It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart has stopped cashing most checks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
reply to post by RRconservative

You know I thought of that too. They have put banks in our Wal-Mart's also. I wonder if they are not owned by Wal-Mart and they just operate under another name? I know this is out of left field but I can not help but think that Wal-Mart is owned by the government and probably owns the banks also. When things hit the fan I think that Wal-mart will be the hub of getting our goods and banking.

Wal-mart OWNS Woodforest bank. I used to work there.

Woodforest didn't even want to cash my insurance check and I was told that the insurance company had been writing and not honoring/bouncing checks and it was a bank policy.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Alot of Walmarts are starting to have banks set up inside them. Woodforest Bank comes to mind. They might have an agreement with the occupying bank?

That's exactly what I thought. These greedy, Red Communist supporting bastards have to get their cut no matter what.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Looked on wikipedia and yahoo biz. Though the business relationship is prominently mentioned between Wal-Mart and woodforest I see nothing that leads me to believe that Wal-Mart owns that bank.

Woodforest Wikipedia entry

Yahoo Biz on Woodforest

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Looked on wikipedia and yahoo biz. Though the business relationship is prominently mentioned between Wal-Mart and woodforest I see nothing that leads me to believe that Wal-Mart owns that bank.

Woodforest Wikipedia entry

Yahoo Biz on Woodforest

I am telling you, I used to work there. The management admitted it was owned by Wal-mart. That's why I opened an account. I figured it would probably be one of the last to go under, since Wal-mart is definitely not looking at bankruptcy anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Do you realy think there would be an odviouse link? A corporation can have many sub-companies that are in no way obviously linked. It is well known in the world of business that this is a frequent method of expanding without the public knowing they are inter-twined.

[edit] spelling

[edit on 1/13/2009 by Melissa101]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The people that always make a big fuss about ''my check is good dag gonnit'' are exactly the people that bounce checks.

Open a bank account for crying out loud!
Lots of banks have NO FEE, NO MINIMUM accounts for checking and savings with online bill payment for free also.
You have heard of these things called bank accounts, right?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
There are a lot of scammers floating fake checks out there.

Just check the internet

www.fakechecks.org...
www.ftc.gov...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Then there is this.
www.hoax-slayer.com...
www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but I use to work at Wally World, and that is unusual that they aren't cashing those. We cashed eveyone's check. I do have inside info, but, if I said anything I'd get the grilling I don't want. I sued them, and am actually still, rehireable. If that is even a word!
And yes, I won.
Wal Mart is in the middle of all this sh*t people. They put in a major computer system in Jane, Mo, a few years back. They are tracking everyone that shops there. Damn TPTW! Wally World will still be, but as the old saying goes, "The Bigger You Are The Harder You Fall"! I know them all too well. And guess what? Hitlery use to be their lawyer. Just take it from there!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
The people that always make a big fuss about ''my check is good dag gonnit'' are exactly the people that bounce checks.

Open a bank account for crying out loud!
Lots of banks have NO FEE, NO MINIMUM accounts for checking and savings with online bill payment for free also.
You have heard of these things called bank accounts, right?

Many of the people who do not have bank accounts do not have them due to credit problems. Some of them have judgments against them and their cash would be seized if they opened an account. Sometimes banks won't let you open an account if you have bad credit.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by LurkMoarson

Why do you need Wal Mart for cashing checks?

I just find it odd you would say that you need this service from Wal Mart.

yeah really CHASE has banks all over the place, just open an account...they won't let chase fail...too much "power money" in them.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
We have a super walmart and they have never let us cash any type of pay check there.

I tried once about 9 years ago when I was working construction was home Sunday morning and had to leave that night for the next job site. Even back then they told me nope we don't cash checks, even though I had the owner of the construction company itself there with me (He' a relative of mine).

They have never cashed checks here.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure why people are on here venting about " HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF A CHECKING ACCOUNT" To me it seems like even if you are responsible the bank is going to do something stupid and say its your fault..
I just recently closed my account with Wachovia and Ive been stress free since! I hate banks and I refuse to pay them anymore for their mistakes and ploys to swindle me out of $25 here and $3 there! But that's not the point I guess. WalMart USED to cash any printed check..including printed payroll and it USED to be %3 but no more than $3. (YES I USED TO WORK FOR WALMART) But I went about a month ago to cash my 401K check and they said now they only cash GOV'T checks and its a flat $3 fee. That is in Lawrenceburg, IN. I just moved from Tampa, FL and the WalMarts down there only cash your check if you get one of those dumb a** Green Dot cards! But being SS is a GOV'T check I don't see why they wont cash it. WalMart as a whole is just gone to CRAP... I don't even shop there anymore really...the prices aren't at all what they used to be. But you have to understand it not in Walton family anymore as of a few years ago when the last Walton died. I'm a single mom and I used to swear by grocery shopping there but I don't anymore. And why pay $30-$40 dollars for jeans when you can go to the Mall and get better quality. UUghh..let me stop being long winded
The point is ..Walmart dont have the same people behind it and the new guys are getting greedy! Which I don't see why..its one of the single largest retail chains in the world and I think if they keep at this rate they will slowly see their demise like KMART!...

OH one more thing ...I just recently got a few forms in the mail about a Lawsuit that was settled against WalMart for not paying workers for their breaks! Its only $75 for each claim but damn right I'm taking my share from those jerks!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thats ok, walmart is no longer paying their workers with checks.. they are switching to the master card pre paid debit cards.. or direct deposit..
It should be effective in almost every store in a couple of weeks...

you get one free use, where you have the option to withdraw your money, otherwise its a $2 charge to use the card each time, plus the ATM fee's...

Talk about a scam... make more cash for the company.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My aunt is the assistant of the market manager (formerly known as district manager) for the walmart stores in this area and I asked her about this. She said that she hadn't heard anything about it at all. And I'm not saying that the OP is wrong... it's just that they're still cashing checks here in this part of Kentucky. I needed to go to walmart anyway and had a check that I needed cashed, so I decided see if they would do it. They cashed it without even a question. It was an unemployment check so since that would be government, it may not count.

My aunt is going to find out about what they are doing in other districts and other states and then I'll report back when she tells me what she finds out. Hopefully she'll find the reason the other stores are doing this.

Oh, and the store I'm talking about here does have a Woodforest bank in it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Not everyone has direct deposit- People are still cashing checks at the Super Markets, Wal-Mart, etc.

Isn't it time most people step into the 21st century. I also see many people writing checks in stores, when a debit card is free. What gives with these people??

I imagine that the cash advance places will still always cash a check.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
(canada) You can cash cheques at walmart?
Can walmart look and see if the cheques are good?
If not, i wouldn't cash them either if i were them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join