It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation With a Scientologist...Now this guy is INSANE.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Yes, you have a point. If the intent is not to help them, but to expose them, thats the way to go.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

I'm pretty sure I would have been physically sick after being confronted by them for a few minutes and would have vomited on their shoes .. if I had good enough aim

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

lol, my favourite line was when one of them mentioned something about L.Ron Hubbard...and hes like "Urrrrr...I believe L.Ron is dead sir..."

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Have to say, I'm very surprised the scientologists behaved that way, with or without a camera present

I was under the impression they conducted themselves with much (much, much) more restraint, for the sake of scientology's image

If I were a scientologist and saw those videos, I'd be disappointed and dismayed

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

You`d think with all the supposed "communications-courses", sales-courses etc. they go through they`d behave differently.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast

Have to say, I'm very surprised the scientologists behaved that way, with or without a camera present

I was under the impression they conducted themselves with much (much, much) more restraint, for the sake of scientology's image

If I were a scientologist and saw those videos, I'd be disappointed and dismayed

You NEED to watch these...it will give you the basics.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JustLikeSuperman

It's a common tactic used by $cientologists. Don't defend, always attack. There's video somewhere on the net that shows Jenna Elfman yelling at the cameraman asking what crimes he has committed, she even asks him when the last time was that he had sex with a baby (in more direct words).

The other tactic is to come into forums, and attempt to deflect from $cientology to perceived crimes of Christianity. As an previous post demonstrates better than I ever could.

Here are a couple of examples:

[edit on 27-8-2009 by SpacePunk]

[edit on 27-8-2009 by SpacePunk]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by JustLikeSuperman

The other tactic is to come into forums, and attempt to defect from $cientology to perceived crimes of Christianity. As an previous post demonstrates better than I ever could.

So I should have asked at the beginning? "If your a $cientologist put your hand up now!"

Originally posted by Kaytagg
No more insane than christians, if you ask me.

"Death is the START of life!" -Christians. How much dumber can you get if you believe dieing is the beginning of your life?

Are you a Scientologist?? if so...can you tell us what the 'Snip' is going on here??

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Griffo515]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Yes. This is not claiming to be a terribly serious thread, but the videos are a shock, nonetheless. One psycho .. ok, it happens and you give benefit of doubt and figure the guy was having a bad day or had been provoked prior to the camera starting to roll

Then two psychos. Then three. Then four.

Thing is, all four scientologists employed the same tactics: intimidation, accusation, aggression. So it's forming a pattern

The cameramen were responding -- by responding verbally, they interruupted the scientologists mind-control speech patterns.

But let's imagine for a moment that the four scientologists were confronting a novice scientologist .. someone who would not be standing upright like the cameramen, for a start, but would more probably be sitting on a straight-backed chair. And as a novice, he/she would probably not be verbally responding. Who knows .. maybe they're not permitted to speak.

Now think about those four scientologists again .. remembering how they behaved in the videos. Imagine them surrounding someone seated and silent. You can easily imagine that the scientologists would very quickly get into a rhythm with their voices:

' You want to confess

You know you do

You have something hidden in your past

Come on ! Get it out ! You know you want to get it out !

What have you done ?

You beat your wife, don't you ? You do, don't you ? You know you do. Spit it out !

You molest children, don't you ? You know you do. Get it out. Say it. You molest children. Say it. Get it out . Say it

How long would it be before you confessed, just to shut up those voices ?

Then .. once you'd 'said it' (confessed to something for which you're not guilty) they'd start up again, demanding details, dates, names, addresses.

And before you knew it, you'd be half insane, literally. And they'd have you where they wanted you.

It's no coincidence that all four used the same verbal and body-language tactics

and it can be no coincidence that the man in the first video accused the cameraman of beating his wife AND the three scientologists in the second video accused an entirely different cameraman of beating his wife, too. And they accused him of being a child molester.

It's frightening, very disturbing

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
loving the documentry, i dont think i seen this when it was on bbc1..

something i noticed, in part 2/4, theirs a quote from the christian church ..

"Scientology makes claimes for their
dangerous cult which they can neither
prove nor sustantiate.

Drug users who are trying to kick
their happit are perfect prey for
scientology."

its a bit pot call kettle black aint it, as thats exactly what the christians do .. , really as with all religions, they all make claims they cannot proove or sustantiate And they all go after drug addicts / alcoholics to try and "save them"

dam relisions lol!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

and it can be no coincidence that the man in the first video accused the cameraman of beating his wife AND the three scientologists in the second video accused an entirely different cameraman of beating his wife, too. And they accused him of being a child molester.

YES, thats exactly what I was thinking...here is another group of Scientologists who use the exact same insults!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
So for me the camera-man/anonymous is almost as delusional as the cultists. What does one hope to achieve by attacking them? Tell them "the truth"? One achieves nothing but counter-attack.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

But then you have to consider why people go after Scientology...

1. They are openly attacking the medical industry, doctors, psychologists. They want to replace our current medical science with "vitamin pills" and placebo treatments.

2. They conducted the most comprehensive infiltration of government agencies ever seen. The leaders (L. Ron and his wife) were charged with this. It's legal fact.

3. They used such positions to frame a person for making death threats. This poor woman was almost sentenced for a crime that she never committed.

4. They are suspected of having murdered countless people who have spoken against the cult.

5. They are suspected of being responsible for hundreds of missing persons reports from across America.

6. They have labour camps on American soil. They kidnap the children of members and imprison them, force them and their parents to work to pay off the "debts" created by their "teaching".

7. They are suspected of being inside various governments around the world right now, and affecting legislation and law. U.N. Anyone?

8. They deliberately target and abuse mentally unstable and weakened people. They rob them, and when they can't get any more money out of them they put them to work furthering their cult.

9. They bought the "Cult Awareness Network" and now run this "independent organisation" as a front for their own cult! They funnel people from other cults to their own!

Germany has banned this cult. They did so because they recognise how dangerous such an organisation is.

I am all for harassing and limiting these people as far as the law will allow, just as they do to anyone who speaks out against them. They have to be stopped from spreading their disgusting disease throughout the rest of society.

They are truly one of the most dangerous organisations out there, and it isn't helped by politically correct leadership recognising this CULT as any form of religion.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515

YES, thats exactly what I was thinking...here is another group of Scientologists who use the exact same insults!

Interestingly, the last thing I heard about this woman (who was a very prominent member of the cult) was that she had left the cult and was considering bringing charges against them for abuse, violence, psychological trauma and so on...

She's one of the lucky ones who woke up I guess.

But imagine how she must now feel about such a video of her acting like that.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Oh gee, just saw what you posted while I was typing my last post. All those other scientology videos.

I'm going to have to either steel myself or do some deep breathing relax exercises before I watch them. The first two took it out of me.

I've known people like the scientologists in the first two videos and it's my opinion that the first one (the lone scientologist on the road) was an inch from getting violent.

And .. he was trying to transfer his own nuts-ness onto the cameraman, accusing the cameraman of being in an 'episode' or something, over and over. When it was clear who was having the episode, to the point he didn't even know what he was ranting about.

I'm pretty sure any scientologists who might have considered derailing this thread have run for their lives. Videos don't lie and we all saw it for ourselves. It's left me staggered to think that any sane person could tolerate being a member of scientology

Anyway, I'm just stalling here, to get out of watching the other videos. I need a fresh cup of tea first (and I need to do the ironing, and wash the floors and maybe the windows, then take a long walk .. real long, lol)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

How long would it be before you confessed, just to shut up those voices ?

Then .. once you'd 'said it' (confessed to something for which you're not guilty) they'd start up again, demanding details, dates, names, addresses.

And before you knew it, you'd be half insane, literally. And they'd have you where they wanted you.

It's no coincidence that all four used the same verbal and body-language tactics

There is training material out there produced by the cult for their members to follow. And it does suggest all of this for destroying an enemy.

It's their intention to deliberately harass and insult a person until they either submit or cease their attack on $cientology.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Thanks for posting all that information

I'm really glad now that this thread exists because if it saves only a handful of people, it will have been well worth it

All this time, I've been under the impression that scientology had been banned throughout Europe and was avoided by Americans. Then I read your posts. I'd had no idea scientology was so powerful or that it had infiltrated government

(and I'm still avoiding the fresh videos)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I know a thing or two about Scientology and opponents of Scientology. And while I understand the dangers of Scientology and the brainwashing its members go through, I have found Scientology-attackers to be almost as agressive and fanatic as Scientologists themselves.

If they call all Scientologists "insane" and "dangerous", rather than having some compassion for them having fallen into the trap, thats not helping the situation much.

This is no different than calling all christians or all muslims or all democrats or all republicans _______________ (fill in the blank).

My ex-girlfriend was a Scientologist...not because she was insane or dangerous but because she was naive.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I know a thing or two about Scientology and opponents of Scientology. And while I understand the dangers of Scientology and the brainwashing its members go through, I have found Scientology-attackers to be almost as agressive and fanatic as Scientologists themselves.

If they call all Scientologists "insane" and "dangerous", rather than having some compassion for them having fallen into the trap, thats not helping the situation much.

This is no different than calling all christians or all muslims or all democrats or all republicans _______________ (fill in the blank).

My ex-girlfriend was a Scientologist...not because she was insane or dangerous but because she was naive.

Im yet to meet a Scientologist who will atleast let you show them what is going on...OR at the very least, let you get a single word in before butting in to 'correct' you.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
does anyone have a link to the scientology manuals ! im looking just now btu for the first time ever, im getting very random errors when downloading the torrent with their manual .... this does not suprise me!

anyone got any linkage ?

EDIT - reply to the quote in the previous post.

from every single video ive seen of scientologists getting questioned, the people who are "against them" almost NEVER act aggressive in anyway, they simply ask questions that the scientologists just refuse to answer.

try this with any other religion, you will get an answer and background..

go try it! i do this all the time to get more knowlage of what i dont understand..

want to know about ramadan? ask a muslim (i did, got a great explination)
want to know about christianty - ask a christian!
want to know about buddisim ...ect ect ect, ask a buddist..
and, last, and probably the best people to answer questions on their religion, Mormons! dam, they wont ever stop answering questions, and never show any hate or bad vibe towards dificult questions. (i had a few mormon lads at the door last week, had a nice chat with them)

but dare you ask a scientologist anything !!!!!!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

I have enough of hearing and watching any group or government who claims to be clean and ethical. The truth is always the reverse.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join