It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Islam T-shirts Rile Fla. School

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
I suppose they have a point... Islam is the Devil and Scientology is his son

"Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like school, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good!"

Nice Waterboy reference!

You had to have that up your sleeve for a long while!

Interesting how that quote ends though? Most things that make us feel good are frowned upon? Also interesting that if you are devout in your religion, then yes, most other religions = the devil, or false prophets, or demons trying to get you off your game!? Very few religions leave any grey area to accept other viewpoints!

We are all somebody's devil!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
To Christians, Jesus is the only way to God. So it is written in the Bible and so it is taught to all Christians. Those that dont believe this to be true, are not Christians. Its as simple as that.

So in other words to be a good and true christian you must
1) Kill non-believers, even if it's your own son or daughter
2) Worship a mass-murderer
3) Advocate Rape and Slavery and rape of slaves
4) Kill everyone in Iraq(babylon)
5) Advocate Human Sacrifice

So you mean to say that if one is a true Chrisitian they MUST believe all the above and truly be the scum of the earth?

That's what you are saying?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

And Therein lies the problem with all organized Religions!

If you want to be a "Christ-ian" you must follow Christ! If you don't believe some of the stuff, or if you find any fallacies in his teaching, then you are not a true believer. The same goes for Islam! Thus "Holy Wars"!!

Bahai Faith seems a little more accepting of different faiths. Many of the "Buddhist" offshoots seem to take a more well-rounded approach. Even Scientology seems a little more suited to our modern outlooks on life and Science.

In Reality, most religions teach very similar concepts and the differences are just matters of semantics or character changes!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by IAF101
To Christians, Jesus is the only way to God. So it is written in the Bible and so it is taught to all Christians. Those that dont believe this to be true, are not Christians. Its as simple as that.

So in other words to be a good and true christian you must
5) Advocate Human Sacrifice

So you mean to say that if one is a true Chrisitian they MUST believe all the above and truly be the scum of the earth?

That's what you are saying?

Wait, wait, wait... are you really that ignorant about Christianity?

How IN THE WORLD did you go from point A, which the other poster said:

"To Christians, Jesus is the only way to God."

to point B in which you said:

"So in other words to be a good and true christian you must
5) Advocate Human Sacrifice"

That is a huge, huge jump from one point to the other and it's not realistic.

Show me ANYWHERE in the New Testament where Jesus advocated any of those things, sir. Show me where Jesus said that Chritians must kill people, worship a mass murder, advocate rape and slavery.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by sos37]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

In fact, let's examine the things you say Jesus teaches:

1. You say Jesus tells us to kill others? BS!

Matthew 5:21-22 - 21:"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22: "But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

Luke 6:29 - "Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either."

Matthew 5:39 - "But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."

2. Rape and Slavery??? WHERE?

Matthew 5:27-28 - 27: "You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'"; 28: "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

And Jesus never advocated slavery anywhere.

3. Human Sacrifice - yeah, right.

Are you referring to this passage?

Luke 2:23 - "(as it is written in the Law of the Lord, "Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord")"

Do you know what consecrated means? It means 'designated as holy', so every first born male in Jerusalem at the time of the law of Moses was designated as holy unto the lord. The next verse says:

Luke 2:24 - "and to offer a sacrifice in keeping with what is said in the Law of the Lord: "a pair of doves or two young pigeons."

A couple of birds - that's a FAR CRY from a human sacrifice.

You got anything else?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

You believe in scripture because you have faith, not because it provides you with a convincing argument.

This quote, from IAF101, is the perfect sum of all religious fanatics and those completely deluded and drowning in religion.

Religion does not give convincing arguments or explanations to much of anything, which is why one must remove reason, logic, and common sense and replace them with "faith".

The whole point of religion is to have faith in something that you cant prove. You wouldn't need "faith" if you had proof would you ? Also, if it presented "proof" then it would be "science" would it not ?
So your argument is pretty ridiculous! Also, to call anybody who has faith as "fanatical" is ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Wait, wait, wait... are you really that ignorant about Christianity?

How is an insult supposed to add to the debate?
Please explain?
Normally i don't respond to posts that start right off the bat with statements like these.. But here i'll make an exception.

How IN THE WORLD did you go from point A, which the other poster said:

"To Christians, Jesus is the only way to God."

to point B in which you said:

"So in other words to be a good and true christian you must

That is a huge, huge jump from one point to the other and it's not realistic.

Why so?
If it's the word of god then how is a huge jump?

Show me ANYWHERE in the New Testament where Jesus advocated any of those things, sir. Show me where Jesus said that Chritians must kill people, worship a mass murder, advocate rape and slavery.

EQUALS

1) If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

2) Okay... do I really need to go there? Shouldn't you already know this?

3) a) (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
b) (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)
c) (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
d) (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
e) (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)
f) (2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)
g) (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)
h) (Judges 5:30 NAB)
i) (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
j) (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

4) Kill all in babylon, you already know this right?

5) a) (Judges 11:29-40 NLT)
b) (Joshua 7:15 NLT)
c) (2 Kings 23:20-25 NLT)
d) (Ezekiel 21:33-37 NAB)
e) oh e is interesting:
you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Anything else you would like with that?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

And Therein lies the problem with all organized Religions!

If you want to be a "Christ-ian" you must follow Christ! If you don't believe some of the stuff, or if you find any fallacies in his teaching, then you are not a true believer. The same goes for Islam! Thus "Holy Wars"!!

And just when you seemed to understand what Christianity is you attribute such absurd nonsense as part and parcel of the Christian faith.

Human Sacrifice? Slavery? Mass-murderer ?

The New Testament speaks of no such thing.

Why dont you "Free Thinkers" do everybody a favor and actually READ the bible first before you start preaching !? It would be both educational and save the everybody a lot of time and space.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
1) If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

2) Okay... do I really need to go there? Shouldn't you already know this?

3) a) (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
b) (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)
c) (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
d) (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
e) (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)
f) (2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)
g) (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)
h) (Judges 5:30 NAB)
i) (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
j) (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

4) Kill all in babylon, you already know this right?

5) a) (Judges 11:29-40 NLT)
b) (Joshua 7:15 NLT)
c) (2 Kings 23:20-25 NLT)
d) (Ezekiel 21:33-37 NAB)
e) oh e is interesting:
you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Anything else you would like with that?

ROFL!

Have you heard of the "NEW TESTAMENT" ?? Jesus ?

You are actually attacking Judaism as ALL of this stuff is from the OLD Testament and the work of Moses and his folk. This is precisely why Christians follow Jesus and the NEW TESTAMENT where a New Covenant was made with God. Jesus taught humanity about love, compassion, peace and kindness of God through word AND deeds.

Please get your story straight.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Some verses from old testatement but also some from the new testament
am I wrong?

Secondly, you spoke of the path of Jesus.
Jesus CLEARLY believed in the scriptures of the old testament.
do you disagree?
Unless you are a gnostic.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Last time I checked, the Old Testament was still included in every Bible sold. Christians read this Bible. That must mean that they are supposed to learn from it. If they were to ignore everything in the OT, it would probably have been taken out by now, otherwise why have it?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I ask you this: "why should you?"

I take people at their word when they describe their motivations and experiences.

I do, too! In a recent thread that has since been removed, you called for all Arabs residing in Gaza strip to be executed by the same method as used on Rachel Corrie, namely running a bulldozer over them. So I take you at your word and I interpret it as your deep-deated hatred of Arabs and Islam.

but forgive me I haven't been indoctrinated.

You were not? So you were born in that condition?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Since Christians do not worship the ink on the pages of the Bible, your Old Testament quotes do nothing for your argument.

Please, please do not try to extrapolate Christian theology simply from Old Testament quotations. The OT is an "enigma wrapped in a mystery" and it has deep spiritual context for Christians. Not because we worship it's words but for the wisdom, history, prophecy and poetry in which Christians find continuity.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Many christian scholars say that Deuteronomy was written by Moses himself. Many churches preach this.

Secondly, isn't King James's version almost a carbon copy of the OT?
Just different rethoric kind of?

Originally posted by monkcaw
Please, please do not try to extrapolate Christian theology simply from Old Testament quotations. The OT is an "enigma wrapped in a mystery" and it has deep spiritual context for Christians. Not because we worship it's words but for the wisdom, history, prophecy and poetry in which Christians find continuity.

hahhaa
Well thanks alot for a non-argument!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Moses may very well have authored Deuteronomy and perhaps other books of the Old Testament.

And No, the King James Version of the Bible is not a carbon copy of the Old Testament, that doesn't make sense. The King James Version (KJV) is just that, a version or a translation, commissioned by King James of England. Remember divorce...Church of England...Anglicans...etc

Regardless, how do these issues have any bearing...I thought you were using the brutality of some Old Testament quotations to somehow imply that Christianity is violent and fanatical. Am I misreading you?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
Regardless, how do these issues have any bearing...I thought you were using the brutality of some Old Testament quotations to somehow imply that Christianity is violent and fanatical. Am I misreading you?

Fair enough
More to come, maybe tonight though

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Well that's easy!

Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfil them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
(Matthew 5:17-18)

Just to reinforce that Jesus said I have come to fulfil (and uphold the OT's laws):

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
(Matthew 23:1-3)

... meaning that his followers were not meant to be following the way the Jews were teaching but rather to the letter of the OT! So now, all you 'Christians' not following Jesus' teachings are not really Christians - remember that includes all the OT's juicy bits including rape, genocide and slavery.

Humble pie time?

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

First, I want to apologize for the 'ignorant' remark. I made them on the spur of the moment when I replied and I thought I had gone back and removed them all. My initial post was done out of emotion, but I decided better against it.

The passages you quoted are true, however as the previous poster pointed out, they are Old Testament books and prior to the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. In short, Jesus came and changed the rules and did so with God's instructions.

We know that Jesus spoke by the authority of God. We also know that when he was born, the rules changed.

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

John 5:17-19 - 17: "Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." 18: "For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God." 19: "Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."

When Jesus died, there was even have a sign that the rules changed from the old ways:

Matthew 27:50-51 - 50: "And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. 51: At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split."

The significance is the curtain being torn in two. Before Christ died, people were required to enter the temple with a priest on Yom Kippur in order to repent of their sins. The curtain was a barrier, that no one could see or go into the 'Holy of Holies' without a priest.

But when Christ died, the curtain was torn. Now, anyone could go to God. Anyone, everyone has access to God with or without a priest anytime of the year.

And we know this is true because of this scripture:

Hebrews 10:19-20 - 19: "Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20: the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain (that is, through his flesh)..."

So I do know that the old testament has the things you wrote. I won't deny that. But I do know that God gave his own son to die for the sins of man so that we might all be able to come to him in prayer and ask for forgiveness of our sins. That's all we have to do as Christians is believe that Jesus is the son of God and go to God in prayer to give thanks and during our time of grief and need.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I will say one thing however

The internet has a huge problem differentiating between the old and new testament.

I mean plenty of sites say bible quotes end up being from the old testament.

Do you know why that is?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
reply to post by IAF101

Last time I checked, the Old Testament was still included in every Bible sold. Christians read this Bible. That must mean that they are supposed to learn from it. If they were to ignore everything in the OT, it would probably have been taken out by now, otherwise why have it?

I've asked my dad the same question several times - why even read the Old Testament if the rules have changed. Why even have it there? He told me in order to answer that question you have to read the New Testament.

His answer always baffled me - until I actually read the New Testament.

Take my post above, for example, where I talk about the New Testament and the curtain of the temple being torn in two and the passage quoted from Hebrews. Unless you had read from the Old Testament, you wouldn't have known that in order to be forgiven of sins (prior to the death of Christ), the people could only "meet with God" in the Temple one day out of the year and only in the presence of a priest. When Christ died, that changed.

So the answer to your, and my, question is - we need to read the Old Testament in order to fully understand the context of the New Testament and what it says to us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join