It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity conversion FOR ALL

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by msnevil
Paul spoke to the people of athens on Mars hill in thier own vernacular. Of course, the Greeks got stuck on the "Resurrection of the body" idea and Paul didn't convince many people.

I wonder how Paul would have did if he had a 4 spiritual law tract to help him out?

reply to post by Bombeni

I'm sorry I am not sure which post you are referring back to. Maybe you could explain more?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

No. I meant since the mom is Jew and the kid is Jew, does that mean there are alleles that must be uber dominant on the Jewish gene for the kid to become a jew. *You know, the Darwin stuff.

And besides, Judiaism is a descendant of Zoroastarianism. Musta been a mutation of the offspring somewhere along the way.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by shanerz]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
dupe post

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by nunya13

You are still looking for "the truth" too -- why not let up on others who are doing the same. Some overzealous Christians mean well; but they do no harm by telling a person---who doesn't even believe in Christianity---that they are going to hell unless they repent.

How can you not expect me to take offense when someone has such a horrible view about me--> bound for hell?

There is definitely harm in an "overzealous Christian" suggesting I am not worthy of a peaceful afterlife. And, maybe wrongly, I do feel the need to put those people in their place because people feel the need to verbally express to others that feeling, usually tend treating those they see as being beneath them as exactly that, not worthy of compassion/kindness/respect/love.

I mean, if someone called you an a-hole (WHICH I AM NOT...just using an example) it would be one thing. But if someone starting treating you like didn't deserve their respect because they think that, then that's an entirely different matter. You would tell them to get lost or try to convince them you deserve respect because you most certainly are not an a-hole.

So when someone says I'm bound for hell, well woop-dee-doo. But when they then proceed to suggest I'm not close to God and tell me I need to get with the program, I take offense.

edit to add:

Why does it bother a Christian so much that I'm not Christian to the point of telling me that I need to be one? I don't, I'm where I need to be, God isn't nagging at me through them. They are nagging at me because they don't feel comfortable with the fact that I'm comfortable with my eternal existence even though I'm not Christian.

I KNOW God isn't nagging at me because I KNOW I'm on the right track and where I need to be.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by shanerz

Zoroastarianism is more or less pre islam.

i belive that since fathers dont give birth the only way to be sure that one´s offspring is its prefered religion is by having the mother as the giver of one´s religious faith.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Zoroastarianism is widely accepted as the first monotheistic form of a belief system. Jews, Christians, and Muslims alike are all of the same lineage, the same basic concepts, the same god.

You believe that the offspring's preferred environmentally-acquired belief system is imposed upon by the beliefs of the mother, or even a father for that matter?

So basically, there is no choice in the matter? Not saying other religions don't do this covertly, I'm saying the whole concept sounds dangerous. Especially when the truth of reality is on the line.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shanerz

yupp put the three main streams together and you have the original one that unites them all. heh trinity .... but i guess thats where the tower of babel comes knocking at the doorm for some reason people spoke off the same things but understood it all wrong.

all i know is that it is the mother who transfers the religious "rights" to the child not the father, just as they try to PICTURE in the bible. ( it portreys the birth into the religious belif system )

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It was all for control. The people bought it, and then either each and every other leader ended up believing in it or they continued their uncontested control. The unit of 'unification' spread, so did desire for land, resources, domination. Other lands had to make their people's believe their scripture/prophet was the right one - aka win wars. Otherwise, their people will know the farce for what it is (execept they had another religion to turn to - seems like self-sufficient system. Planned?) and convert or revolt. Hence we get racism, segregation, etc.. It happened after almost every successful conquest campaign and it happened to the church around Enlightenment.

What sucks is most the mass still believes. How far are leaders willing to go in order to maintain their grip? Make sure God's own imparted word wasn't a lie? Some think so. I hope not.

That's just my opinion, though.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
We go on after this life, we have a choice to make on this earth, about who to serve and it is God or Satan.

But a lot of people don't want to make that choice so they just go with a beautiful blue boy who plays flute and parties for all eternity or some other cult.

We can never fully escape satan's lure as this present earth is his to rule, but we can be protected from satan as he works to build his very own kingdom, and that is what hell is, eternity with satan. There are a lot of people who look forward to eternity with satan. If you don't believe satan exists, I can give you some info. that might convince you.

If you accept Christ's redemption power you have nothing to worry about as far as hell goes. God really does love us, more than we can know. He has done everything in His power to show us that.

Yeah, my personal fave was by him drowning everyone, way to show love bible god! all those little children deserved to die!! die little children die!!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

"Yeah, my personal fave was by him drowning everyone, way to show love bible god! all those little children deserved to die!! die little children die!!"

Really? That's cool. My personal fave is the good ol' fashion racism and sexism of dariwn. We can both bend words to mean what we want.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
1.You need to be saved.Romans3:23
"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"
Luke13:3
"I tell you,nay;but,except ye repent,ye shall all likewise perish."
2.You cannot save yourself.Titus3:5
"Not by works of righteousness which we have done,but according to
His mercy He saved us."
3.Jesus has provided for your salvation.John3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that
whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
4.You must accept Jesus for salvation.Acts16:31
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ,and thou shalt be saved."
5.Now is the time to accept Jesus as Saviour.2Cor6:2
"Behold,now is the day of salvation."
6.What to do.Rom10:9
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,and shalt
believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead,yhou shalt
be saved."
Rom10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall
be saved."
7.Will you bow your head and pray this prayer?
Dear God,
I confess that I am a sinner.I do believe that Jesus Christ died for me
to pay my sin debt.I trust Him now and receive Him by faith as my
Saviour.
This is the plan of salvation.You have a right to accept it or not to.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

The only thing I need to be saved from is those who arrogantly think they have all the answers, when all they should have is questions. To think you know the mind of the Divine, when the human mind is incapable of even comprehending It, is mindnumbing!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

The only thing I need to be saved from is those who arrogantly think they have all the answers, when all they should have is questions. To think you know the mind of the Divine, when the human mind is incapable of even comprehending It, is mindnumbing!

Would you please show me where I said that I know the mind of the
Divine? What I wrote, is what every,Bible-believing christian, is suppose
to do.Preach the gospel of our Saviour,Jesus,to the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

With the very first line of your post:

Originally posted by mamabeth
1.You need to be saved.

This statement implies that you know the mind of the Divine, which as I have stated is simply arrogant. Question all, question everything.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Yes sir,that's correct,we all need to be saved.So,what's the problem?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Yes sir,that's correct,we all need to be saved.So,what's the problem?

Refer back to my first reply to you. We have now entered into a circular debate.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I was quoting from a track, that my church hands out,when soul winning.
I'm duty bound,as a christian,to spread the news of the gospel.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_man24
I think it's funny that people don't believe what was written down in a book a couple thousand years ago, but you'll eat up whatever oprah, zeitgeist, evolutionary biologists, new age sprituals, Obama, or Richard Dawkins have to say. Well, maybe not Obama so much anymore.

Seems to me that people just don't want to believe in God. That's fine with me, so long as you realize that everyone is believing what they are told, regardless of who is doing the telling.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by one_man24]

What you say is true, there are many people who believe just as blindly as most religious folks. Ignorance, it seems, is a common human trait, and is not specific to one group, one religion, or one belief system...

The key difference is actually using reason, logic, and weighing what your told, whether you are told it by some clergyman or by an ancient collection of literature or by any of those you mentioned...

People need to learn to make up their own minds and actually think for themselves and search for real truth - instead we are indoctrinated from birth into believing mainly what our parents and peers believe.

I have a major issue with all of these belief systems because the moment I removed the grip of religion from my soul I realized how silly and unfounded almost ALL belief systems are, mainly because beliefs shift and evolve with society and our changing perception. The truth is that religion is inconstant, hence why most religions have numerous denominations and different groups interpret the religion differently.

So in truth we have attempted to form god in our own image rather than searching for the true nature of God (if there is one) in reality itself. Because if God did indeed create the entire Universe shouldn't that be self-evident? It shouldn't take some ancient 1000 plus page fairy tale to prove it. Once we set aside the human perceptions of God we can get a better look at the Universe and perhaps get closer to finding a true higher power...

As for the OP, which seems to have disappeared on my screen

I find the idea of converting everyone repugnant and I can't understand the belief in a God that requires the conversion of every living human to a flawed belief system or else they somehow become deserving of eternal torment...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Which I take to mean that you have the same goal as those of the Islamic extremist movement, one world religion. Well, onward Christian Soldier! But in the battle for my soul, you are fighting an unwinable battle. Give up while you're still behind!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_man24

Edit to add: Btw, most christians don't realize that they can't convert anyone, or convice them of the truth. God can work in the unbeliever, if they open themselves up and receive His invitation. God reveals Himself to us daily through His word, but you can miss the invite if your ears are closed. "He who has ears, let him hear!"

And what God has to say does not spew forth from the mouth of a pastor. You see, that's the fallacy. People think that the answers are laying just beyond that church door.

No. The truth is through study and reflection. Nothing else.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join