It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we thank black Americans?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

lol

"My life sucks as a Black American"

No

Your life just sucks

And you chose to decide it's because your a Black American

When your ready, perhaps one day you will look inward and find the real reasons your life sucks.

I'll give you a hint that I can simply know with knowing nothing else...

Pssssttt It's not the color of your skin

Maybe you were born in a racist Community

I'm from Brooklyn originally, trust me it happens to White People too

Maybe your poor and money is hard right now...

Join the club...

Maybe the cops bust your chops

Yeah me too

Question is what have you done about it?

Have you moved? Gone to school... are you willing to work 2 jobs?

All I can assure you of is this...

There are places in America where a brother might be stereotyped and have it harder in life and then there are Brothers sitting in University's or Cutting records... being Idolized...

I've known both

and I've known Both among white people too

and it's about CHOICE Where and Who you choose to be

sometimes we make wrong choices, I sure Have... but I don't run around blaming the world for my dumb choices... (well sometimes I do) but I know better...

There are stupid people all over the place... and some people will always trip, it doesn't mean you have to trip with them...

The one thing I assure you is...

Successful people really hate by race... sure you find them, but they are the minority in the minority of the successful

Spend your time around others in your circumstance they will feed you this bs...

Spend your time and pick and choose by Quality not skin color and you'll watch race vanish...mostly at least

I happen to be poor again at the moment... I wont stay that way long, my skin color has nothing to do it with it... Brains are recognized inevitably no matter what circumstances you find yourself...

and some of your lines

"Obama is a fake whatever...not Black"

"You don't know because your not Black..."

No i'm just a Jew brought up in a Black neighborhood lol

and You can rag JEW JEW JEW in here.... and not be banned EVER, people come in here and talk all sorts of extermination stuff lol...

But try saying the N word lol BANNED

And I've been white in a Black school... and I did just fine, because... I chose smart Brothers to hang out with...

Not Ghetto Punks acting like Idiots

Whole worlds a different place when you look from a different angle... stop the Hate and start doing and thinking and see what happens...

Maybe one day you'll be President laughing when other Brothers say your not Black Because your successful...

Maybe Oprah isn't really Black too... You know the Big lady with the Army of White Women that buy anything she asks them too...

Stop hating White people... and saying ridiculous stuff , see what happens

You admit life sucks already? So what can happen if YOU change? Can it get worse?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

Why would we thank them? None of the population alive today endured that time.

They can claim it all they want, but slavery has nothing to do with the black people i this country today.

Much like we cannot blame the Japanese of today for Pearl Harbor (Well except those few that are alive from that time)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by EMPIRE

Your post is full of ignorance and misconceptions, and since you obviously need correction, I'll take my time to address every bit of it.

Yeah Mr Optimist, they will never dominate sports or music be major TV and Movie stars a black woman will never be the richest entertainer for females nor will a Black man ever be President

Blacks don't dominate sports, blacks are the majority players in some sports but they don't dominate sports. Also you may refer to me as EMPIRE no need to resort to sarcasm. Can you list all the sports teams owned by blacks? How many stadiums do blacks own? Can you list the number of major sports organizations that have black presidents? THIS is "domination", keep that in mind when you reply.

Concerning the music industry LOL! Blacks comprise one of the largest groups in the music industry, yet how many are in control of their own masters and publishing? How much wealth do they actually control? Are any of the top 5 labels or distributors controlled by blacks? Are any of the top recording studios that constantly crank out platinum records owned by blacks?

Movie stars, ah yes, any black guys pulling strings at Warner Bros? How about at Fox? Any blacks in charge of WAG or SAG? How about the MPAA?

Concerning Oprah, the globalist pawn and new age mammy, she is just that, a pawn. Her core demographic is white women, not blacks, and one black woman out of millions is not an accurate representation of blacks being fully accepted in this country. In fact, NONE of the things you listed can be described as such.

nor will a Black man ever be President

It hasn't happened so far.

Certainly Black Men will never have any luck with White Women let alone be accepted by them...

Black men, or any men, don't have "luck" with white women or any women for that matter. Women are either attracted to you or they aren't, they either choose you or they don't, it has nothing to do with luck. However, are you familiar with the various studies and research pertaining to interracial dating and marriage? Probably not.

I'm out.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Genfinity

Why would we thank them? None of the population alive today endured that time.

They can claim it all they want, but slavery has nothing to do with the black people i this country today.

Much like we cannot blame the Japanese of today for Pearl Harbor (Well except those few that are alive from that time)

Are you familiar with psychology?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
In this country, blacks will never be fully accepted or recognized.

With that attitude, you're probably right.

Things are a lot better than they used to be, no?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by EMPIRE
In this country, blacks will never be fully accepted or recognized.

With that attitude, you're probably right.

Things are a lot better than they used to be, no?

No, with my attitude more and more people will start to wake up. In regards to your question, that depends on your definition of "things", what you consider "better", and what time period you refer to when you say "used to be."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join