It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just For Gits and Shiggles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hello all! This is just for fun as I seem to find the most ridiculous statements on instructions, products etc. as I'm sure you have as well, so please share some of your findings.

I have somewhat of an obsession for reading instructions, warnings etc. on products just to see what stupidity I can find.

I recently purchased an orbital buffer from Walmart in order to make waxing the cars a bit easier. It is a nice little hand held job that came in a box approximately nine inches by eight inches. The cord, approximately nine inches long. While perusing the instructions I came across this statement: "If you use an extension cord.........."
WHAT? "If?" How else would you wax a car with a buffer that only has a nine inch cord???

Also, on the lid of my plastic garbage bin it states, "No Hot Ashes." REALLY?? Now, it doesn't bother me that it is there, rather that they HAD to put it there!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Don't shower while blow drying your hair? Don't ingest this detergent cleaner.
Dont drop this product if you want it to function properly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I love how deodorant sticks say 'for external use only' on the back.

Or on a bottle of NyQuil: 'warning: may cause drowsiness.' -__-

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is not a direction on a package but a really stupid statement on a Postal Service(Government) television commercial about one price bulk package mailing.

If it fits in the box you can ship it.

One person was complaining about standing in line to have his package weighed.

The actor portraying a postal worker says,"If it weighs less than 70lbs and fits in the box you can ship it for one price you don't have to have it weighed."

So how would you know it weighs less than without weighing it?

top topics

join