It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids of China - Revisited

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Question is... is this natural or man made. The image above shows terraces and a steep straight angle. The rock appears to be limestone and sing the area gets heavy rain and snow, the limestone would erode quickly...

Good question. And opinions are divided.

However, in my opinion, the mountainous look of the tomb is somewhat deceptive. We are probably talking about ostensibly a man-made mud brick and stone structure (with a slight possibility of a hillock at the base), that over the millennia has been partially rehsaped by forestation and then deforestation, with the commensurate reshaping by erosion, possible cultivation (I don't accept the farmers diligently obeyed the hands-off edict for more than a millenia) etc.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Of related interest:
Aliens of Ancient China

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
My dad, who used to be a farmer in China, said that this is a method of farming in higher altitudes.

He said that there is no soil on hills or mountains so the farmers have to move dirt and create these mounds to farm on.

There,
case closed.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by die_another_day]

I can understand that in mountainous regions, but the majority of those pyramids were in the middle of large grasslands as far as I could see. Why would they need to make more space on such an open plain?

Sure, more surface area, therefore more land to till, but that is alot of work considering there is already plenty around them.

Just saying.

EMM

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hi zorgs,
Went here:

34° 34' 23.37 N, 108° 13' 6.94 E

It's all blurred out!!!

Anyways along the same lines:

Go here on Google Earth:

34°43'16.69"N, 99°18'11.81"E

Make sure you have the Geographic Web Option ticked in layers.
Click on the blue picture box and look at the left mountain in the background.
A natural pyramid shape!!!
Very interesting.

Lots of interesting features in this area.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
My god.I was studying the patterns of the chinese pyramids and i thought the pattern of the pyramids viewed from above look like a design of a star consterlation.If that is possible can anyone match that design pattern to any star consterlations within site of earth.I believe the largest pyramids repersent the brightest stars in the consterlation and the smallest pyramids repersent the smallest stars in the consterlation.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I remember there was this story about one of the pyramids in China, where they found mummified bodies in there, and they "weren't Asians".
Which correlates with Chinese folklore about the tall people who came from the sky in silvery dragons and so on.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hiya Z, thanks for the heads up. It's a very interesting OP. The Chinese pyramid mounds don''t get a lot of attention. Surprising, because the "OMG!! Aliens built everything!!" websites usually love exploiting a lack of information by 'joining the dots' and 'thinking out the box.' Before we know it a few Bible extracts and a local myth about a 'bird god' has become evidence of our friendly alien ancestors with the pre-Iron Age technology.

I notice the only reference you could muster for 'aliens built 'em' was from the ever-reliable Pravda. It raised a big smile on my face when I saw this quote used in evidence of aliens building the tomb mounds...

The Australians asked the superior of the local monastery about the pyramids, and the superior said that they were “very old.” In the following years three dynasties would shape the history of China

At last a 'smoking gun'!

What's really interesting about the Chinese pyramids IMO, is that it shows what a genuine political cover up can do to archaeology and a nation's history. Prior to the 20th Century, Central China was almost completely unexplored by scholars and untouched by archaeologists. In the 20th Century, China's ancient history was publicly ignored for political reasons. Research by Western scientists and scholars was difficult and impeded by political friction.

A theme amongst some ATSers is that everything gets covered up. Aliens visited and TPTB are hiding it because we 'can't handle the truth.' Lost advanced races supposedly built a global civilization etc etc. It's worth pointing out that the preservation of these mounds and pyramids will be due to warmer international relations...

UNESCO have stepped up and listed some of them as 'World Heritage Sites.' This will protect them from agriculture or destruction for roads and towns.

The archaeological site of Yin Xu, close to Anyang City, some 500 km south of Beijing, is an ancient capital city of the late Shang Dynasty (1300 - 1046 BC). It testifies to the golden age of early Chinese culture, crafts and sciences, a time of great prosperity of the Chinese Bronze Age. A number of royal tombs and palaces, prototypes of later Chinese architecture, have been unearthed on the site, including the Palace and Royal Ancestral Shrines Area, with more than 80 house foundations, and the only tomb of a member of the royal family of the Shang Dynasty to have remained intact, the Tomb of Fu Hao.
Yin Xu Tombs

Archaeological Sites of the Ancient Shu State: Site at Jinsha and Joint Tombs of Boat-shaped Coffins in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province; Site of Sanxingdui in Guanghan City, Sichuan Province 29C.BC- 5C.BC
Sites being considered by UNESCO

Although the Chinese Pyramid mounds are generally dated from around the 2nd Century BC onwards, I always like to point out the 'baby steps' that lead up to them. In this case we can go back 3000 years before the ones in the OP. Further north there's a much earlier 'step pyramid'....

A three-story pyramid dating 5000 years back has been discovered in north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. The pyramid, which looks like a trapezoidal hill from afar, is located on a hill one kilometer north of Sijiazi Town, Aohan County. The pyramid is about 30 meters long and 15 meters wide at its base. This is considered the best-preserved pyramid built during the Hongshan Culture period that has been found so far, said Guo Dasun, an archaeologist in charge of the excavation. Seven tombs and one altar were also found on the top of the pyramid. Archaeologists also discovered a number of pottery pieces with the asterisk character inscribed on the inner wall. The asterisk character is believed to be related to the understanding of ancient people on astrology.
Pyramid Built 5000 years ago Found in Inner Mongolia

This was built by the Hongshan Culture, a stone age people already using elements of fung shui. Following the Hongshan, China's history would be shaped by three dynasties-Xia, Shang and Zou. Chinese regional mythology describe legendary heroes and wise men/sages from before the 'Three Dynasties' but, as usual, the archaeology and physical evidence doesn't support the myth.

Funny huh? Some cultures have heroes that are 'Wise' men and women. How many 'wise' heroes do we have in Western legends?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What.............You are going crazy with some EXCELLENT AND EPIC threads here lately Zorgon, what is this, like three MASTERED threads in a row? Unbelievable, continue the great work my friend. Star and flag for sure.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Red_Fox

I remember there was this story about one of the pyramids in China, where they found mummified bodies in there, and they "weren't Asians". Which correlates with Chinese folklore about the tall people who came from the sky in silvery dragons and so on.

Are you thinking of the Tarim mummies or the Takla Makan mummies??

In the late 1980's, perfectly preserved 3000-year-old mummies began appearing in a remote Chinese desert. They had long reddish-blond hair, European features and didn't appear to be the ancestors of modern-day Chinese people. Archaeologists now think they may have been the citizens of an ancient civilization that existed at the crossroads between China and Europe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/923c094f6471.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/beef2d0ff411.jpg[/atsimg]Tartan weave

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Red_Fox

I remember there was this story about one of the pyramids in China, where they found mummified bodies in there, and they "weren't Asians". Which correlates with Chinese folklore about the tall people who came from the sky in silvery dragons and so on.

Are you thinking of the Tarim mummies or the Takla Makan mummies??

In the late 1980's, perfectly preserved 3000-year-old mummies began appearing in a remote Chinese desert. They had long reddish-blond hair, European features and didn't appear to be the ancestors of modern-day Chinese people. Archaeologists now think they may have been the citizens of an ancient civilization that existed at the crossroads between China and Europe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/923c094f6471.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/beef2d0ff411.jpg[/atsimg]Tartan weave

Spot on Kandinsky - as ususal

That find is quite fascinating and we are yet to hear the full story about it as it poses some uncomfortable questions.

I guess some people don't like the way history has a habit of upturning notions of heritage and conventional wisdom.

Addendum: The fact that there are various restrictions - peculiar to this specific find - that some argue, impinge upon proper scientific/forensic investigation, speaks volumes about this find's true historiographical significance.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by zorgon

What.............You are going crazy with some EXCELLENT AND EPIC threads here lately Zorgon, what is this, like three MASTERED threads in a row? Unbelievable, continue the great work my friend. Star and flag for sure.

The mans on fire!
Too much red cordial!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarp2000

Why haven't they been excavated??
Well the current breed of Chinese Archaeologists have stated that they haven't been allocated the funds and will leave it to future generations to do.
If we believe them that is.
We have seen the digging up of the terracotta soldiers so I think they just don't want the West to know what they have found, and are worried that we will find out that they didn't build them.

Cheers

I think the big problem is Mercury: the tomb is said to be modelled on a map of China with the 100 main river systems represented by actual rivers of Mercury.

So we're looking at a huge hazard in the making.

Ground tests confirm the presence of high Mercury levels in and around the adjoining area.

So I think the reason for not opening the tomb is primarily because they're not confident about being able to contain what must be tons of Mercury.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Reminds me of the DROPAZ THEY WERE IN THE SAME EXACT AREA. cool threadster I like seeing those.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KandinskyChinese pyramid mounds don''t get a lot of attention.

Well I did all this work back just before I started on ATS in 2006... There was almost nothing available other than a few sites like the German fellow and the old satellite images...

So I put it on the back burner, went on to other things.

Kicking myself now because had I stayed on it several good reports came out in 2007.

Now Starwarp brought up the mercury river... then asked why archaeologists aren't digging up the place...

Well THIS time I will defend the archaeologists

Out at John's mine the BLM is closing it down to make it a wildlife preserve. But before they will take over they wanted to find out how bad the contamination was. Before John took over, the old timers of the early 1900's mining as did the Spaniards before them... used CINNABAR to mix with the gold ore. Cinnabar is an ore of mercury and the gold sticks to the mercury making it easier to extract.

Well they sent inspectors to test the soil in hot spots. The inspectors would not touch the samples, we had to put it in the containers. An here we are talking small concentrations not pools of liquid mercury

In China that mercury has saturated the soil at the dig site... it is highly toxic to humans... you would need a hazmat suit to dig up that site....

Found a great paper written in 2007 by 'Ash' I would love to quote the whole thing but this is a must read. I have copied a reprint to my site and will post the link after I fix it up but it has many references to the mercury and the hazards.

It also covers other aspects that are very intriguing. As we go I will post some relevant clips as I know how everyone LOVES to follow links and read long documents

But on the mercury...

In Records of the Historian: Biography of Qin Shi Huang, Han historian Sima Qian describes a burial chamber containing miniature palaces and pavilions with flowing rivers and surging oceans of mercury lying beneath a ceiling decorated in jewels depicting the sun, moon and stars.

Indeed the burial chamber was built as a miniature replica of the emperor's expansive empire complete with five holy mountains. History tells us that all the artisans who worked on the construction of the tomb were murdered in order to protect its secrets. To this day, the burial chamber remains unexcavated and continues to hold its secrets.

It is believed that Qin Shi Huang's mausoleum once stood almost 330 feet in height although the ravages of time have decreased these dimensions considerably to just 150 feet. From north to south, the burial mound measures almost 1700 feet and from east to west it has a length of just under 1600 feet.2 These measurements give the tomb a volume exceeding that of the Great Pyramid in Egypt, making it an awe-inspiring sight to behold. Qin Shi Huang's mausoleum. Still because of Qin Shi Huang's tomb's gently sloping sides now distorted by a dense covering of trees, Maoling Mausoleum remains the more impressive of the two mounds for anyone searching for true pyramids in China.

www.unexplainedearth.com...

And here is that paper... It is in public domain.

The Fabulous 1,000-Foot White Pyramid of Xian

I discovered that, if scientists and investigators could tell me nothing about the White Pyramid, they all at least had heard that it existed. And I decided that where there is smoke there must be fire, even if the smoke is only the nexus of a resonating cluster of powerful, important, almost-psychic beliefs.

The Pool of Mercury in the Tomb-Chamber of theEmperor

And so it was that, in seeking to discover the true identity of the White Pyramid, I once more immersed myself in the history of ancient China. I read again the story of the Emperor Qin Shi Huangdi (259-210 B.C.), the man who not only began the Great Wall of China, but standardized his country’s weights and mea- sures, written language, and currency Shi Huangdi is also the emperor responsible for the army of life-sized terra cotta warriors- 8,000 of them in all! which were discovered, beginning in 1974, not far from the burial mound of the emperor himself

It is thanks to the Shih Chi (Records of the Grand Historian of China), by the very great Chinese historian Sima Qian (145-86 B.C.), that we can be fairly certain that the emperor’s grave is located beneath a particular hill 150 feet high and planted with grass and trees. Apparently, the hill is man-made; according to Sima, a 140-foot-high pyramid complete with five terraces lies beneath it.

In his Shih Chi, Sima Qian-who really was the Grand Histo-rian of China, though at the court of Emperor Wu - states that almost 700,000 workers labored for 20 years to create the tomb of the Emperor Qin Shi Huangdi. He says the earth was removed down to the ground water level. Then the floor was poured with molten bronze. A stone sarcophagus was laid on this platform. When the structure was completed, those who knew where the entrance was were silenced by being entombed alive. To further disguise the entrance, the pyramid was covered with earth and grass to give the impression of a natural hill-a strategy which is strangely present in the smaller Xian pyramids of today!

The pyramid’s interior, we are told, is astonishingly elaborate. Sima uses the term "artificial universe" to describe the ceiling of the emperor’s tomb-chamber encrusted with thousands of glittering precious jewels to recreate the constellations of the heavens.

The Grand Historian goes on,

"In the tomb-chamber the hundred water-courses, the Chiang [the Yangtze River] and the Ho [the Yellow River], together with the great sea, were all imitated by means of flowing mercury, and there were machines which made it flow and circulate. Above [on the roof] the celestial bodies were all represented; below [presum-ably on the floor or on some kind of table] the geography of the earth was represented."

That is, the emperor’s tomb-chamber was meant to be a living replica of his empire, including both the earth and the heavens. The tomb was well-protected against grave robbers, with arrays of hundreds of crossbows with mechanical triggers targeted to kill anyone who broke into the tomb. (Just how effective this system was is somewhat in doubt, since the Huang I encyclopedia, edited by Miu Shih-Teng in 220 A.D., claims that robbers from Kuantung later broke into the emperor’s tomb and made off with all the mercury)

Recent excavations around the outer perimeter of this burial hill seem to confirm Sima Qian’s statements: Analysis of the sur-rounding earth revealed an exceptionally high concentration of mercury. Apparently, archaeologists are taking seriously the Great Historian’s description of what amounts to a ‘high-security’ tomb. They declare, "We are leaving [the tomb-chamber under the hill to the future, so the next generation has something to work on."

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

The Secret Society of the White Pyramid

How does the extraordinary story of the tomb-chamber of Shi Huangdi relate to the seemingly mythical White Pyramid of Xian?

I will explain. I believe that researchers have not concentrated sufficiently on one subtly revealing detail in Simas account: his assertion that Qin Shi Huangdi was to be entombed with his sarcophagus virtually floating in a pool of mercury

Yes, the mercury was used to provide a flowing liquid to make it possible for a vast relief map of circulating great rivers and streams of China to run forever in the tomb-chamber of the Emperor’s mausoleum. But, for the ancient Chinese, "forever" is a charged word when it comes to mercury We will recall that we have en-countered mercury before, in the guise of cinnabar, or mercury sulphide-perhaps the most potent of all the substances used in the vast, ongoing ancient Chinese industry of trying to discover the elixir of deathlessness.

In January,1997, Chinese ethnologists tried to discount this
phenomenon of 120 dwarfish beings living in a single area by
attributing their dwarfism to the high concentration of mercury
in the soil of the region. They insisted the dwarfs must have
absorbed the mercury in their drinking water over many genera-
tions.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarp2000
I think that Qin Shi Huangdi’s tomb is really fascinating.
With the rivers of Mercury and his model of the Universe built into the tomb, we have the closest here, that we can get, towards the truths that the past civilizations were trying to convey to us.

Seems that there is a lot of confusion between Qin Shi Huangdi’s tomb and the 'White Pytamid" and Qianling's Mausoleum.

A lot of what I am finding, and even some posters here, shows a mixing of the three as being one...

I have seen it said that the EXTERIOR of the White Pyramid had the jewels, yet the other reports say it was inside, which would make more sense.

That picture you posted... tracked down the original story...

Wednesday, 14 November 2007
Pyramid Uncovered in China

Well, uncovered by ground-penetrating radar. Can't wait for them to actually go inside:

Construction of this mausoleum began in 246 BC and is believed to have taken 700,000 workers and craftsmen 38 years to complete. Qin Shi Huangdi was interred inside the tomb complex upon his death in 210 BC. According to the Grand Historian Sima Qian (145 BC-90 BC), the First Emperor was buried alongside great amounts of treasure and objects of craftsmanship, as well as a scale replica of the universe complete with gemmed ceilings representing the cosmos, and flowing mercury representing the great earthly bodies of water. Pearls were also placed on the ceilings in the tomb to represent the stars, planets, etc. Recent scientific work at the site has shown high levels of mercury in the soil of Mount Lishan, tentatively indicating an accurate description of the site’s contents by historian Sima Qian.

survive2012.com...

From there it led to this...

5 guesses on Emperor Qin Shihuangs tomb

The following graphic shows the current overlay of dirt on the Pyramid with the actual one beneath it with ground-penetrating radar

Here is a representation of the inner chamber

How many gates does the underground palace have?

Opinions also differ on how many gates the underground palace contains. Some said there were two, one made of stone and the other of bronze. Others said that there were six, because Emperor Qin Shihuang had always considered the number "six" auspicious.

How many gates does the underground palace have then? After reading through piles of ancient documents, Guo Zhikun said that the exact number was recorded clearly in Records of the Historian, a great historical book written by Sima Qian. In it, the author wrote, "When the emperor died, he was placed in the underground palace. Then, the middle gate was closed and the outer gate was shut down. All workmen were entombed. No one escaped."

www.china.org.cn...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Loved your thread Dear boy - even if you did ignore my responses

But I'm wondering - as others have already asked - what exactly is the thrust of your argument?

Are you drawing a correlation between the three operate structures?

What have I and some others missed?

BTW: not saying there has to be a conclusion, as I enjoyed the material presented immensely. But just wondering if there actually was one.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Does anyone the status on the Pyramids in Bosnia? I thought that the Egyptian experts confirmed that those were pyramids. Why isn't anyone digging?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RamsOnTop
Does anyone the status on the Pyramids in Bosnia? I thought that the Egyptian experts confirmed that those were pyramids. Why isn't anyone digging?

Don't forget that Bosnia was in the middle of a war zone recently and they were only recently discovered.

I have some work on it but that too needs update. I will do another thread on other odd pyramids around the world (other than the famous sites) soon. I won't link it here as it gets to mixed up. I will U2U you when I an ready

Pyramid of Visoko, Bosnia 1973 Photo

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join