It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato suffers deadliest year in Afghanistan since 2001 invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

International forces have suffered the bloodiest year in Afghanistan since 2001 after four United States soldiers were killed in a bomb blast.

The latest deaths push the death toll of Nato-led coalition to 295 troops in less than eight months. The death toll for the whole of last year was 294.

Violence has escalated in the traditional Taliban fighting season this summer, just as thousands of additional international troops moved into the country.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Nato is never going to win this war, eventualy they are going to leave defeated like the russians where.
If some one small like me can figure this out than sure some smart people at the top must know.

It is resession time and these far away wars are bleeding the western countries of their last money.
At least the taxpayers i mean.
Some big shots at the top must be making some serious heroin money from the new opium route for as long as it lasts.

Such a waste of lives on all sides.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Indeed, get them out.

We wont win this war and its not fair on our troops to be sent out there for a reason which is not valid.

R.I.P to all my friends i have lost but not forgotten.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think it's as much out of 'their' control as it is ours. Our government can no more 'bring the boys (and girls) home' than we as citizens can.
The more I see of this, the more I am convinced that they KNOW they can't 'win' in Afghanistan. But even as our troops are dying, since someone is playing both sides of ALL the wars, we die and get more poor and the ones really pulling the strings get even more rich.
It's all destined. We can't interrupt it, or stop it, or change it. It will be as it will be, regardless of our disdain.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
To me it seems these wars are designed to runs the western armies down and bleed them of their last resourses and man power.
For the US it looks this way.

It makes me think of the way hitler marched his armies to death in russia.

top topics

join