It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To Osama?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I was thinking earlier about the book 1984 by george orwell and started to ponder on some odd correlations between the book and current events. Some of them are obvious, others not so much. Also, I am not saying that the entire set up of the book correlates, but some things do. Some things you have to twist into metaphore before it comes to light, some I believe are right there, others still, have no connection whatsoever it seems.

But I digress, I ramble away from my point.

One of the things I found interesting was a thought that popped into my head about how well Osama Bin Laden fit into the role of Emmanuel Goldstein.

Now with that thought came another...what happened to him?

I remember years (It seemed like every day from 2001-2006 maybe 07) of hearing his name or al-queda constantly on the news. Now... nothing. What happened?

So this thought came into my mind... Maybe he wasn't necessary anymore. He served his purpose as enemy of the state while it was needed. And now that we have new enemies being propagated, he is no longer needed.

Unfortunately, our new "enemies" all seem to be american people. Now we have left-wing extremists and right-wing extremists and middle-whatever extremists, and whatever other name tag they want to go throw on someone for believing something other than the status quo and the official story. You know, it seems like, they really want you to be scared of coming outside your box. Terrorists blowing up planes won't scare you and make you be good? Well...ughhh... well, your neighbor wants to kill you too, yeah, thats the ticket.

Anyway, that last paragraph was really just ramblings I felt like sharing. Completely random thoughts. Back to my original question though.

What happened to Osama Bin Laden? I haven't watched as much news as I used to, but it seemed like they really quit talking about him about a year or so ago when I was still watching the news heavily. I mean, it's like nobody remembers that he was supposedly the governments whole reason for being in afghanistan. It kind of boggles the mind.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Except this is fantasy thinking. Osama bin Laden's activities, practically week by week, have been tracked going back to the early 1980s. Thousands of people, most still alive, met him, talked with him, worked with him.

We have documentation, testimony, communication records of him involving 9/11, and the period afterward. There is zero doubt of his existence and direct involvement.

It is likely he died sometime between 2002 and 2004. Reports vary.

The videos with him in the last few years used substitutes and old footage.

He was given the green light to wage his jihad against the West by the Saudi royal family, on the condition he did it outside the Kingdom.

Many Americans have trouble with the notion that the Muslim world planned and executed a major attack on the US as a clear and unambiguous statement they wanted a confrontation and on their terms.

Many will disagree, but some people just choose to live in perpetual denial.

Mike

[edit on 26-8-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have been wondering this too, where is he.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AgnosticX

I think I just saw him recently at a Pup and Taco. Before I could call homeland security he was gone. Dang! I could really use that 25 million.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I am not doubting him being a real person. I am doubting the states perpetuations of him being a legitimate enemy in their eyes. The correlation I was trying to make was not so much "Does he exist?" as was the main question about goldstein throughout the book. But more of the underyling question of "Is he really a target and someone they really want to bring to justice to or is he just a convenient face of the enemy and someone that is necessary to keep around?"

You said something about fantasy thinking but, If he did die like you are claiming is a possibility, you would tend to believe that those in power would be aware of this fact and would make some sort of formal announcement to the public, or at least open a discussion of some sort on the news. To let the myth (if this is true) that he is alive continue to linger in people's mind would be uncouth.

Then again if you can show me a main stream media report of the possibility of his death, I'll concede. Maybe there is something I missed one day, you know. Reason why I asked the question.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Pretty much everyone is aware OBL is dead. Keeping him alive is useful for Al Qaida, who are struggling under Zawahiri's foundering leadership.

The Americans don't mind people thinking he's out there, as a useful goal to keep working towards.

The Saudis and Pakistanis are happy he's no longer is alive to blab about their direct involvement in 9/11.

So he remains an icon, a Che Guevara for Muslims, a Hitler figure for the West.

Probably not a real terrible bad guy, just overzealous. He probably believed he was making a contribution to bringing down America, just as he believed he had brought down the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

Things are more complicated than that. He did succeed in bringing the conforntation to the Middle East, so the battles could be fought on home turf.

It would be a real lark if he ever showed up alive, after all this.

Mike

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

So with what you just said, you can't see some of the semblence between the two? The enemy to the faithful, the alluring mystery to those that disbelieve? This is more less what I was thinking. The fact that it's not talked about but its still perpetuated and left to be belived. Also, the fact that they have left the topic alone and seemed to move on towards new targets while not altogether letting it die. Just made me wonder if there had been any reports as of late.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
Except this is fantasy thinking. Osama bin Laden's activities, practically week by week, have been tracked going back to the early 1980s. Thousands of people, most still alive, met him, talked with him, worked with him.

We have documentation, testimony, communication records of him involving 9/11, and the period afterward. There is zero doubt of his existence and direct involvement.

It is likely he died sometime between 2002 and 2004. Reports vary.

The videos with him in the last few years used substitutes and old footage.

He was given the green light to wage his jihad against the West by the Saudi royal family, on the condition he did it outside the Kingdom.

Many Americans have trouble with the notion that the Muslim world planned and executed a major attack on the US as a clear and unambiguous statement they wanted a confrontation and on their terms.

Many will disagree, but some people just choose to live in perpetual denial.

Mike

[edit on 26-8-2009 by mmiichael]

haha perpetual denial?

Show me "We have documentation, testimony, communication records of him involving 9/11, and the period afterward. There is zero doubt of his existence and direct involvement"

Do you want to know why I know that you can't produce that? Because he was never, ever charged with any crime related to 911. If there was evidence, he would have been.

The reason why there was contact with the guy was because he was trained by the CIA as well as funded to fight the Russians. That's common knowledge. It's also common knowledge that the Bush family and the Administration, had intimate business links with the entire Bin Laden family.

The reason you don't ever hear about him is cause he was a patsy, his usefulness as the media bad guy was over and they never had a reason to bring him up in the first place.

If you believe what Mike has to say, you need to go remove your head from your ass, then remove yourself as well as your family from the gene pool.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Probably dead.Has anyone noticed that he hasnt released a video tape statement about Obamas election or overtures to the muslim world?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I didn't give your thoughts enough consideration when I replied. Sorry.

Someone else brought up this comparison in a nasty context and I overreacted.

Orwell wrote 1984 in 1945-6. The Goldstein references are obviously to absentee father of the Russian Revolution, Leon Trotsky, whose real name was Bronstein. Maybe an aside reference to Emma Goldman, the famous anarchist.

Bin Laden is a special case as he died not long after his great coup. The Muslim world and his own organization have not announced his death. The closest was a slip up by Benazhir Bhutto.

So the West has responded by going along. If his own people don't want to say he's dead, then neither will we.

But the charade wears thin and no one wants to keep up the pretense.
He was a useful champion for one team, and a useful demon for the other.

Osama is dead. Long live Osama.

Mike

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
i think we all know why .. cough cough same person cough cough lol just trying to stir the pot

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by newbie

I could really use that 25 million
lmao everytime i hear of, or see this reward.my post was gonna be all about how hilarious, this amount is on anybodys head. why not
100 billion, no! no! wait. 100 million dollars. FIRE THE LAZAR!
can you imagine the paranoia.
bringing him in , trying to collect? if he is dead, why has no one collected?
what a waste it would be, to just bury the most valuble corpse of all time.
the guys will would include his body, to one of his many sons i'm sure.
maybe they would hold a lottery or something, if you could prove next of kin. always thought of that as one of the most blatent, in your face, jokes.
by the powers, about 911, osama and everything involved, even yrs before. what a farce. if you do take it serious. well huh. still lmao.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Yeah I know when the book was written, and that it has no direct meaning or reference to him. I was just thinking metaphorically.

The parts that stick out to me are how the two are potrayed and perpetuated as enemies in a very similiar fashion. Like I said these were all just random thoughts leading one to another. I could understand overreaction if you were in a similar argument as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

I didn't give your thoughts enough consideration when I replied. Sorry.

Someone else brought up this comparison in a nasty context and I overreacted.

Orwell wrote 1984 in 1945-6. The Goldstein references are obviously to absentee father of the Russian Revolution, Leon Trotsky, whose real name was Bronstein. Maybe an aside reference to Emma Goldman, the famous anarchist.

Bin Laden is a special case as he died not long after his great coup. The Muslim world and his own organization have not announced his death. The closest was a slip up by Benazhir Bhutto.

So the West has responded by going along. If his own people don't want to say he's dead, then neither will we.

But the charade wears thin and no one wants to keep up the pretense.
He was a useful champion for one team, and a useful demon for the other.

Osama is dead. Long live Osama.

Mike

As a matter of fact Osama's death was announced.

whatreallyhappened.com...

And when you say Al Qaeda, you’ve said CIA-Mossad.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

haha perpetual denial?

Show me "We have documentation, testimony, communication records of him involving 9/11, and the period afterward. There is zero doubt of his existence and direct involvement"

Do you want to know why I know that you can't produce that? Because he was never, ever charged with any crime related to 911. If there was evidence, he would have been.

The reason why there was contact with the guy was because he was trained by the CIA as well as funded to fight the Russians. That's common knowledge. It's also common knowledge that the Bush family and the Administration, had intimate business links with the entire Bin Laden family.

The reason you don't ever hear about him is cause he was a patsy, his usefulness as the media bad guy was over and they never had a reason to bring him up in the first place.

You, of course, don't know what you're talking about. Anyone can go to amateur websites and videos and find the usual BS being spewed by guys in their mother's basements.

The CIA and many intelligence agencies worldwide at times sponsor different groups in certain campaigns. When you work as a mercenary it doesn't mean forever and ever.

OBL was funded by both Saudi royal family and private interests. Khalid bin Mahfouz, the Saudi royal banker, was siphoning funds to him through a Muslim charity. All documented.

As the bin Laden family owns the largest construction contracting company in the world, they have done business with the Bush family. Big deal. What your sources, the guys in their mothers basements haven't figured out, is that wealthy international interests are constantly overlapping in interests. One connection does not mean for loyalty for life.

And the dopey claim bin Laden isn't on an FBI wanted lists - so that indicates conspiracy. Well the FBI doesn't deal with foreign nationals who've never stepped foot in the US. The fact that there wasn't a WANTED poster in the Post Office doesn't mean he wasn't tracked.

You won't be able to comprehend this, but people, organizations, whole countries, work with others sometimes, and against them at other times.

Nothing is permanent.

Mike

[edit on 27-8-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Not sure if the corp. has a web site, "New Horizon " An Idea Center
This corp. has been found guilty of having $$$ and it going to unidentified muslim ppl
Many ppl here claim to have seen many fully shrowded muslims going in/out of these buildings.
And yes some reports that OBL was one of them.
I have no real info. just funny how this thread came up just after hearing about this in a local pub...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You ask what happened to bin Laden?

First of all, he was an artificial - made up - enemy. I'm not saying he didn't exist. But he was put into the role of pure evil, something like Hitler.

The goal was that when you say bin Laden people will go crazy and won't ask any questions when the government puts more and more money into the war in Afghanistan (most of the money doesn't go there anyway).

Benazir Bhutto (a Pakistani politician, the first woman elected to lead a Muslim state) returned to Pakistan after a 9-year-long exile (in Dubai 1998-2007). A month after the return she said bin Laden is dead, another month later she was murdered...

There's only one country that profits from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and it's not the US.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkMoarson
I have been wondering this too, where is he.

I have it on good authority that he's hiding in Western Samoa !

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marcus33cz
You ask what happened to bin Laden?

First of all, he was an artificial - made up - enemy. I'm not saying he didn't exist. But he was put into the role of pure evil, something like Hitler.

The goal was that when you say bin Laden people will go crazy and won't ask any questions when the government puts more and more money into the war in Afghanistan (most of the money doesn't go there anyway).

Benazir Bhutto (a Pakistani politician, the first woman elected to lead a Muslim state) returned to Pakistan after a 9-year-long exile (in Dubai 1998-2007). A month after the return she said bin Laden is dead, another month later she was murdered...

There's only one country that profits from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and it's not the US.

Things are a bit more complicated than that.

The US doesn't benefit in the short term fighting expensive interminable battles in Iraq and Afghanistan. But there are long ance concers like keeping these countries out of reach from Iranian and Russian influence, keeping oil flows steady through proposed pielines, and positioning of allied regimes in the region.

The British, Germans, French, Dutch, and many other Wester countries have serious interests in the region, but the US is called on to do the heavy lifting militarily.

This kind of jockeying for influences and alliances is how the world has worked for centuries. Sometimes going into a country is about keeping it
out of the hands of the competition.

So far the campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan have screwed up royally.
But the underlying strategy of keeping a strong presence in the region by the West is still there.

Mike

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marcus33cz

I don't know what country you're alluding to that profits from these wars, but I agree partly that the US doesn't benefit. The people of america does not benefit from these wars, but a few rich men and and a handful of corporations here in america profit greatly from these wars. If noone profited from these wars they would have ceased to exist years ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join