It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The oldest man made stucture on earth... Adams Calendar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Adams Calendar is known as the oldest man made structure on earth, and since

the previous thread on it
(www.abovetopsecret.com...) didn't get a great response I would like to introduce the

wonderful place once again.

The ruins have been there for thousands of years and is believed to have been the

first city ever built. The city stretches for thousands of kilometers from Mpumalanga

all the way to Kenya.

They are

Older than the Giza Pyramids
and

Older than Stonehenge

75,000 years ago… early humans built a stone calendar that predates all other man-made structures found to date.

Adam's Calendar

www.mpumalangahighlands.travel...

Circular ruins that are spread over hundreds of kilometres over the Mpumalanga escarpment. While some have held them to be examples of abandoned cattle kraals from 13th century Bantu settlements, recent research has shown that the circles were inhabited by an ancient civilisation. Similar to the famous Incas of South America, this ancient society had a healthy appetite for gold, which was mined in the immediate vicinity, as well as a sophisticated knowledge of agriculture and astrology.

the oldest man-made structures on Earth and a unique display of artefacts that span a period of 280,000 years of human habitation. Lose yourself in the spectacular photographs of mysterious ancient stone ruins and discover an ancient stone city, once larger than modern-day Johannesburg.

A blogger on the ruins
btflmind.blogspot.com...

A video on Adams Calendar "The oldest man made structure on Earth"

www.youtube.com...

A website on Adams Calendar

www.adamscalendar.com...

[edit on 27-8-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wow amazing! I have never heard of this before. Weird how its on the same line as the Pyramids : ) So much we dont know! I love it! S&F!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Flagged!

This is a very cool structure. I didn't see your previous post on the subject, but I am interested in this one for sure!

280,000 years!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
the previous thread on it
(www.abovetopsecret.com...) didn't get a great response I would like to introduce the

wonderful place once again.

The previous thread did get responses and you could have simply added your thought to those already there.

Thread closed.

top topics

join