It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for another country to call home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
( post script )

I need to add , my great grand father buildt 3 iron bridges over rivers with the aid of shop keepers and other dairy farmers near the bridges, he was a 'donkey skinner ' ( live steam boiler operator in the timber industry ) , and a third genaration logger .

the local lumber mill operators helpped pay for the bridges after the fact , and no govermental agency , permit or certifacation was asked for or was ever received .

his comment was " I would rather ask for forgiveness , than beg for permission "

the greatest problem we face to day is simple : the goverment has the tax money needed to enforce laws that genarate more fine money , that enforce more laws , that genarate more fees , that enforce more laws , that pay for greater enforcement over ever aspect of living .

the single answer... remove all the money ...

untill the goverments money is taken away , the laws they pass will continue to remove personal freedom .

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

well, If the US is a possibility for you then I've got a spare bedroom. Not really big, but it's a place. Virginia has been pretty good to me, the US may be pretty screwed up but what part of the world isn;t?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I dislike threads with no apparent conclusions so here's an update and maybe an end to this tax nonsense thing for the time being.

This insane taxation proposal was withdrawn the next day because of all the noise people caused voicing their discontent. I mean going from the worst to even "worster" is really really really stupid. Additionally, the finance minister practically lost any credibility as a normal human being when he proposed taxing married people more in case of not having offspring.

A person like that you just want to smack repeatedly. For a good long while.

Kind regards, M.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Manawydan]

<< 1   >>

join