It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best documentary/tv show to convince someone that UFOs exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It seems that not many people i know actually believe in UFOs and are pretty shocked that I do if the topic arises. Rather than having to explain my view I would like to point them to a video to watch. Lets see if most people will agree on one or two that does a great job.

Best,
Z

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A close up view of the real thing usually takes care of the skeptics.

As for the rest, no clue. I haven't seen much lately. I still remember watching some "In search of" episodes when I was a kid. If I remember correctly that was the one narrated by Leonard Nimoy. There was a dramatazation called "Project Blue Book as well."

Nowdays seems like every show is the weakest evidence they can find followed up by a panel of experts to tell us how crazy it would be to take any of it seriously.

The web has thousands of pics and vids but most of them are obviously hoaxes and fakes.

I'd like to see a convincing show myself.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You'll have to probably wait until "I know what I saw" premiers on the History channel in about a month. That's supposed to be the best documentary about UFOs.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

I think personal experience works pretty well for most people until they listen to scepitcs long enough. As for any TV related programs, I liked the Taken Series as an example, even if it's suggested to be science fiction. It's probably based on some real life stories in some way.

Some or most evidence will never be enough for certain people. Maybe it's just too much to handle in their own world vision. So, who's really delusional?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
"Fire in the Sky" is a movie that was made about the book Communion. I found this book when I was 12 and a few years later they came out with the movie. Your typical abduction but the men who witnessed and were with Travis when he disappeared were all polygraphed about what they had seen and then the guy popped up like 3 weeks later.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Buy a Cheap Pair of Nightvision goggles on EBAY , go to a place with no light pollution & have them look up at the sky for an hour. If THAT doesn't do it nothing will.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jnewell33
"Fire in the Sky" is a movie that was made about the book Communion.

I think your mistaken, Communion was Whitley Streibers abduction account. However, fire in the sky was a great movie and does the event well. If you watch the movie, listen to the coast to coast interview directly after!

-E-

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

Originally posted by Jnewell33
"Fire in the Sky" is a movie that was made about the book Communion.

I think your mistaken, Communion was Whitley Streibers abduction account. However, fire in the sky was a great movie and does the event well. If you watch the movie, listen to the coast to coast interview directly after!

-E-

"Fire in the Sky" was Travis Walton.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here's a REALLY, really good one!

I liked it, at least.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I know of many great documentaries but none cover ALL the best cases, just direct whomever to the following ATS directory:

The ATS UFO/Alien Chronological Thread Directory

That should prove it to anyone somewhat intelligent.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
video.google.com...

this is a good one

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

I enjoyed this one .
Its a documentary with the actual cockpit recordings , between pilots and control towers.
With In-flight witnessing & reporting of U.F.O`s.

Black Box UFO's

Google Video Link

Stirs the curiousity .

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
wow, thanks for all of the responses, I was hoping there would be a general consensus that one or two out there are the best but I will be sure to check out all that have been recommended.

What led me down this path was recently viewing Dan Aykroyd - Unplugged on Ufo's. I thought it was pretty good because it covered so many different areas.

Google Video Link

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Honestly, I can't think of even one program or documentary that convinces anyone of anything regarding UFOs.

The problem with the premise of the OP is that it assumes people must be convinced of something that is already right before their eyes. I've seen 3 truly unexplainable UFOs in my life, and one of them was witnessed by about 20 other people in a supermarket parking lot. Amazingly, it was never reported in the news.

The question is not "Do UFOs Exist?" These things, by definition, do exist and have been seen and photographed by observers from every strata of society — civilians, police, military personnel, scientists, pilots, astronauts and at least one U.S. president have all admitted to seeing the things.

So UFOs certainly exist. They've been tracked by military radar, chased by our supersonic aircraft. The data is in. UFOs exist.

The real question hiding behind "Do UFOs Exist" is the very dangerous question "Are UFOs Extraterrestrial Craft?" I say dangerous because this question is used often to determine if you're a crackpot.

I know this because I'm acquainted with somebody who photographed a UFO and made national headlines a few years ago — for the sake of this post, this person shall remain nameless, as I have promised to respect this person's privacy. Anyway, this UFO witness was interviewed several times by different networks, and the first question they always asked was DO YOU BELIEVE IN UFOS?

That's the same as the loaded question "Do You Believe UFOs are Extraterrestrial Craft?" If you say yes, then you're a crackpot — or you will be made to appear as a crackpot by the time the interview is edited and reaches the television audience.

Because the fact is that there is no evidence that UFOs are extraterrestrial in origin. You cannot show me one piece of evidence that proves UFOs are from beyond this planet.

No, sorry, the anecdotal "alien abduction" narratives do not constitute proof of anything... except, perhaps, proof of the abductee's mental instability. Alien abduction stories are a dime-a-dozen — about 4 million Americans believe they've been abducted by aliens. I'd be interested to see how that number compares to the number of paranoid schizophrenics in the USA.

So, no, there's no evidence that UFOs are extraterrestrial. Identifying an unidentifiable object as "extraterrestrial" requires a leap of imagination, and a lot of people make the mistake of taking that leap.

My point is this: There is a stigma attached to saying "UFOs Exist," because you are, in effect, saying that you believe in UFOs as extraterrestrial craft piloted by little green men. Or Grays. Or whatever. You don't have to go into detail — you're labeled a crackpot as soon as you say "UFOs Exist."

As this pertains to the OP, there has never been a serious TV program or documentary on UFOs that doesn't beat around the bush and ultimately ends with a line like We may never know the truth or The answer may lie somewhere between fact and fiction or something equally stupid and intentionally ambiguous. I really think that the producers of such shows do not want to commit to taking a hard and fast position on the subject, risking their credibility.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 8/27/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
good question ill take a look and get back to ya

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I don't remember the name of the show, but I recall watching one that focused just on "trace evidence" cases. It was pretty convincing. They only discussed UFO cases were actual physical evidence was left behind, like burn marks on the ground, trees, or people.

Also UFOs in ancient art are pretty compelling. A lot of skeptics think UFOs are purely a recent phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Although this video is not the newest I found "UFOs are real" to be one of the best documentaries on the topic .

video.google.de...

After watching this no one can deny the existence of UFOs

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
wish i could point out one vid but.. there's just so many

evidence comes from every corner of the planet, ever country, every civilization going back to adam and eve

suppose my best suggestion would be buy them a dvd of StarTrek due November 17th

got mine on preorder

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

thanks for the correction...once again just to lazy to do my homework, lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
well, I can say that Fire in the Sky didn't really make me "believe", I believe regardless. It sure did give me nightmares though. I can't watch the abduction scene without almost pissing my pants still.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join