It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Islam T-shirts Rile Fla. School

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'd just rather have a shirt that says "Islam sucks" or something like that. To claim that its from the devil...well no one has proof. But to say it "sucks" well thats an OPINION and no one can argure with that if thats what the shirt wearer feels.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

I find this whole thread to be ridiculous.

Why is there so much fuss about some T-shirt in Florida when you have Islamists openly railing against Christianity and teaching hate and committing acts of violence based on their hatred for Jews and Christians and others on a daily basis ?

To open a thread to point out something so mundane when there are massive barbaric acts of fanaticism going on around the Middle East and other parts of the world is ludicrous and hypocritical. It is also projects the OP's bias to some extent against Christianity.

You're not sufficiently self-loathing... i'm sure all the open-minded atheists here will be sure to make sure to disagree with you at all costs.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Has anyone ever read the story of how "Gabriel" first appeared to Mohammad ?

Well at the end of the encounter, Mohammad wanted to commit suicide because he thought he became possessed by a demon.

Why should we not believe him?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Are we, as a country, that thin-skinned that we can't take someone not kissing our religion's ass?

People need to get over the petty BS.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I ask you this: "why should you?"

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Well at the end of the encounter, Mohammad wanted to commit suicide because he thought he became possessed by a demon.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Suicide? So is this where the whole Muslim suicide bomber let me get my 72 virgins comes from? Because of Gabriel? Good grief. Oh well.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I ask you this: "why should you?"

I take people at their word when they describe their motivations and experiences.

That makes me rare I know. I know I'm supposed to view things in a Marxist Hate-America Hate-Christians politic... but forgive me I haven't been indoctrinated.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Suicide? So is this where the whole Muslim suicide bomber let me get my 72 virgins comes from? Because of Gabriel? Good grief. Oh well.

The Jihad doctrine didn't develop until years after the first encounter with "Gabriel"

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Not sure what the front says but heres a picture of the back.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Here's how the Muslims view their holy book

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well i wouldnt expect the "Jihad doctrine" to have occurred immediately afterwards that for sure. Im still wondering if thats the basis for it however since Muhammed stated "he felt like committing suicide" so blatantly.

The Jihad doctrine didn't develop until years after the first encounter with "Gabriel"

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Islam = Christianity = Judiasm = ignorance of the truth of oneself.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You believe in scripture because you have faith, not because it provides you with a convincing argument.

This quote, from IAF101, is the perfect sum of all religious fanatics and those completely deluded and drowning in religion.

Religion does not give convincing arguments or explanations to much of anything, which is why one must remove reason, logic, and common sense and replace them with "faith".

Thank you, IAF, for confirming that religion, whether Christian or Muslim, is total delusional nonsense.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by true-life
Islam = Christianity = Judiasm = ignorance of the truth of oneself.

Thank You
All abrahamic religions are the same
carbon copies of each other

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Unfortunately I have to agree with IAF. The very definition of Christianity is to follow the teachings of Jesus. You must believe he is the incarnated Son of God, and his words are infallible. He says "Know one gets to the Father, but through Me." Therefore, to call yourself a Christian, you have to believe that nobody else is going to Heaven, except followers of Christ, and possibly the Chosen People (Jews/Hebrews).

I stopped calling myself a Christian for this very reason!! If you want to have an open mind, and free thought, and weigh all of your options, and believe that all religions have merits and flaws, then you are not a Christian!!

I am most likely a Deist, and so are most of the Christians in the US. That is the Religion of our founding fathers, and it is an open minded religion that can accept God by any name, and also has a penchant for logic and science!

So, IAF may be a little fanatical on the Christian side, but his point is very valid. The vast majority of "Christians" that I meet, do not meet the most basic criteria for calling themselves a Christian. (This includes my own Mother to her surprise!)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Not sure what the front says but heres a picture of the back.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by JBA2848]

I am not "against" any one religion, but would like to make a couple of points:
1. The school should eliminate ALL writing on T-shirts to be totally fair.
2. Natural selection should take care of idiots that want to wear something like that. If they want to wear it fine, if someone wants to rip it off of them and tell them how hateful and ridiculous it is, that should be fine too!!

If we allowed "Natural Consequences" for stupidity, then we would see a lot less stupid actions!!

The Nanny State / Bullyless Society has created these chasms. Sometimes a school needs a good bully or enforcer to keep things in check!! It really needs several of these people, so they keep each other in check as well! You see it in sports, you see it in prisons, you see it in gangs, you even see it in world politics!!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I don't think this issue is about religion.

It's about free speech, the free speech entitled to every American in the First amendment of Our constitution ...

True, being nice is important but punishing people for their opinions is a good way of telling them at a young age they can't think for themselves.

It's called conditioning I believe.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Born Again Christians..

Using kids to bring a message of hate is pretty low.. really not much else to say about that..

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
I don't think this issue is about religion.

It's about free speech, the free speech entitled to every American in the First amendment of Our constitution ...

True, being nice is important but punishing people for their opinions is a good way of telling them at a young age they can't think for themselves.

It's called conditioning I believe.

I disagree. We have the 'right' to free speech, but there are plenty of things that should get you beat up! I can think of a half dozen things that someone could walk up to me and say, or wear on their t-shirt, that would get them pummeled immediately!

In a school setting, the concentration should be on education. It has to be a somewhat peaceful and non-distracting environment. That is why so many schools have resorted to uniforms.

If this is OK, then why not a bunch of sexually suggestive shirts? Or shirts displaying your opinion of certain teachers? Where would it end?

The Shirt is perfectly fine outside of the school, but it is not OK in the closed environment of a school, with severe penalties for the trouble it creates, and the distraction it makes for kids trying to just study and move on.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I suppose they have a point... Islam is the Devil and Scientology is his son

"Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like school, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join