It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone know what this may be?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Interesting Pics. They do look like driving range nets for golf, but that's the weirdest friggen golf range I have ever seen.
Another interesting aspect is how they are angled at the top. That angle is keep someone from climbing out. If they wanted to keep someone out then they would be angled outward. (makes it a lot harder to climb). Either way though, the fence is designed to stop humans. Wish I had some idea what it was actually made of.
Maybe they just had a good fence salesmen that sold them the gold standard of fencing ?

Can speculate all day long, but it is an unusual fence.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Could it be possible that the facility in question is some type of correction/jail/prison institution? They are usually located out in the middle of know where, usually close to a highway.

Just a guess.

I would have to agree also with previous poster, that they could be golf course type of fences, but it sure doesn't look like a country club.

One other thing, close to the ground in the second photo there appears to be a smoke cloud or dust cloud. Was there a vehicle driving around back there? Or did the facility have smoke or some type of exhaust coming from it?

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by youngie76
Another interesting aspect is how they are angled at the top. That angle is keep someone from climbing out. If they wanted to keep someone out then they would be angled outward. (makes it a lot harder to climb).

I agree, this may be a detention facility. They don't want anyone leaving without permission.

Check out this thread Facility near Crow's Landing on I-5 Ca?

I drive Intersate 5 several times a year for work. On the West side of the Highway near Crow's Landing there is some sort of compound just off the road on the hillside. There's a short road leading up to what appears to be security checkpoint. It is surrounded by very high chain-link fencing topped with barbwire.

-E-

Looks like it is a trash facility, and the abnormally shaped fence is to keep trash from being blown away, hence the inward curvature at the top. Here is a google street view

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b97aa511c19d.jpg[/atsimg]

Facility

[edit on 27-8-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01
reply to post by double_frick

Well I just took a quick glance at everything in the "2/3's" area from San Diego to Sacramento and didn't come up with anything.

Perhaps if you can provide some more information as to where this was? What side of the road if your traveling North towards Sacramento... What towns was it near, after, or before? Are your photos from the Northbound lane? etc... anything else would provide helpful..

i have driven pass this facility many times on freeway 5, it is in the central valley of california southwest of modesto, and northwest of merced, on the west side of the valley...it is a refuse furnace facility and it handles garbage to be burned. the high fences keep airborne garbage from coming across I-5 that might cause accidents, traffic along this stretch of freeway often is traveling at 75 to 80 miles an hour..posted is 70..

only thing curious is that there is barbed wire on top...and there seems to be a road all around the outside of the fence for security to patrol.

oh and one more thing...if you go to google maps, you'll see that there is a long landing strip northeast of this facility on the east side of the freeway. i learned this was used by the navy during ww2 for practice, as there is a major navel airbase (lemoore down by fresno),still a major training base.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have been through there 100's of times and if I remember correctly.
Those fences have something to do with fire breaks, and fire retension.
It is close to a major water supply, and connected to many many major food growers.
The one I liked best is on hwy 152 east of San Fran North side of the lake just off of hwy5...
Many of these fences have a tilled lane along them or close to the road, so as to cut a fuel source to keep a fire from jumping.
Just my .02

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillresearchn911
Could it be possible that the facility in question is some type of correction/jail/prison institution? They are usually located out in the middle of know where, usually close to a highway.

Just a guess.

I would have to agree also with previous poster, that they could be golf course type of fences, but it sure doesn't look like a country club.

One other thing, close to the ground in the second photo there appears to be a smoke cloud or dust cloud. Was there a vehicle driving around back there? Or did the facility have smoke or some type of exhaust coming from it?

Good luck.

i didn't think prisons were placed so close to the highway...and usually when you drive past a prison on a highway there will be signs posted about not picking up hitchhikers or notifying people there is a prison near...no such signs. i guess it COULD be a prison, but i think its unlikely.

its probably dust being kicked up in the background...it was up on a mountain/hill so it was hard to see anything but what is showing on the pictures. that was the only building though...and the property went a little far back...the fence went, i don't know, maybe a half a mile down and then circled back around...i hope that was a decent description.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

Originally posted by youngie76
Another interesting aspect is how they are angled at the top. That angle is keep someone from climbing out. If they wanted to keep someone out then they would be angled outward. (makes it a lot harder to climb).

I agree, this may be a detention facility. They don't want anyone leaving without permission.

Check out this thread Facility near Crow's Landing on I-5 Ca?

I drive Intersate 5 several times a year for work. On the West side of the Highway near Crow's Landing there is some sort of compound just off the road on the hillside. There's a short road leading up to what appears to be security checkpoint. It is surrounded by very high chain-link fencing topped with barbwire.

-E-

Looks like it is a trash facility, and the abnormally shaped fence is to keep trash from being blown away, hence the inward curvature at the top. Here is a google street view

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b97aa511c19d.jpg[/atsimg]

Facility

[edit on 27-8-2009 by MysterE]

thank you! the link actually says that its a place where they incinerate trash...i didn't see any trash blowing around i really don't think thats what the fence is for. so that is still an interesting mystery to me. also a lot of wide open space inside the fence area...with nothing in it i could see.
i am uber-creeped that it has trash incinerating facilities.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

HI,
Afraid this is a re-occuring topic;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently it is a garbage tip/incinerator - the tall fence is to stop rubbish blowing on to the free way.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
reply to post by tmayhew01

Who said anything about UFO's...

The second picture in the sky there are three objects (two white and one like a cigar shaped UFO)

This is CGI

Can you say reflection from the car window?

I knew you could.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone else noticed the figure standing between the first two steel posts?(First Picture)

I would also like to point out that the barbed wired is pointing inwards, towards the building. Now, it is my experience that in order to make it difficult for anyone to break into the property the barb wire should be slanted outwards, away from the building. Its just my opinion but perhaps the wire is placed that way to keep "something" in.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I had to star and flag this because it was just such an interesting read. hehe I'll buy that this is a garbage incinerating facility, and I will even buy that the fences are partially designed to keep trash from blowing everywhere.

First, like the OP, I am creeped out that there are such facilities to incinerate...anything. I mean, I such is necessary, but I'm no expert on the subject that's for sure. What qualifies garbage to be incinerated rather than put in a landfill? It seems like to me that such a facility could be easily modified for "other" uses.

I have noticed more and more these barbed wire fences facing in. It does seem that if you are trying to keep people out, the barbed wire would angle outward. Just my thoughts...interesting thread.

reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

I can't see the figure. Maybe you could post a blow up of the photo and show us? In the meantime, I'm going to download the image and take a look. If I see the figure, and you haven't posted it, I will throw it up. Good lookin' out.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by glitchinthematrix]

[edit on 26-9-2009 by glitchinthematrix]

[edit on 27-9-2009 by glitchinthematrix]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well, I tried 3 times to embed the blown up picture in my previous post...

img195.imageshack.us...

I need some pointers about posting things other than text and YouTube, but that is beside the point.

So, I downloaded the image and opened it up in Windows Photo Viewer. I blew it up using the slider and found the "figure". Odd-looking indeed. I didn't open this picture in any image editing software. I screen capped it straight from the viewer. What do you all think?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

You see barbed wire? Wow, your monitor is a lot better than mine.
The high fence is to prevent trash from blowing out of the facility. The "hook" keeps it from slipping over the top.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good point. No, I do not see barbed wire. I see netting...you can tell because there is a big hole in it about mid-picture.

I said barbed wire because someone else did...this was before I blew up the photo. While I don't see barbed wire, I see fence posts that look the same as the type that would hold barbed wire that angle in at the top. That's what I see.

I did state that I bought the fact these fences were designed to keep in airborne garbage. That would explain why they are made out of netting and are so tall...just to clarify.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join