It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Wins Battle Over How To Interrogate Suspects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I just finished listening to this on NPR. Audio can be heard at the link:

Tim Weiner Interview

The Obama administration is changing the way future interrogations are conducted. Instead of sending terror suspects to the CIA, they'll go to a team led by the FBI. Tim Weiner, author of Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA, says that means the FBI won the battle over how do you interrogate terror suspects. Weiner talks with Steve Inskeep about how the FBI and CIA differ in their approach to interrogations.

The Memos

I think it's important that the FBI will make these decisions based on a methodology known to be humane and successful.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I think it's important that the FBI will make these decisions based on a methodology known to be humane and successful.

Yes, but you and I both know that if that methodology fails and we get hit by terrorists again, the FBI will be heavily scrutinized for being too soft.

Do you think there will be any ill feelings between the FBI and CIA over this decision?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I personally find it rather naive and stupid that they publicise their plans and actions around the world for all to see and hear! I mean everyone can access the internet and television chanells!

Does no one else think its a bit odd...

[edit on 27-8-2009 by The Songwriter]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Do you think there will be any ill feelings between the FBI and CIA over this decision?

I don't think so.

Keep in mind that the State Department told the FBI to back off when they stumbled onto a CIA drug smuggling operation. The CIA is the only organization that holds real power and the FBI knows it.

The FBI is content to be the official neutered US Government house pet. The CIA is the outdoor Pit Bull used for all the official US Government illegal games.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Yes, but you and I both know that if that methodology fails and we get hit by terrorists again, the FBI will be heavily scrutinized for being too soft.

By whom? Of course they will be scrutinized by the torture proponents. But that's not the point. Torture is inhumane and we shouldn't stoop to it.

I think there always are.

new topics

top topics

join