It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Barney Frank supports Auditing the Fed!

page: 1
9

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm actually shocked by this. Wonder what changed his mind? It would seem we're getting closer to busting the Fed wide open.



In addition, Frank hopes to secure congressional auditing authority over the secretive Federal Reserve, a proposal he describes with phrases - “Ron Paul agrees with that’’ and “secondly, Ron Paul agrees with this’’ - that are jarring coming from a liberal Democrat. He comes close to smiling when describing his narrow alliance with the cranky Texas libertarian and former presidential candidate who is on the committee and whose distrust for the Federal Reserve has led him to propose abolishing the paper money system.

“I am boasting about this,’’ said Frank. “Being chairman of the committee is different than being an individual member. Your job is to try to get public policy that is going to be workable.’’



www.boston.com...




posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21
 


AHH HAA!

Lets see how many people will ignore this thread???

I bet ALL/MOST of the "constitutionalists" will pretend this is not here.

OK "constitutionalists",,, you and your elephant waddle away... Ya keep walking...



Good thread all my BS aside - I am against the FED and I am an evil Libral NOTCI.









[edit on 26-8-2009 by mental modulator]



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I really don't care for Frank and I don't agree with the whole liberal mindset, but I do like posting something positive about people I disagree wtih, I'm weird that way. Ron Paul and Frank have actually worked together on many items such as not regulating internet gambling and legalizing Marijuana. I like it when people on two opposite spectrums can agree on something, gives me a little bit of hope in our system.

Hopefully this will the first crack in the dam holding this bill back and we can finally see what the Fed has been up to.



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator
 


MM...Bernie Sanders has the companion bill in the Senate S604. I've brought it up a few times in various threads. He's the only self proclaimed Socialist (Independent Liberal) that I'm aware of..and he is also aligned with Ron Paul on this. Many Democrats are lined up with this one and I hope it sticks to it's current form with no added amendments...which we all need to be wary of.

This is a non partisan issue...it's stupid if people try to make it one. I do admit...I don't trust Barney Frank...but then again..I don't trust most anyone in Congress either.

He should have never waited as long as he did to speak up. The majority of people in the House have already co-sponsored HR 1207. He should have done it long ago...but at least he did it...and it's good news.

Like I stated though...let's hope it stays in it's current form. Anyone who tries to water it down should be held accountable at all costs.



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by mental modulator
 


MM...Bernie Sanders has the companion bill in the Senate S604. I've brought it up a few times in various threads. He's the only self proclaimed Socialist (Independent Liberal) that I'm aware of..and he is also aligned with Ron Paul on this. Many Democrats are lined up with this one and I hope it sticks to it's current form with no added amendments...which we all need to be wary of.

This is a non partisan issue...it's stupid if people try to make it one. I do admit...I don't trust Barney Frank...but then again..I don't trust most anyone in Congress either.

He should have never waited as long as he did to speak up. The majority of people in the House have already co-sponsored HR 1207. He should have done it long ago...but at least he did it...and it's good news.

Like I stated though...let's hope it stays in it's current form. Anyone who tries to water it down should be held accountable at all costs.


I AGREE!

We have to get it together - this would be a great start

even IF it shows we are worse off (could you imagine D ? )

We can see who is the real deal with this thread...

Check back and see who else supports this, cause it speaks of what me and SG used to get at during the TEA parties - our suspicions of motive, pretenders etc...

Anyhow this is a good bridge to cross regardless!






[edit on 26-8-2009 by mental modulator]



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator
 





I AGREE! We have to get it together - this would be a great start even IF it shows we are worse off (could you imagine D ? ) We can see who is the real deal with this thread... Check back and see who else supports this, cause it speaks of what me and SG used to get at during the TEA parties - our suspicions of motive, pretenders etc... Anyhow this is a good bridge to cross regardless!


Absolutely. This is one issue everyone should be able to agree on. We may be worse off in the short run with an audit..but it's something that is necessary to start weeding out the corruption.

What obama is doing appointing bernanke (7 trillion dollars unaccounted for! and former Bushie) and appointing a former union leader? as chairman of the fed of new york....people need to start asking questions.

I have been trying hard to stray from partisan politics. If we all don't get our crap together soon....well...we deserve it.

Myself, I don't want to see a single bill pass..(besides this one)....until we have campaign finance reform.

The future is grim and it won't change unless we all come together for a common goal....and this is a great way to do it!



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by mental modulator
 





I AGREE! We have to get it together - this would be a great start even IF it shows we are worse off (could you imagine D ? ) We can see who is the real deal with this thread... Check back and see who else supports this, cause it speaks of what me and SG used to get at during the TEA parties - our suspicions of motive, pretenders etc... Anyhow this is a good bridge to cross regardless!


Absolutely. This is one issue everyone should be able to agree on. We may be worse off in the short run with an audit..but it's something that is necessary to start weeding out the corruption.

What obama is doing appointing bernanke (7 trillion dollars unaccounted for! and former Bushie) and appointing a former union leader? as chairman of the fed of new york....people need to start asking questions.

I have been trying hard to stray from partisan politics. If we all don't get our crap together soon....well...we deserve it.

Myself, I don't want to see a single bill pass..(besides this one)....until we have campaign finance reform.

The future is grim and it won't change unless we all come together for a common goal....and this is a great way to do it!


Well we should make the finance reform the movement -

We keep getting distracted and I don't see how either side could politicize such a thing.

Really, we could ALL easily work together on this issue, I mean there are no sides
to be taken.

WE fund all elections, ALL federal elections - I mean even if it cost 20 billion dollars
an election it is just a drop in the hat compared to what we suffer.

And I agree Obama has lost his frickin mind with some of his crap -

I mean all this energy being used on both sides is predictable I guess. But it is a very obvious move for those who want "change"
is finance reform -





[edit on 26-8-2009 by mental modulator]



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
May be he is on the right track or may be he is trying to keep his rear in the seat he sits in.
He may be thinking if this is what it takes to keeps him in office he will do it you know how some poly ticks are.



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
May be he is on the right track or may be he is trying to keep his rear in the seat he sits in.
He may be thinking if this is what it takes to keeps him in office he will do it you know how some poly ticks are.


I don't frankly care about motives in this case, its our frickin money...
ANYONE who supports this has the right idea IMHO.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by mental modulator]



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator
 





And I agree Obama has lost his frickin mind with some of his crap


I forgot to add this....Jeff Immelt (CEO of GE) is now on the board of the New York Federal Reserve as well....he's also an advisor to Obama. And you know as well that GE owns NBC and MSNBC...overly crazily strong Obama supporters.

This is a huge red flag. GE has also received BILLIONS of dollars from the Federal Reserve.

It's so damn corrupt. People need to wake up to this and quit talking about GD birth certificates and how Obama wants to kill whitey.

Damn people just look at the FED and GE!!! You can't complain about Halliburton and ignore this. Hold him accountable! Hold them all accountable...both the Bush AND the Obama administration.

Cripes.


On a side note....I think I have swine flu. j/k


[edit on 26-8-2009 by David9176]



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by mental modulator
 





And I agree Obama has lost his frickin mind with some of his crap


I forgot to add this....Jeff Immelt (CEO of GE) is now on the board of the New York Federal Reserve as well....he's also an advisor to Obama. And you know as well that GE owns NBC and MSNBC...overly crazily strong Obama supporters.

This is a huge red flag. GE has also received BILLIONS of dollars from the Federal Reserve.

It's so damn corrupt. People need to wake up to this and quit talking about GD birth certificates and how Obama wants to kill whitey.

Damn people just look at the FED and GE!!! You can't complain about Halliburton and ignore this. Hold him accountable! Hold them all accountable...both the Bush AND the Obama administration.

Cripes.


On a side note....I think I have swine flu. j/k


[edit on 26-8-2009 by David9176]


Well it seems to me this is how it works... and its a pile.

I can't ignore it, they all have their hands in the cookie jar -

I wonder how it all works, the real low down...

Like I said before things will swing the other way - and evidently be the same ole same ole.

Anyhow this is a corporation/government love fest as you said it, clear as day.

Welp, I'm off to my Communist Manifesto reading/discussion group
but I really can't wait for the fried bald eagle and biscuit dinner afterwards.

good luck on the bird flu

PS.if you get time (with the new addition) you should watch the CIA,BUSH and MAFIA video in the members section. Not because it is about BUSH 1, but because I think it gives great insight to this kind of stuff. The S&L scandal seems to be a test run for much of this crap, I recommend the video from and intellectual POV.


Bless you and yours



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator
 





PS.if you get time (with the new addition) you should watch the CIA,BUSH and MAFIA video in the members section. Not because it is about BUSH 1, but because I think it gives great insight to this kind of stuff. The S&L scandal seems to be a test run for much of this crap, I recommend the video from and intellectual POV.


I'll check it out. I have watched a few vids on some of that stuff. TO be honest..I don't think I've had a TRUE President since I've been alive.

I wonder what it's like to have a real government?



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by mental modulator
 





PS.if you get time (with the new addition) you should watch the CIA,BUSH and MAFIA video in the members section. Not because it is about BUSH 1, but because I think it gives great insight to this kind of stuff. The S&L scandal seems to be a test run for much of this crap, I recommend the video from and intellectual POV.


I'll check it out. I have watched a few vids on some of that stuff. TO be honest..I don't think I've had a TRUE President since I've been alive.

I wonder what it's like to have a real government?


I don't think it is really possible if you want my honest opinion, I really don't.
This has been the problem with society since the dawn of man, same thing happens,
but it just finds a different way to infect the system.

I mean we have replaced the aristocrats that we escaped in England with Walmart and GE.

The reason it happens over and over is because money is power and power is MONEY
look at the right and left

Big Government = POWER = liberal VS Corporation= MONEY = conservative

That is why I think LIBERAL and CONSERVATIVE is a natural thing in nature itself.

However I think they do not always represent the same thing or have the same agenda ...

But you know this better than me-

Point is I don't think it will ever change - we just have to walk the tightrope and make sure not to drift to far either way.



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think auditing the fed is a good thing. There is only one thing that gives me hesitation. I think it is possible that a plan is already in motion to get rid of the fed or at least make them a true central bank. At this point in time the fed is actually providing all the money to cover our deficits. The eay it works is the treasury auctions off bonds which are bought by straw buyers and then the fed buys the bonds from them. In the next few years the US debt will be almost entirely owned by the fed(80% or so). At that point the fed becomes the central bank and then we just owe the money to oursleves. I also think that the banks will be reorganized, a new currency will be issued and all consumer debt will be wiped out.

Of course if this is the plan they can't let it out in the open as there are too many powerful interest that would venhemntly oppose it. A fed audit would force it out in the open. So in that context, statements by Bernanke and Geithner could have a different meaning then previously attributed to them. If they are going this way it would be genius,

Of course if they are not thinking along these lines, let's audit the hell out of them and the situation described above would still be the most likely outcome, except with much more pain to the american Economy..



posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21
 


Just thought I would post this new article and give this thread a bump. This is a very important bill and its good to see two intelligent members of congress working together.

Paul/Frank Ticket 2016? j/k, but I might be tempted to vote for them.


Fed Audit Bill WILL Pass



new topics

top topics



 
9

log in

join