It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many basic alien races are there eben gray?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You Know that something is wrong when wild speculative threads like this get more attention than the one linked in my sig

but I digress , what you are all assuming is the fantasy stylings of Gene Roddenberry and not that of a logical hypothesis

please explain why aliens are basically us and not some other form or shape?

Oxygen and nitrogen aren't necessarily the only way for blahbalh blah

ok so basically I am asking for some kind of theoretical explanation that isn't based on popular sci fi

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Originally posted by Davood

You Know that something is wrong when wild speculative threads like this get more attention than the one linked in my sig

I have personally not seen your thread, other than a brief overview just now. From that it looks well presented.
But I do not think it is necessary to bash this thread however.

but I digress , what you are all assuming is the fantasy stylings of Gene Roddenberry and not that of a logical hypothesis

please explain why aliens are basically us and not some other form or shape?

Oxygen and nitrogen aren't necessarily the only way for blahbalh blah

ok so basically I am asking for some kind of theoretical explanation that isn't based on popular sci fi

Luckily for you I have one semi-recent thread about the feasibility of such creatures, as well another debate about intelligent ET life, which touches greatly on your "chemicals for life" and " Anti-Earth-like life" argument
:

• On The Feasibility of Greys

• Challenge Match: Does Intelligent ET Life Exist Somewhere Else In The Universe?

I believe those two threads should adequately answer your query.

• posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:03 PM
    link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
    Hilarious, 57(Right?) races and all humanoid, bipedal unoriginal spiritual god loving BS creations.

Go away.

Now can I ask you this?

In YOUR opinion why would the nature of the Universe differ from the obvious successful bi-pedal format we see here on Earth? Not to mention, what if WE come from THEM? Also, what if THEY are US? Do not be so quick to throw down things such as this.

Now I ask you THIS, why, in a universe of seemingly unlimited potential and possibilities, would ALL or even ANY alien races look even remotely similar to us? What about beings based on other chemistry then carbon? We wouldn't even be able to imagine what they would start to look like, let alone get a good image in our heads of what they may. It's just so silly to me when people automatically assume aliens are going to be upright bipedal humanoids, seriously, WHY? Because, WE are, and that's ALL we can imagine. We can't imagine aliens looking anything other then ourselves simply because we haven't seen such things with our own eyes to get any other different opinions.

Before you tell me to open my mind, maybe you should work on opening yours.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:03 PM
    link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
    reply to post by William One Sac

The time travel theory is a VERY interesting postulate my friend. My best friend thinks that is true, I disagree, but none-the-less it holds weight. The only thing that makes me personally lean towards the ET theory is the countless abductee and 'whistleblower' reports. I do not know if there is a "Grey Alien: Time Travelers or ETs" thread, but I might have to make one, lol....

I consider two things on this question:

1. Consider the relatively humanoid bipedal form of the grays. The chances of an ET lifeform evolving so similarly to our own, while not impossible, seems like a stretch.
    2. Granted we have a lot to learn about physics, but with our limited knowledge we already know how to travel forward in time, so maybe backwards time travel isn't impossible for super evolved descendants of us. You could argue that we might figure out interstellar travel too (or the grays already have) but even if we could create a wormhole, the physics problems of interstellar travel seem greater than those of time travel.

I don't know if there even ARE any grays, but if there are, my first guess would be time travelers of our descendants, but who knows?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:58 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Again, I will refer any skeptics of the 'common bi-pedal' theory to the following links (and these are just mine
    )

• On The Feasibility of Greys

• Challenge Match: Does Intelligent ET Life Exist Somewhere Else In The Universe?

Thanks for your input

• posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:53 PM
    link   
    reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks for the links, I guess I need to read up a little!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:22 AM
    link   
    These portals may actually be as small as a marble sized implant in someones body or skull. We always confuse time travel as being physical. These entities may even be programs or copies within these implants and act as guardians. Many "special" "chosen" people may actually be carriers of these small portals.

It's as if they have our worlds future planned out and many peoples lives here as well. Some people supposedly also have cloned back-ups.

A species capable of manipulating DNA and shapeshifting....or the illusion of, can probably give the illusion of several different species. Such as around the world.

Just as with mind control, they may actually look nothing like what we believe they do.

Just like in the one episode of Star Trek, a puppet is used. Which was really obvious on that show.

With their ability of mind control, we may actually become the stop action camera and maybe why so many abductee etc. have dry burning eyes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join