had antibiotics, bovine hormones etc. from our diets. I still used just as much butter, but I used organic butter, I still used just as much cream/milk in my cooking, I just went organic. We still ate the same amount, I still cooked the same, I just went with the foods that were organic.

Everyone in my family started slowly loosing weight and having a bit more energy. I also noticed less "stress" in our family, that we were less likely to be irritable with each other.

When I go to the store, it sometimes feels impossible to buy foods that are not full of harmful chemicals, antibiotics, hormones etc.

And people wonder why Americans are so "fat". It's good for the medical industry you know. Having a fat America that is so stuck on being "skinny".

Thanks for sharing these videos, I plan on sharing them with my family and friends.

Harm None
Peace

edited cause I can't spell sometimes

[edit on 27-8-2009 by amazed]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I looked into Monsanto a while back. I haven't been able to eat anything since without thinking about it. I really wish I had never found this piece of the puzzle.

I guess it's better to know but sometimes ignorance really is bliss. Most of the things this company does is wrong on so many levels it's sickening. They should be shut down right now, this very minute, not allowed to make one more dollar. Of course with the friends they have, it will never happen.

To understand why Monsanto does the things it does you have to understand the big picture. It doesn't make sense if you just look at this company. You've got to tie it all together. If this is the first you've heard of Monsanto.

Keep digging, your mind will be blown pretty soon !!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wow. This is my first time hearing about this. Absolutely sickening. I mean is money really that important to risk the lives of people. Is a piece of (man I want to say a vulgar word right about now) of paper really worth killing people over. I am sick to my stomach about this. And yet our government sits there with its thumb up it arse being bought out. Unreal. Awesome post. Definitely gonna research this more.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join