It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vandalism at Democratic headquarters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
www.850koa.com...

A 24-year-old arrested this morning on suspicion of smashing 11 windows at Colorado Democratic Party headquarters tried to conceal his identity while allegedly committing the crime, according to police descriptions.

While Schwenkler does not appear in the state’s voter registration database, a person by that name in November 2008 received $500 from a political 527 committee called Colorado Citizens Coalition for “communications,” according to campaign finance disclosures.

The accountant for the 527 appears to be the same woman who handles the books for many other Democratic-leaning political committees.

State Democratic Party Chairwoman Pat Waak initially blamed the vandalism on animosity surrounding the health care debate, though Denver police declined to comment on possible motives.

Does this make anyone else think of the swastika that showed up on Democratic Congressman David Scott's Sign After Health Care Town Hall - 08/11/09? Many of us instantly thought this might have also been a setup. Especially considering the media attention it got and how it played right in to their narrative that Town all protesters are "right wing racists".

This was used by the media and the Chairwoman in the same way, to attack American citizens as unhinged ideologues. I wonder when she'll apologize and the MSM will cover the story?

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

It's great that they are paying people to vandalize there property so that they can claim it is right wing extremists.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Does this make anyone else think of the swastika that showed up on Democratic Congressman David Scott's Sign After Health Care Town Hall -

Uh, no. Sounds like a small time, bike riding neighborhood vandal.
I think the "suspected culprit" might have some deeper issues......(below)

Your source is a riot. They appear to have Barney Fife as a staff writer. The typos are horrendous and quotes hilarious. Here’s a classic from your source:

When he approached, they took off on bicycles.

Wonder if it was a boys or girls bike?

What, no one got a tag number? Couldn’t they shoot the tires out?

A couple of neighborhood vandals smash some windows and you suspect they are Jr. Watergate perps planted by Dems.

AN EXCITING UPDATE:

24-year-old Maurice Scwenkler's bail set a $5,000. Friends refer to suspect as "her" rather than "him".

Reminds me of that Steve Miller song.....
“Some people call me Maurice, cause I speak of the pompitus of love."

Swenkler and another suspect who remains at-large.......He worked at a bicycle cooperative that is just a few blocks away from the crime scene.

Friends who know him showed up at court on Wednesday and refered to Schwenkler as a "her".  Denver police say the suspect is a man. So far, no one is saying excatly what his motive was for breaking the wiindows.

www.850koa.com...

Then I started thinking, what kind of Radio station is this? They seem like a bunch of nut-job morons. Then I discover their biggest celebrity host.......

www.850koa.com...

LOL Too funny. "Breaking (windows) News?”

[edit on 26-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

The AP is reporting essentially the same thing.

An act of vandalism at Colorado Democratic headquarters that shattered windows next to signs about health care reform took a strange turn Wednesday when it was revealed that one of the suspects was a Democratic activist.

Link

For my part, I don't think the Denver Democratic party put him up to it in this particular instance. This one seems truly random. That said, I think both sides definitely are willing to go to great lengths to make the other look bad, including vandalizing their own property and planting idiots in the crowds of otherwise reasonable demostrations and protests.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by vor78]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Thanks for the interesting update.

I agree with your summation in this case.

Heck, I'm more curious to see if Maurice is a 'pointer' or 'squatter' at this point.

Plus.......escaping on bikes.
Don't those cops have tasers yet?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Escaping on bikes isn't as uncommon as you might think, given the fact that road cycles and track cycles are now the norm in metropolitan areas. If this were the case, any regular rider of the two types of bicycles, could easily out maneuver an individual on foot, and depending on the environment, a car.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
Escaping on bikes isn't as uncommon as you might think, given the fact that road cycles and track cycles are now the norm in metropolitan areas.

I seriously understand your point and agree, but when I think of it, I see...........

I suppose a skateboard is also a suitable mechanism to evade law enforcement officers.

At least you could carry your window smashing hammer in one hand, unlike on a bike.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Uh, no. Sounds like a small time, bike riding neighborhood vandal.
I think the "suspected culprit" might have some deeper issues......(below)

Right, it just so happens to follow a pattern of democrats being "victims" of tose crazy right wingers. I think this is pretty obviously an attempt to frame Republicans for actions they have nothing to do with.

Your source is a riot. They appear to have Barney Fife as a staff writer. The typos are horrendous and quotes hilarious. Here’s a classic from your source:

What a huge surprise. Only Fox is carrying the story.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

FOX NEWS, Sean Hannity and Michelle Malkin. HA HA HA HA

The "good", the bad and the ugly.
Where's Coulter?

Woo hoo. Big scoop, hardly a Watergate. Some 24 year old (s)he on a bike.

It appears your partisanship consumes you.

Regards...Kurious

[edit on 27-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I heard this on the talk radio station this morning before work. The broadcaster stated that a Democrat Chairwoman, (forget the name), was specifically blaming the GOP for the vandalism. She said it was a "right-wing" job and a bunch of other garbage.

Then they found out the vandal worked for the democratic comittee!

Talk about a slap in the face. The woman won't even apologize!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It appears your partisanship consumes you.

Regards...Kurious

Let me get this straight. Since none of the other MSM outlets carried the story, "partisanship consumes me"? Are you sure its not you who is consumed by partisanship? You're the one making all kinds of assumptions, because I supplied links of the only news outlet to cover this story.

FOX NEWS, Sean Hannity and Michelle Malkin. HA HA HA HA

The "good", the bad and the ugly. Where's Coulter?

Its only legitimate news if its Chris Mathews, or David Gregory right?

Its pretty clear that you're trying to derail this thread by attacking the messenger. Why don't you just find another thread and let the adults talk here?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I love the Pee Wee Herman bike. Why are you trying to marginalize what these maroons did?

Why poke fun of the fact that a bike was used in the crime?

The majority of city and college campus police departments rely on the efficient and highly effective use of mountain bikes in a patrol situation. Quick, quiet, and highly maneuverable.

I suppose that you wouldn't have much to say if the story came from Huffington or Daily Kos.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

www.850koa.com...

A 24-year-old arrested this morning on suspicion of smashing 11 windows at Colorado Democratic Party headquarters tried to conceal his identity while allegedly committing the crime, according to police descriptions.

While Schwenkler does not appear in the state’s voter registration database, a person by that name in November 2008 received $500 from a political 527 committee called Colorado Citizens Coalition for “communications,” according to campaign finance disclosures.

The accountant for the 527 appears to be the same woman who handles the books for many other Democratic-leaning political committees.

State Democratic Party Chairwoman Pat Waak initially blamed the vandalism on animosity surrounding the health care debate, though Denver police declined to comment on possible motives.

Does this make anyone else think of the swastika that showed up on Democratic Congressman David Scott's Sign After Health Care Town Hall - 08/11/09? Many of us instantly thought this might have also been a setup. Especially considering the media attention it got and how it played right in to their narrative that Town all protesters are "right wing racists".

This was used by the media and the Chairwoman in the same way, to attack American citizens as unhinged ideologues. I wonder when she'll apologize and the MSM will cover the story?

Reminds me of the Reichstag fire in miniature. A wise uncle told me many years ago that politics only looked left/right if you were fairly close to the center. It was actually a circle, and extreme left and right intersected. I guess this is how hard-core leftists in the Democratic Party (most Dems are not extreme) are comfortable using Nazi-like tactics. In the final analysis, if one subtracts racism from Nazism, you are left with Stalinism.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

www.850koa.com...

uhhmm...so how does this accountant connect to the vandalism??? this story is missing that connection...shocker (yawn)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'll gleefully withold any further posts here until this story plays out.

Innocent until proven guilty, right?

I simply found the details surrounding the window smashing, bicycle riding, gender confused suspect rather interesting.

Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy and I agree the Dem lady appears to have made premature false accusations.

I'll button it until further details arise, I got other fish to fry and "I'm on thin ice." Sound fair?

Toodles....Kurious

[edit on 27-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Why poke fun of the fact that a bike was used in the crime?

The majority of city and college campus police departments rely on the efficient and highly effective use of mountain bikes in a patrol situation. Quick, quiet, and highly maneuverable.

In fact, Denver and northern Colorado in general is very bicycle friendly.
I guess you could make the same generalization by asking someone who lives and works in New York City why they don't own a car?

new topics

top topics

join