It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Agency Calls for Teaching Children 5-to-8 Years of Age about Masturbation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

U.N. Agency Calls for Teaching Children 5-to-8 Years of Age about Masturbation

ww w.ippf.org

A June report from the United Nations Economic, Social and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) suggests children of all countries and cultures are entitled to sexual and reproductive education beginning at age five.

The report, called International Guidelines on Sexual Education, was released in June in conjunction with the U.N. Population Fund (UNFPA), an organization which works for universal access to “reproductive health care.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.google.ie
news.google.ie
news.google.ie

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A 5 year old being taught about masturbation?! A 9 year old being taught about orgasms and honour killings?! I'm all for education but the age groups are slightly off here I think. I was definitely not ready to learn any of this before I turned 12. Is it really necessary for children to know these things? What do you think?

ww w.ippf.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Why does the U.N. think it has any business telling every society on earth when they should teach what to whose kids? Here's what we should start teaching kids by age 5: Screw the U.N., and if they come near you, kill 'em.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
5-8 year olds? A little young for that, and by the time they are old enough, they won't need to be taught

Seriously though, I think the school curriculum doesn't need to have this as a mandatory requirement. We should be worried about our kids learning math, science, literature, history, and how to think for themselves. There is enough sex EVERYwhere in today's modern society.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Is it just me or is there something not quite right about telling 5-year-olds that touching your private parts is pleasurable? I'm missing something, right?!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I can imagine 5 or 6 yr old kids at the White House fence with signs saying "I'm entitled to my sex rights." Probably one of the boys be carrying an assault rifle as well, as to I'm entitled to having a firearm.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Great. Forget math, forget english, forget history.

Let's teach jonny how to. . . .

As if our schools aren't dumbing down enough already.

-sigh-

Class? Can you say, "home school?"

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
4th Period class masturbation time. How to prevent climaxation for 50 minutes while rubbing yourself. A failing grade if you climax before 5 minutes.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Yossarian

Maybe they should learn instead that children are entitled to a childhood...an innocence which should not be taken from them because of some moron's sense of political correctness.
Why should any child be subjected to any of that so young. At 9 they should be enjoying the wonder of the world, not worrying about honour killings, which frankly turn my stomach and disturb me at my age. And I really don't see the need for a 5 year old to be taught about masturbation. 11 or 12 is about right for most of that...and parents can answer any questions as they come up any earlier than that in my view.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
4th Period class masturbation time. How to prevent climaxation for 50 minutes while rubbing yourself. A failing grade if you climax before 5 minutes.

Great, another class that I would fail

Sorry, TMI. But yeah, this has no place in school. I know it's not the best way for kids to learn, but TV/movies and the internet will "educate" the young, regardless of how you hard you try to not expose your kids to them.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawz1
5-8 year olds? A little young for that, and by the time they are old enough, they won't need to be taught

5-8 is FAR too old to be taught about masturbation. I had to have that talk with my daughter at age 3 as it was getting a little too embarrassing when she would relieve herself in public and mixed company.

I didn't want to give her a complex about it, as I think it is something very healthy we all should do probably more often than we do, but out of sight and out of mind. I just explained to my daughter that "somethings are private and you don't do in public." No further explanations required. Ever since then she takes 3 hour baths and I don't have to worry about having any more awkward conversations with her about the subject.

Really, is it the proper place for schools to teach about Masturbation?

Sexual education however, I'm all for. I know I benefited from it, and have seen what happens to people who don't receive the benefits of Sexual Education ("What do you mean you only have one penis! I thought you were supposed to have three! We are so breaking up!").

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
ok, really and literally, this si SICK and perverted. IM really starting to think, their are pediphiles and perverts in the UN.
really. i had my sex education in 6th grade, i was 12 years old, 1987. it was required by state. And even at age 12, everyone laughed or was like ewww, or didnt entirely understand the teacher, or didnt belive her,. took that extra year when puebrty naturally kicked in.
SO!!! thier proposal, is to teach little johnny and susie after reading thema book or getting them started on their abc's and handwrititng? its really sick, to think the kids might satert mimicking this in class, masturbaion, not knowing what thier really doing, and the teacher getting off on it,

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
There are many people posting in this thread who seem to be in denial. If the kids don't get a hint from the teacher in the class setting (a link in the OP actually says the whole education wouldn't be very hardcore), then surely a year, two or three later they'll get "educated" by their peers. If you don't believe that, please read up on studies done and prevalence of various practices in different age groups.

There is nothing wrong with this education of it's done properly.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
or..it could mean its someting conjured up, to keep us fighting with echother, so goverment conjures up thier scheme behind our backs..a distraction. that comes to mind. I think the CIA musta mis delivered some mysterious white powder at the UN, for them to even think of sex and children education. whats next? teach them at such a yuong age, all about jeffrey dahmer and ted bundy? teach them how nazi scientists were recruited into NASA to build thier rockets and technology? Ttoday in class kids! were gunna learn ALL about HH holmes and ed gien... johnny youve been abad boy today, 2 sex leather flogs on yuor pulled down pants behind, and write out on the chalkboard, ed Gacey 20 times as punishment.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
thats just the thing. IF done properly. How well is our public schools anyways? thier in shambles.. when i was visiting poland, 1992, i was 17. my g/f thier one day wnated to test me on advacned mathemtics and algebra. she was shocked, utterly shocked and i felt she thought i was stupid, i was unable to do it. Over thier, they were learning this before middle school!!!
What comes to my mind, are those 3 or 4 female teachers, who had sex with 13 year olds, one was 10 i think? few years back, and 2 of them had thier kids. what a wonderful education system we have by comaprisson
or in other schools, perticularly NYC, were it was more than common,a t least through the 90;s teens bringing 9 mm guns to class, drugs, and all the teachers wanna do, rather than expell them, in fear of being hurt, is let it all happen.
My father went to a catholic high school, back in the mid 60's. Often if somone did even so much as fart, or make a gesture for the whole class to laugh, the student was imeditaly, pulled or yelled at to the front of the class, and his knuckels were wrapped wih a ruler till they started to bleed, OR they got the paddle..which means, pull down yuor pants, ass faces the students in room, and its punishment time. IN all times, it was sucessful, yuode think twice abuot stepping outta line duing education hour, knowing whats coming yuor way. thiers a word for it...discipline. seems barbaric yes, effective? VERY

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Not sick and perverted.

You know, infants often masturbate. It just happens. It's natural. I definitely don't think it should be discouraged at all, and I suppose they should be taught about it young so they know it's okay to do, but not in public or in front of others.

That seems like a fair trade off. Of course, schools shouldn't be doing the educating, parents should.

But there are still parents who physically punish their children for touching themselves. So maybe something should be done.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here’s a report from 2005 about UN troops and staff. Peacekeepers who rape women at gunpoint…yeah UN…clean up your own sick perverted ways before you inflict them on children the world over.

www.weeklystandard.com...

LAST MONTH A CLASSIFIED UNITED Nations report prompted Secretary General Kofi Annan to admit that U.N. peacekeepers and staff have sexually abused or exploited war refugees in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The worst of the 150 or so allegations of misconduct--some of them captured on videotape--include pedophilia, rape, and prostitution.

State Colin Powell urging the United States to send more human rights monitors into Congo. The U.N. then introduced a "code of conduct" to help prevent future abuses, including prohibitions against sexual activity between staff and children and the exchange of money or food for sex.

Relief organizations and human rights groups agree, describing as "urgent" the need to protect young girls from U.N. militia and staff.

I am not sure whatever branch of the UN is in any position to be advising anything about sex when they can't even control their own perverts.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Teachers having sex with students or perving over students is really not connected to this debate. Those people will do that regardless of the curriculum. The question here is whether or not the subjects are age-appropriate.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
2 of my boys are 5 & 8. Call me old fashioned, but NO WAY would I want this subject taught to my children in school! I say leave the innocent alone!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Yossarian

Touching your private parts IS pleasurable. That is the whole point of reproduction. Shuck off this religious "guilt" and be a human.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join