It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation With a Scientologist...Now this guy is INSANE.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

You wont find anything, they have more teams than any government agency working around the clock to stop that kind of that from happening.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

i take that as a challange!

hehehehe#

:EDIT - found them

The interweb is my shepherd!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Deep breath. I've just been watching 'Tommy' in the first set of videos on Page 2

and I've had to stop myself from banging my head into a wall (which would feel better than listening to and watching 'Tommy')

If he's a scientology 'graduate' .. then scientology has long way to grow

and so does Tommy

N E U R O T I C

H I S T R I O N I C

M E L O D R A M A T I C

as Crazy Aunt Mabel

(and he sounds just like her, too )

How obnoxious is that little prima donna

with his finger pointing and getting in one's face and uber-controlling carry-on

I'm convinced of something now, based on the half dozen scientologists I've watched tonight.

G A Y

and in denial

imo

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast

I'm convinced of something now, based on the half dozen scientologists I've watched tonight.

G A Y

and in denial

imo

EEEEk ! dude ....... stop watching the videos, you just done exactly what they done ? next youll be accusing him of beating his wife!

(dont sink to their clearly very low level!
- we as non scientologists are WAY above that!)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Where are the S&F's guys?? I thought this might have been pretty important!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I know L Ron Hubbard's son and guess what? He is not a scientologists. If your own kin don't believe it make sit kind of silly that others do.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Nope. Can't bear to watch another moment of them

But will reiterate that all the male scientologists I've watched from this thread have come across as ... not very masculine .. but as trying to adopt a facade of masculinity .. and failing badly

More than that though, these videos have solved a mystery which has puzzled and pained members of my family for a few decades.

Years ago, a family member became involved with scientology. It was a busy period of my own life so I didn't pay it as much attention as I should, I realise now. She was always into New Age trends, so I thought scientology was just another phase

She went the rounds of family members, plus friends of herself and her husband, begging large amounts of money in order she could be 'audited'
by scientologists

I asked what that meant and received a long and weird explanation. The arrogance with which she sought money from me has always stuck in my mind. She said: 'Look, I want you to give me X-thousand dollars. Whether or not I will ever pay it back is another thing but I need it by the end of next week'.

I gave her a quarter of what she wanted and said she should never again ask me for a loan, and that was it.

Shortly afterwards, she went mad and bad. I engaged a solicitor to ensure she was prohibited from contacting my family or me. That was 20 years ago. I've never regretted doing it. I lost most of my extended family in the process, of course

What brought that all to mind a moment ago was when I watched the scientology videos from Page 2 of this thread. She (the family member) attacked, derided, sought to destroy everyone's confidence and reputation, just like the scientologists in the videos. Watching the videos was like watching her in action. Brought it all back to me and nearly made me sick

It's about control. Scientology, as evidenced in the videos, is all about control .. the weak lusting after control.

The mad and bad family member was a vicious control freak after being audited. She kept everyone alienated from each other. I used to liken her to the hub of a wheel, with the rest of us on the rim of the wheel, at the end of individual spokes. The spokes were only allowed to be friends with her .. the hub. She controlled everything and everyone. She kept all the spokes divided, suspicious of each other, distrusting each other. She told each spoke that none of the other spokes liked them. She said the same to all the spokes. And she forbade the spokes to confer with each other about her. She used to say to each of the spokes: ' You might as well tell me .. I already know all about you, what you did .. X and Y (spokes) told me. And all the way through, as she was destroying lives, she'd smile a ghastly smile and say, ' I'm only doing/saying/telling you this, because I care for you, I love you, I want to help you '.

So each spoke felt betrayed by all the other spokes. It was divide and conquer in overdrive. And she used the same tactics as the scientologists we see on the streets in the videos .. a legal inch from slander, defamation, character assassination, etc. Vicious. Destruction for the sake of enjoyment. Destroying lives. Destroying families. I watched the family member do it all .. and she loved doing it .. she fed on it.

Scientology .. don't you EVER come knocking at my door. Or you'll be lucky if you manage to crawl, let alone walk, away.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

i got yer s+f's .... maybe people are scared.!

scince the start of this post i have manage to procure a copy of

"division 6 - Testing Line Drills" whatever the hell that means!

im at page one, actualy, before page one, in the copyright bit, their is this quote ...

The HUBBARD® Electrometer, or E-METER™ confessional aid, is a
device which is somethimes used in DIANETICS and SCIENTOLOGY
counselling. In itself, the E-METER does nothing. It is not intended or
effective for the diagnosis, treatment or prevention of any disease, or
for the improvement of health or any bodily function.

im not even past the introduction and already its in black and white that its complete bogus, considering the e-meter is what they use to detect past experiences??!?! ... even though they clearly say, in their own copyright meterial that "in itself, the e-meter does nothing"

got to laugh sometmes hehehe!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You have a healthier sense of humour than I right now

The videos have affected me badly .. I still feel sick

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Umm... should I be scared if i understood what he said?
i'm going to huddle in a corner now, and try to cope with my insanity.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You know what Scientology and its nuttiness reminds me of?

1984, the novel. You know, when you end up in the Ministry of love in a dark cellar, being forced to confess to anything and everything they want you to.

How the party wants to "make people better" and claims to be "clean and ethical", and everyone who disagrees is a criminal, their crimes become real because the Party makes them real.

Thats what Scientology is: Ingsoc. Pure Orwellian mind control/thought control. If I remeber correctly, L. Ron Hubbard was heavy into black magic, mind manipulation, and fascinated by Communist and Nazi mind control programs.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

That video brought back memories. Unpleasant ones. I was raised in the Charismatic movement and went to enough revival meetings to know that this is no exaggeration.

I won't even go into the experiences I had. They ended up driving me nuts to the point I had to be hospitalized when I was 16.

Thankfully, I no longer subscribe to Christianity.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was raised in a christian cult and have had people get in my face like that when I was a young boy.

I'm pretty good at keeping my cool in most situations but I would have asked him nicely to get of of my personal space (face) one time and after that I would have to bloody his nose. Those people will intimidate and insult people all day long because the average joe won't do to much about it. Once they get there block knocked off a couple of times they will think twice about doing it again.

I'm not a violent person whatsoever but people can only be pushed so far.... Ok... breathing exercises... I need to pick up and read one of my books on Buddhism....

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, it is not really fair to judge all scientologists by the actions of a few. And for the closing the city street thing. The church buys permits to close streets for parts of the day to hold their events they pay for the permit and security, they are not taking from the taxpayers, like when michael jackson died and the city of LA spent 1.4 million of tax-payer money.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The way they 'investigate' and set out to destroy and character assassinate reminds me very much of nasty school-girls' cliques.

Scientologists exhibit bitchy, female traits, imo

I've never known men to operate as scientologists do, never.

Did Hubbard devise what appears to be the standard for scientology's paranoia, bitchiness and pettiness, or did it go that way after he died and was taken over by others ? Because it all sounds like something Hoover would have orchestrated and I've read that Hoover used to wear drag as often as possible.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
No more insane than christians, if you ask me.

"Death is the START of life!" -Christians. How much dumber can you get if you believe dieing is the beginning of your life?

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Kaytagg]

Disgusting...This is EXACTLY why I hate religion and church. I would go so far as to bet that most, if not all, of those children in that video have been sexually abused. Because crap like this is what it all boils down to....CONTROL! You have some sick piece of crap attempting to control the minds of the weak, so that they will do his/her bidding with no questions asked. Simply disgusting.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow,
These people are whacked out big time! I would be afraid to go to a Scientology church! What do they think they will gain by acting that way?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nocensorshipplease

It seems to me that people who feel powerless and as if their lives are out of control, gravitate towards scientology.

And of course, scientology feeds the individual's ego to begin with by focusing on them, talking about and to them

I suppose many people regard religious organisations as 'givers' .. they give their time and sympathy and listen to people's problems and try to help. Givers attract takers, although no doubt those who gravitate towards religions (including scientology) would not regard themselves as takers.

As scientology portrays itself as a 'religion' and advertises all the time with the focus on 'You' .. I guess many lonely or self-obsessed individuals believe that scientology will provide them unlimited 'me' time and sympathy of a religion, without the preaching and boredom

People commonly fall in love with their doctor or psychiatrist, apparently, so there's most likely an element of that with scientology converts

Basically, as others have already said, scientology seems to pitch to, and to attract, individuals with incomplete personality development

The fact that so many of those in the videos operate as typical bullies indicates that belonging to scientology provides them the power and control they've always wanted. It seems to bring out the worst in people

So what they seem to 'get' from scientology is a feeling of belonging to something powerful and invincible.

Based on what I've seen, I believe scientology attracts people with authority fixations. They kick those they believe they can beat .. and kiss the boots of those more powerful. They believe they're going to use scientology, but scientology uses them. And it's supremo graduates leap about on couches like five year olds, punching the air and grinning like lunatics to prove how sublimely well-adjusted and in control of themselves they are

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I know it's not the proper thing to say or do, but when I watch the insane statements of the pathetic members of scientology... like these... all I can think is "sometimes when a member of the herd becomes sick, the best thing to do is strike it down before it contaminates the rest..."

It doens't matter if you ruin peoples' life by killing or brainwashing, there's a victic regardless. Up the punishment for enganging in what should be banned as a criminal sect.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Supposedly L. Ron had a list of "affirmations" (you know, look into the mirror and tell yourself "EVERY DAY IN EVERY WAY I AM GETTING BETTER AND BETTER" type thing) that ran into a multi-page manuscript...it came to light in one of the court cases, but then the transcript got sealed...but one of the affirmations that got read out aloud, which those present later remembered and quoted, was ALL MEN ARE YOUR SLAVES

Or so they say, anyways...
Gotta love it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join