It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity conversion FOR ALL

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Again, if you are so darn content and happy: your words below

someone who has a wonderful and happy life who couldn't ask for anything more (like me

why are you bothered by what any of the rest of us are doing?

In fact, if there is a chance you may hold the secret to eternal life in YOUR hands, maybe you should start your own religion.

I said I couldn't ask for anything more, but I certainly could ask for less of some things. I'm sure you know what those things are.

If you had even actually read the post that prompted you to respond to me, you would see that I am upset that certain people who claim to have found Christ and then supposedly become better people have then turned around and alienated everyone around them (not just me) by suggesting they aren't living their life correctly and only THEY know how to do that because a religion told them so.

I think you completely ignored the entire point of the post I am talking about. When a "friend" brings me to tears because I'm supposedly in some sort of collusion with the devil, another who found Christ then proceeded to make my sister's life a living hell, other Christians then tell me I'm not on the right path because it's not THEIR path and then insult me by suggesting that I'm removed from God because of this, and then all some can do is mock me and point out phrases that I've used to illustrate my GENERAL state of being and turn it against me, I think you can clearly see my problem with SOME Christians.

Yes, I do have a very happy life and I AM "so darn content" because I feel like I have everything that I need in my life. I would be more content should some things that I DON'T need in my life simply fade into the background and not try to wiggle their way into my life all the time because they have the incessant need to let everyone know how THEY have found the secret to eternal life and you should join THEIR religion and if you don't do it their way your going to be burned and tortured in hell and your doing an disservice to God by not paying attention to their shenanigans.

I, on the other hand, do NOT pretend to know the secret to eternal life, nor do I pretend to know the true nature of God. I am still learning about it all. It could all be a huge friggin farce for all I know, but then I look around me and SEE that it isn't so. But I'm not going to read some book and say, "OMG...I know the answers now. I just have to follow the words in this bible (that have been so extremely warped by men with agendas) in order to receive eternal life by some dude who loves me so much he'll send me to a firey death if I don't do what he says to do in this book."

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shanerz

I find it humorous that, out of all the things I have said in these posts, you chose that particular statement to comment on. Yes, of course it doesn't make any sense, just as Fear + Guilt= Love doesn't make any sense. These are all things you can't determine the numerical value on. Thought maybe you noticed the "lol" and smiley face at the end of my post. Oh yeah, and I do suck at math. Glad you got a chance to use your advanced knowledge of mathematics.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ganja

Ganja: (great name btw)

"Hey, since you put your faith in god because he says so, why not choose Islam or Satanism for that matter? Why christianity? Because you were brought up to be afraid of disagreeing with "god"? Too afraid to let down your family, who are most likely also christians? Guilt fear fear and more guilt." That is what you said, paraphrasing my previous post.

This is what I ACTUALLY said:

"That question is never simple. Knowing who God is can be very difficult, but a person will never really know God if they force Him conform to their own presuppositions. I think that is something we can all agree on. I put my faith firmly in the God of the bible, because He has commanded me to worship no other, and because of what He has done for me. He has lifted my chains, and freed my soul. O Death, where is thy sting? lol. He has revealed Himself to me through His word, and He has spoken to my heart. Does He reveal Himself to others, in other ways? Who can know the mind of God? That's the wonderful thing about Him. We each have our own personal relationship with Him. "

So yes, you did misquote me. Or you didn't include the rest of what I said, which changes the whole meaning of the post entirely. You just did what many do to the bible daily. You take what you want from it (out of context, often times), and attack. Ever try reading between the lines? Or do you always just hear what you choose, and respond according to your presupposed ideas? You know what's funny? I talk to people every day who think like you think, believe what you believe....... so who's the one being indoctrinated? Again, I'll say, everyone is believing what they are told, regardless of who is doing the telling.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganja
reply to post by one_man24

You say it is funny how people don't believe in something written 2000 years ago eh? Y'know, there ARE other texts written well before the bible... why should you believe that one instead of an even older one, if older so obviously means so much. Hey, why not throw out all the books and information of the past 2000 years and go back to things as they were? You know why? Because it would be stupid. Instead of medicine we would be back to things like bloodletting or worse... no thank you.

*edit for typos

[edit on 27-8-2009 by ganja]

You said this as well. I wasn't pointing to the veracity of the bible with this statement. I was simply pointing out the fact that many say that Christians believe what they are told, while eating up anything that is spoon fed to them by their idol of choice, be it oprah, obama, dawkins, tmz, zeitgeist, hovind, pelosi, limbaugh, or any program on tv for that mater. My point is that everyone believes what they are told, in some fashion or form. Every one of these people or things has an agenda to push, can't you see that? I just bought into the one that makes the most sense to me.

*edit to change demeanor. post appeared to contain attitude. no harsh feelings, we are all brothers from other mothers.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by one_man24]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
And a SyroPhoenecian Lebanese Gentile came up to him and said 'Son of David ! Have Mercy upon me !'

But 'Iesous' said to her,

'Woman, the Bar-Enasha ('son of Man') was sent ONLY to the LOST SHEEP of the ELECT of the HOUSE OF YISRO'EL ..and anyway, since when is it right to take the Children's Bread out of their mouths and throw it to the DOGS under the table?'

1st Gospel ('Matthew' whoever he was) chapter 15:22-26

Doesn't sound like Christianity for ALL to me. And dragging that deluded Mithraist influenced Greek Speaking Saul of Tarsus (the capital city of Cilicia, where 'Roman' pagan blood dunking Mithraism was introduced into Rome from Persia) who never met 'Iesous' (R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir) in the flesh but only in dreams and visions (like my Cook !) doesn't change the NON-unversiality of Nazorean Christianity, which was meant for the 'Lost Sheep of the House of Israel in the Last Days' ONLY (Greek: EUTHEOS).

Basically the man 'Yehoshua' hated the Goyim ('gentiles') and anything connected with them, even calling them DOGS like that poor Syrophonecian lebanese woman who had the nerve to come to him for help for her bleeding daughter (the same term 'UNCLEAN DOGS' is widely used in the very ANTI GENTILE language found among the fragments in caves 1-11 of the socalled Dead Sea Scrolls) but then again, he lived at the 100th anniversary of the invasion of Pompey (BC 63 to AD 36, the year of the Insurrection, resulting in his Execution by Crucifixion, a SPECIFIC penalty for Armed Sedition against the Maiestas of the Divine Emperor Tiberius) into Judaea, under a severely brutal occupation which lasted until Judae was eventually ground to powder after two failed revolts, the first of the two starting at the 70th year following the death of Herod when Jerusalem was annexed to Roman Judaea under 'direct rule'.

If you study your history, and read the Greek words placed into the Good Rebbe's mouth and translate them back word for word into his original Galilean Aramaic tongue, what a shock -- no universalism at all-- only salvation for the Lost Sheep of the Elect of the House of Yisro'el. And anyone who tries to make 'christianity' universal is following Saul of Tarsuss and not the original Nazorean Christianity of 'Jeeezuzz' during the 2nd Temple Period.

When the man spoke of 'saving' (an Aramaic play on words on his name, Yehoshua, (YHWH is [my' Salvation') he was referring to the role of the Jewish Messiah to 'ingather' the ELECT of the LOST SHEEP of the HOUSE OF YISRO'EL Scattered amongst the Gentiles' which is why he was in Lebanon in the first place, inspecting the LOST SHEEP there just under the border of his so-called Kingdom which 'stretched to the River Euphrates' in Phoenicia.

Anyone trying to prove 'universality' for Christianity and/or 2nd Temple Judaeism (or even Rabinnic Judaeism) would have a VERY hard time to prove it from the Greek words placed into that man's mouth in the (4) canonically approved Greek Nicene-stamped Gospel material...

Just a thought...

Yeah, you totally forgot to include the part where the woman doesn't relent her plea, and Jesus commends her for having great faith and makes her daughter well. Could it be that He was trying to show His disciples, and maybe us, what faith really means?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeeSquared

I agree with you that many churches etc don't encourage questioning. My father is a pastor, and a wonderful man and father. He never punished me, or got angry with me, for questioning God and him. He was always ready with an answer, and if he didn't know, he admitted it and we researched it together. I hope that one day I can be half the pastor, and father, that he was/is.

I disagree with you on proving/disproving science though. It has been shown many times that some scientists are just as biased in their findings as you and I can be. We are all human after all. And it's not like most of us are in a position, or have the knowledge, to question some of these wonderfully intelligent scientists in the field today. Our education system isn't what it used to be. The bottom line at the end of the day is that we all put our faith in something we are told. I put my faith in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
many seam to miss a few points about christianity, christ and "spiritual" belif.

christians are basicly martyrs / "suecide bombers" for the jewish extremists, religious robots who belive that the death of a marty is the only law.

jesus h was a jew born of a jewish mother outside of a marrige,
jesus H dad who was not jewish nor christian , more like "muslimism" or a roman guard.

the spirituality in islam/judea/christianity is borrowed from the ORIGINAL teachings such as thouse of the sumer/maya/hindu and what not.

christian s are so brainwashed they dont even recognize their own holocaust in the second world war where 80+ million christians got killed.

robots.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

2. You need to learn who your god is because he loves you.

I know, I speak to him all the time. It has been so much easier to hear him without the constraints of an organised religion stifling his voice or corrupting his word.

This is exactly how I feel. Every man/woman perceives the "word of God" in their own way. Even a preacher/priest. So why do I need one person or a small group of people to tell me how I should be doing things? I can think for myself.

And why do I have to limit my quest for knowledge to the bible? No other book, teacher, etc. that isn't Christian has anything worthwhile to say?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

As far as the first few paragraphs, another poster said same thing, see my reply to him. For Ishtar, I don't see God equating her to Him, I see God saying that His children were straying from Him to worship her. How does that make her real? And as far as Sophia of Christ, Sophia means wisdom, not an actual woman. You done butchering the bible for your own means yet? God said it best himself, there is nothing new under the sun.

*by that I mean, heard that one before mate!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Joseph was jewish. He and Mary were both descendants of King David, who was also Jewish/Hebrew. Thus, Jesus was twice a descendant of David, and twice royalty.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Thats mostly algebra, just a tidbit of calc knowledge.

But it was mostly boredom. I really didn't read a lot, was late and a futile religious debate, I just saw math and said to myself, "fun." Didn't mean to set ya off or anythin

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

stop right there ,

jesus was born without joseph having intercourse.

he is not joseph´s biological son, jesus was jewish because of his mother.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Is there a Jewish gene?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

OOOOOOH! Got me on that one. lol.
Tired, stayed up late, sneakin posts at work. *bad aaron* lol

Would you accept that God is the original hebrew? lol

*total rookie mistake. off my game today!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz

Is there a Jewish gene?

is there or is it ? i dont fully understand the question but i´ll try to poke at what i belive your trying to ask ,

yes christianity is a genre of judeaism, early forms of "anoited ones" where more or less original/converted jews who made statements throu martyrdom.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_man24

Would you accept that God is the original hebrew?

god was the singular entity before the "big bang" when god divided him/her self and made all variations possible (excluding him/her self as an outer singular entity and including your ascention towards your own singularity within spiritual knowlege.

looking for the first god is pointless because "it" is no longer in its true form,
all we see is the multitude of variations "it" was waiting to become and is.

there "is" one god in the sence that there was only one.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The 4 Spiritual laws are mainstream Christianity repackaged for the masses. It a easy memorized method that is supposed to ensure mass conversions and "sell" Christianity to the masses. (Note: it can help\hurt people depending on the motive of the speaker\converter.)

Much like "fenney's" anxious seat (front pew), its a attempt to use emotion (Fear>escape>release.) to bring about conversion. Some people in simple sincerity will attempt to "Help" people with this method, others attempt to "Fleece" the general public. Some see "evil", some see "good". Who am I to Judge?

In all honesty, I think its a simple solution meant to fix a complex problem. And like all simple solutions, it usually doesn't last. And when the converted person encounters the difficulties of this world, and the limitations of his\her body. He\She will fall away, or were they never saved from the get go?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Ok, so we've reached a meeting of the minds. You are still looking for "the truth" too -- why not let up on others who are doing the same. Some overzealous Christians mean well; but they do no harm by telling a person---who doesn't even believe in Christianity---that they are going to hell unless they repent. This claim doesn't bother Christians because we believe in Redemption from Christ. It shouldn't bother atheists because they think the whole thing is a fairytale. THe only people it might bother are those who are undecided, and in my opinion, if the idea of God is kept in the minds of the undecided by whatever means necessary then that is a good thing. Out of sight out of mind. God has ways of nagging at those He means to find. Maybe the truth lies somewhere between these overzealous Christians and what you are looking for.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What if the universe exists a eternal perpetual circular motion? (Big Bang, Big Crash, repeat ad nauseum.)

Such a existence would not need a Creator and semantics over the nature of God. (Exp. How many times has he trimmed his beard?) Is not needed.

State this a person giving you a "canned" 4 spiritual laws speech, and watch their head spin.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Paul spoke to the people of athens on Mars hill in thier own vernacular. Of course, the Greeks got stuck on the "Resurrection of the body" idea and Paul didn't convince many people.

I wonder how Paul would have did if he had a 4 spiritual law tract to help him out?

reply to post by Bombeni

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join