It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Really, Really Want To See A Ghost...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Or a UFO, or something out of the ordinary...

So, I am going here in a couple of weeks and spend the night..

Roadside America

Camden, South Carolina - Agnes of Glasgow's Haunted Grave

Local legend holds that for more than 225 years the ghost of a beautiful young woman has been wandering around the Old Quaker Graveyard in Camden searching for her betrothed.

It seems Agnes was madly in love with her fiancé, Lt. Angus McPherson, back in Scotland when a little happening called the American Revolution broke out over here. Being so rife with angst after her soldier boy was sent to help get the Yankee Doodlers back in tow – Agnes stowed away on a ship and came to the new world after him. She arrived in Charleston and heard that the officer was in the then back-country town of Camden. Sadly, when Agnes arrived her lover was nowhere to be found and she had grown gravely ill. Sometime in 1780 she succumbed to her illness without ever finding her life’s love, but her spirit still searches for him to this day.

In the nearby Old Quaker Graveyard you’ll also find headstones used as target practice before a duel in the 1800s, Abraham Lincoln’s brother-in-law (a Confederate doctor), a female Confederate spy, Civil War generals, and my personal favorite: the tombstone of Richard Kirkland, "The Angel of Marye's Heights" from the Civil War, a Confederate who gave water to dying Union soldiers at the Battle of Fredericksburg (you’ll usually find water bottles and canteens left by his admirers on his stone)

Any suggestions as to what I should take?

I am planning on taking a Nikon D40 that I am very experienced with and a Small Video Camera that records to a SD Card...

Anything else?

Semper

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What are those things umm.. thermal detectors I think, I'd spend some money to get that if your serious

Thermal Images machine things, i'm technologically challenged sorry.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Republican08]

OH!!! And most importantly, bring a buddy!

The buddy system is golden.

Every movie i've seen, it's been a divide and conquer.

Buddy System, always keep em close by. Or your wife, but you know women, scream scream scream at everything, and you pray to god you don't punch her, but that she either loses her voice, or just stops!

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Some sort of sound recording equipment beyond just the camera mic (if you're doing vids). Maybe you could even do it like a podcast w/ highlights and stuff.

Edit it add: A change of underpants... you know... in case you get hit by a bus.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I have thermal detectors I use at work.. Good idea...

reply to post by Welfhard

Thank you

I would never have thought of sound recording equipment.. I have a laptop I'm taking but I also have a pretty good dig voice recorder I'll bring along..

Semper

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Thank you

I would never have thought of sound recording equipment.. I have a laptop I'm taking but I also have a pretty good dig voice recorder I'll bring along..

Yes well I don't claim to be an expert but in many of the 'Ghost Hunt' shows I've seen, they'll pick up things on the recordings that they never noticed at the time. Although that's true of digital photos also. So get LOTS of snaps!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I am planning on taking a Nikon D40 that I am very experienced with and a Small Video Camera that records to a SD Card...

D40's are brilliant camera's! If you are into serious paranormal investigating, you should bring a thermal imaging camera, Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) Recorder and I would advise you to take a large set of surveillance camera's (night vision) though it is a little costly. You might also want to bring an EMF Meter (Electromagnetic Field Meter). This can also help decipher between electronic interference and paranormal activity.

Heres a website with a few tips & tricks etc...ghosthuntingsecrets.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

I plan on it...

I'm taking 3... 2gig cards for the Nikon and 2 for the video

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

I have excellent Night Vision equipment.. (Think better than civilians can buy) but it wont record sadly...

As for the other, I do not plan on spending a fortune...

Semper

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
You know, I wanna see one too.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Also, before I forget, here a a few more helpful websites to prepare gunning paranormal investigators.

EVP Information: www.aaevp.com...

Overview of some equipment: www.prairieghosts.com...

Some more investigating tips: www.ghostfinders.co.uk...

Tips for photographing Ghosts: www.ghoststudy.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I wonder, should you bring extra, extra batteries. People always talk of the power being drained, but I guess having more batteries to drain, would be pretty self defeating.

Maybe a really big battery! Like an add on. lol silly I know.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
EMF reader.
I reckon you buy em at home depot.

all the ghost hunter shows use em.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
A thermomitor might help!

Good project!! It'll be a fun expierence.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I have a small generator in my Jeep...

If the spirits defeat that, well then I am done ....

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I have a small generator in my Jeep...

If the spirits defeat that, well then I am done ....

ummmmm if they defeat that. Run like hell!

Remember on the movie "I love you man".

PETER RUN!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The digital voice recorder for sure, and here's something most people don't think of. Write a list of questions on a piece of paper. When I first started ghost hunting I'd turn the DVR on and only had a couple of questions, "What is your name?" "Can you speak to me?"

If your going after the lovelorn ghost who came looking for her sweety, Find out what you can about her and ask pertinent questions.

IR is great to have on your camera, especially indoors. It will help you to see in even the darkest of rooms.

Thermal cameras are way out of my ghost hunting budget so good luck with that.

Lots and lots of pictures.

When i think of more I'll let you know,

wupy

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Use the Ouji Board.

But- be forewarned, you may get something you cant get rid of.

When I first started using the boards, I had all kinds of ghosts come to me. Shadow People, Arms coming out of my mirror, Headless Ghosts...

If you want to see one, you will see one if you invite it using the Board.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

sometimes seeing ghosts isnt all that its cracked up to be.
ive seen several
the last time has really rattled my cage a little
a synopsis of my paranormal experiences

I see dead people

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

A very romantic and sad story.

But I would say, be very careful what you wish for, and be aware that you may not necessarily see the ghost(s) you want to see, but possibly some you would rather not.

And please, do not use a ouija board under any circumstances.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I agree with the above poster. You won't get what you want if you use the Ouija board. Using this invites all of the spooks in a current area into your life.

So yeah, Ouija board = bad move.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join