It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Sunni rebel on Iran death row says US ordered attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Top Sunni rebel on Iran death row says US ordered attacks

www.dawn.com

'The United States created and supported Jundallah and we received orders from them,' Rigi said in Iran's restive southeastern city of Zahedan, the capital of Sistan-Baluchestan province bordering Afghanistan and Pakistan.

'They (US officials) told us whom to shoot and whom not to. All orders came from them. They told us that they would provide us with everything we need like money and equipment.'

Wearing normal clothing, and not a prison uniform, Rigi addressed reporters in a government building in Zahedan, amid relatively light security.

Iran has accused Jundallah of launching
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

uh oh, I cannot believe what I'm reading in this article.. I do however. I know posting this might get a lot of negative feed back, but stop, and think for a second.

The US is constantly using "advanced interrogation techniques", or in laymen's terms flat out mid-evil torture. The US Govt. tells us they used these techniques, and then feeds us the information gained from these practices; as it were the truth from god.

Let me tell'ya I'd be confessing to wearing women's underwear, and dancing in Central Park, or all manner of creation as long as they would stop.

So, I present this article, and would like a fair, and balanced thread regarding this with the light of the US not being all that fair. It openly states that the US has engaged in practices of setting up terror cells for destabilization of foreign countries; while conducting a hypocritical war on terror.

All thoughts welcome to a healthy discussion.

Wake Up, Stand Up,

-Sancho

www.dawn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
There are so many angles to this, no one in their right mind could accept it as truth, even if it is.

Iran, who is known to torture people, could have coerced a confession.

The US, who are known to have done Blackops like this, are trying to destabilise this government

Now, The US used harsh interrogation methods, and let the confession of terrorists stand at Guantanamo.
So, they rightfully can’t protest Iran government allowing these confessions to stand.

There's so much propaganda, its become pointless trying to analyse anything.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Okay, You had me laughing reading Your response. Kinda makes a Person, or should make a Person sit down, and say I will not participate in any of the war posturing taking place.

Not till the govt. quits beating the responses, and confessions out of People....and telling us it's the truth!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I've read about USA supporting Jundallah before on ABC news. The story basically was similar to how the Mujaheddin where used in the past, an alliance of temporary convenience, our enemies enemy is our friend. That story disappeared from their website pretty quickly though, and I can only speculate, maybe ABC were told to pull it, or maybe it was inaccurate.

EDIT:

Well, how very odd, I was able to find it again with a quick google search. Although it's on the blog part of the site, Brian Ross is one of ABC's top guys, I guess they moved it there out of the main news section.

blogs.abcnews.com...

[edit on 27-8-2009 by harpsounds]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Someone beat you to it already here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Same article.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by MegaCurious]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Here is the Wiki link on Jundallah and it is clear that US intellidence runs Jandallah

Jundallah-wiki

United States ABC news reported in April 2007, citing US and Pakistani tribal and intelligence sources,[38] that the terrorist group "has been secretly encouraged and advised by American officials" to destabilize the government in Iran.[39] According to this report by Brian Ross and Christopher Isham of ABC News, the United States government had been secretly encouraging and advising the Jundullah in its attacks against Iranian targets. This support is said to have started in 2005 and arranged so that the United States provided no direct funding to the group, which would require congressional oversight and attract media attention.[40] The report was denied by Pakistan official sources.[41] But despite their denial ABC stood by their claim.[42] Alexis Debat, one of the sources quoted by Ross and Isham in their report alleging US support for the Jundullah, resigned from ABC News in June 2007, after ABC officials claimed that he faked several interviews while working for the company.

This is readily known. It makes me laugh when such controversial stuff occurs and is even reported on by a major network in 2007 yet is generally ignored or forgotten.

Jundallah is part of a US operation to destabilize Iran. This is how the CIA does does things. Its standard operating procedure.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
A man on Death Row..especially a Sunni in Shiite Iran...will say anything that he thinks can delay his execution.

Whatever he has to say...it better be good.

new topics

top topics

join