It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. helicopter accidentally dumps Afghan ballot boxes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Accident my ass.

Come on, who is buying this, really?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargon of Akkad

jd140 apparently.

If they dumped all the boxes they would look even more stupid than they do. They are only wiling to make themselves look so stupid, so half.

They need to at least appear to make an effort to recover the boxes, otherwise they look more incompetent than they are. making 1/4 of votes vanish is unfathomably incompetent.

If America ain't shooting their allies they're making a mockery of democracy. The sooner the US goes to the wall the better as I'm not sure how much more idiocy this world can take.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

I do and I have come up with why I think it was an accident.

Until someone can show a plausible scenerio as to why they dumped some of them and not all(which I doubt you could do on purpose) and then send troops to gather them.

I will stick with it was an accident.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by quackers

I do and I have come up with why I think it was an accident.

Until someone can show a plausible scenerio as to why they dumped some of them and not all(which I doubt you could do on purpose) and then send troops to gather them.

I will stick with it was an accident.

Well, we'll see when the newly "elected" pro-American government comes in, much to the chagrin of the Afghan people who will have undoubtably wanted the anti-American party.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Okay...

This is not incompetence, this is vote rigging.

They want to control who will be in power, and rigging the vote is the easiest and most cost-effective way to do that.

Seriously, after everything America has done over the last nine years is anyone really surprised, and does anyone actually believe a single world the U.S. Govt. says about ANYTHING any more?

You can guarantee the vast majority of people outside of the U.S. are now shaking their heads in amazement. Not that they are incompetent enough to allow something like this to happen, but that so many Americans simply refuse to wake up to the fact that their Govt. is is manipulating the world (including the American people) for their own gain.

The ignorance, and its associated apathy, is truly astounding.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I don't think it was done on purpose. Going to be some paranoid people over there now that the Taliban has some of their info on who voted and whatever other personal info that was there. Didn't they promise to sever the ink stained fingers of those that voted.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

A rugged mountain range is the worst possible place to have something fall out of the Helicopter. Sure they recovered some. Sure the votes had already been counted and included in the final tally.

Nevertheless...the election is very close and the winner will probably have a margin of victory that could be overcome by what...? the amount of votes that would be carried in 10 ballot boxes.

I suppose though you would be an excellent boss to have...no matter how much your employees screw up...you'd pat them on the back and say it's okay dude, you did your best. Democracy is a hard sell because of things like missing ballot boxes. Wars take longer to fight and cost more money...guess what this arm chair quarterback has that the Abott and Costello helicopter pilot don't have...Money. So, when you get through supporting the military remember who's money they are over their dropping out of helicopters accidently.

I have more of a Darth Vader management style. No excuses! This is just the excuse Abdullah Abdullah will need to be a pain in my a$$.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The funny thing about conspiracies is that to me, they rarely seem 'plausible.' The article was pretty clear that yeah, they Dumped them all, but they recovered half of them.
Call me a cynic, but I'd bet you five bucks that the ones they 'recovered' support the US's president of choice....by at least 9 to 1.
I don't think anyone really expects fair elections there anyway. It's just the usual puppet propping ceremony.
The government manipulating the lives of those in foreign countries and the military taking the heat for it. Same crap, different day.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

I really don't care what type of boss you think you would be.

Most likely a strap broke, nobodys fault. You can talk big and bad if you want.

I'm still waiting on someone to come up with a plausible scenerio.

All you said was "blah, blah if I was boss heads would roll".

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

No they dumped 25 out of 50 from 1 sling harness and recovered 15 of the 25.

That is why I think it was an accident. Nobody can tell me how they only dumped 25 and not all 50.

But I forgot that we were talking about the United States Military. So it must have been done on purpose. Those 25 boxes were picked to be dumped and the 15 they recovered was switched with 15 fake ballot boxes.

Bush is still pulling the strings behind the scenes so that once his master plan has played out he will finally become the dictator everyone thought he would be. Obama will turn out to be Bin Laden and crap on the American flag at a live press conferance. The truth about 9/11 will come to light and show that Bush Sr. was the person who coordinated everything and actually shot a missile at the Pentagon.

Did I get everything.....................................Oh yes, the world is run by Reptilians.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This might be old news, but on the Aussie tv news, Afghans were claiming ballot papers which didn't favour Kharzai (sp?) had been ripped and dumped, as shown in video that seemed to have been obtained by camera phone. Also shown were hidden-camera shots of Kharzai's people frantically filling in hundreds of ballot papers

Wondering now if the ripped and dumped ballot papers were some of those recovered from the accidental drop from the helicopter

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Surely for a democratic election to take place now ballot boxes are confirmed missing they would have to run the entire thing again. How can anyone claim to have won with boxes missing that could change the outcome?

Of course i don't believe a true democratic election could be held either way, not in a country with so much corruption.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

A plausible answer...someone is trying to sabatoge America's effort in Afghanistan...they don't want a definitive and accepted outcome to the election...so they ordered some of their operatives to accidently lose some ballots.

The point of the enemy, who is obviously operating to some extent, within our own forces, is to defeat our efforts or to make the adventure as expensive as possible. If democracy is part of our product, they do something like take a crap all over the democratic process...by losing people's votes.

Think about Florida's votes or Ohio's Votes...the votes wouldn't change the ultimate outcome but people don't like the idea of their voice being silenced. But its cool with you its not that many votes. Sure, these people, in Afghanistan, risked being murdered by the extremeists to go to polling stations. No big deal; quit armchair quaterbacking.

You should be the first person fired, you're ^%*^% and your thinking process gets people killed and it puts at risk 8 years of work. Every vote has to be counted and not lost and it is a big deal. People like you in the leadership is probably why it's taking so long. You're more concerned with the reputation of your troops than the job itself.

I guess it doesn't matter because Karzai and his Hat will be in a run-off in October. Maybe they can get that loser and whoever's supporting him out of power then.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Unfortunately, I believe you are spot on in your analysis. We are being set up and no one seems to notice or care.

Move along peeps, nothing to see here.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It was clear that we were being set up 7 years ago. 12th man on the team is just realizing this now.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

You raise a very good point, something like this happening is a pretty high profile slip up for the military and it reflects on them quite badly. Something like this happening could be down to a single person in reality, its not hard to bribe somebody to "lose" something and make it look like an accident.

It would work to the benefit of many different groups to have more negative things to say about the US military in Afghanistan, recruiting people for one based on their anger. How many people would be pissed off and consider joining when a group tells them "They even lost your votes, ending any chance for real democracy here" or "This proves they are trying to rig our election".

As you say many people who would have voted would have done so in fear, many civilians would have also been through very hard times due to the war and probably thought of this as a real chance for changing things for the better. On the whole my guess is it will increase hostility towards the US from both civilians and resistance fighters.

If it was an accident, its a very unfortunate one and its made things even more difficult imo. If an accident did not occur and it was planned, i feel sorry for the civilian population who would of wanted a fair outcome and a change for the better, having doubt cast on the fairness would be very demoralizing imo.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

I don't believe in accidents. I believe in sabotage. I believe that there are calling themselves Americans that are assisting the enemy. An accident would have been an American humvee flip over while driving in rough weather in Southern Afghanistan and nothing about the election is affected. Sabotage is losing 10 boxes full of ballots in a rare, critical and hard fought Afghan election.

July and August have tied for the deadliest months to date in the Afghan war, which means that someone has decided to let the Taliban, or whatever the enemy calls itself, score some points. The sabotage allows them to score even more.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

You got a point there. If the U.S. wins in Afghanistan, we have no excuse to stay there.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

When we win in Afghanistan...we won't be fighting any wars for a long time. Someone wants this thing to drag on and on for reason's known only to them.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
reply to post by deltaboy

When we win in Afghanistan...we won't be fighting any wars for a long time. Someone wants this thing to drag on and on for reason's known only to them.

Good point. It would be hard for America to wage another war for a while. I haven't thought about that. The war machine has to make it's money somewhere though. This will be dragged out for a very long time indeed.

Unless we are attacked of course.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join