It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayatollah Khamenei: 'Opposition not stooges for West'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Ayatollah Khamenei: 'Opposition not stooges for West'

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said claims that opposition leaders had links to Western powers have not been proven despite widespread allegations of foreign meddling by hard-liners.

The comments late Wednesday appeared to mark a significant shift away from the assertions of others in the Islamic leadership, including President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, that the United States, Britain and other nations had a direct hand in guiding the violence and outrage following the disputed June 12 elections.

JPost

I thought this was an interesting development, as this is a direct contradiction of the words of President Ahmadinejad.

Am I being overly optimistic, or could this represent a cooling off of tensions between Iran and the West?

Most fair minded people living in open democracies know that the West (i.e. the people of those democracies) only wants peace with Iran, and that peace would benefit everyone, not least the Iranians. War on the other hand hurts everyone and costs money and lives.

But the more fiery the rhetoric from Tehran, the more nervous the West gets about Iran's intentions, which leads to sanctions and increased hostility, and ultimately to war unless the path is averted. But it's up to Iran's theocracy to make the first move. It's possible that Ahmadinejad's bosses are starting to realise this fact.

Or is the Ayatollah actually the real stooge and serving the NWO / Zionist Conspiracy?

new topics

join