It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Town Imposes Curfew

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
MARION, AL (WSFA) - Just one day after a riot in the small Perry County town of Marion, a curfew for everyone.

The Marion Police Department says everyone is to be off the streets between the hours of 10pm and 7am until further notice.

Eight people have been arrested in Monday's brawl and several were injured, though none seriously.

Witnesses say more than 100 people rioted in front of city hall after a family feud grew out of control.

More than 11 different state agencies responded to the fight, which lasted more than 30 minutes, and completely shut the city down.www.wsfa.com...
As you may or may not know I live in Alabama, the same region of the state where this all happened, so I know a little bit about the story.
The "riot" was between two families over something that they've been fussn over for a little while and it came to a head when both sides showed up at the police dept. at the same time to file a report on one another, The police know who the people are and the fight is between just two families, so why a curfew on the whole town? Unless this gives them a reason to practice what's to come in the future.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The smaller the towns get, the bigger some families get. heck, cities have been settled and incorporated for the sole purpose of "one uping" other families.

It sounds like some people where playing basketball, and then ten people or so decided to whoop up on one person. it didnt cool down by morning time, and when they went to school tensions where still high, as I imagine more people became aware of the jumping and took sides.

The two news videos dont do much in the way of adding additional insight, because I know we are not getting the full story, and thus it is much harder giving a proper analysis of WHY the curfew was enacted.

DANG. some people live on the edge, just ready to stab anyone who looks at them funny. i have no problem with locking them up and keeping them away from responsible citizens.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
A hundred members of only two families rioted in front of the Police department?

Arrest them all, and leave everyone else alone to go about their business.

In fact, lock them all up in the same room if possible.

There may be a few killed, but don't let them out until the fighting bit is all fought out.

THAT'S how you settle those deals.

join