It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC 'Diversity' Chief Calls for ‘Confrontational Movement’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This story just keeps evolving with the new Chief Diversity Officer of the FCC. This guy has some grand and radical plans just like his boss Obama. Just like the new Green Jobs Czar... etc etc.

Who needs the Fairness Doctrine with this guy at the helm.

Mark Lloyd, chief diversity officer of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), called for a “confrontational movement” to combat what he claimed was control of the media by international corporations and to re-establish the regulatory power of government through robust public broadcasting and a more powerful FCC.

Remember that this guy wants to apply ridiculous fees against private broadcasters to help subsidize the public broadcast networks and to establish 8 new FCC offices that will police the broadcasting industry.

More Regulations!!! Funded on the backs of private industry.

Lloyd relies heavily on the left-wing radical Saul Alinsky in explaining his strategy.

To combat the control of international business and restore government to what he sees as its rightful place in managing public communications, Lloyd calls for a “confrontational movement” to protest the present order and organize a political movement that could force government to rein the businesses in.

“The FCC should be fully funded with regulatory fees from broadcast, cable, satellite, and telecommunications companies. The FCC should be staffed at regional offices, matching those CPB regions, at levels sufficient to monitor and enforce communication regulation.

Federal and regional broadcast operations and local stations should be funded at levels commensurate with or above those spending levels at which commercial operations are funded,” said Lloyd.

This whole story is just mind bending. The article goes into great detail as to his master plan of eradicatin free speech from the nation. I can't wait to see what he will do with the internet.

cnsnews.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is more of the agenda of the radical left such as groups like the Apollo Alliance. These people want to take over every facet of our country and shape it to their will. This FCC objective is just another piece of their puzzle. If they get their way, they'll have the gov't involved in every aspect of your life.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I posted this in a thread dedicated to the Apollo Alliance:
So, in addition to writing the stimulus, cap and trade,having a hand in the healtcare bill and now having a union leader at the head of the New York Fed, these radical groups also played a part in Obama's "Sept 11 national day of service"

The plan is to turn a "day of fear" that helps Republicans into a day of activism called the National Day of Service that helps the left. In other words, nihilistic liberals are planning to drain 9/11 of all meaning.

"They think it needs to be taken back from the right," said the source. "They're taking that day and they're breaking it because it gives Republicans an advantage. To them, that day is a fearful day."

A coalition including the unsavory left-wing pressure group Color of Change and about 60 far-left, environmentalist, labor, and corporate shakedown groups participated in the call. Groups on the call included: ACORN, AFL-CIO, Apollo Alliance, Community Action Partnership, Deep South Center for Environmental Justice, 80 Million Strong for Young American Jobs, Friends of the Earth, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, Mobilize.org, National Black Police Association, National Coalition on Black Civic Participation, National Council of Negro Women, National Wildlife Federation, RainbowPUSH Coalition, Urban League, and Young Democrats of America.

Color of Change is the extremist racial grievance group that isn't happy that TV's Glenn Beck did several news packages on Van Jones, the self-described "communist" and "rowdy black nationalist" who became the president's green jobs czar after jumping on the environmentalist bandwagon. The White House may be behind a push to destroy Beck by convincing advertisers to stop buying time on his show. Jones was also on the board of the Apollo Alliance, a hard-left environmentalist group that is now running large chunks of the Obama administration. The group has acknowledged that it dictated parts of the February stimulus bill to Congress.

With the help of the Obama administration, the coalition is launching a public relations campaign under the radar of the mainstream media -- which remains almost uniformly terrified of criticizing the nation's first black president -- to try to change 9/11 from a day of reflection and remembrance to a day of activism, food banks, and community gardens.

"The organizing term is to 'go dark.' You don't tell the press, don't tell people you think will tell the press," said the source.

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...
also reference here spectator.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

Amazing! Do they really believe that no one will notice? I have been watching Beck all week. It just keeps getting deeper by the day. The tipping point is very near.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The tipping point is getting near. I fully expect the heat to get turned way up on Beck the more he talk about this group. Color of change are the ones really going after his sponsors which is linked to Van Jones, the amount of clout these scum have is truly staggering and a little scary. I'm pretty sure this all ties back into Bilderberg and the other various global gov't groups. The only question I have is who's playing who? Is the Apollo Alliance just another pawn or does Obama and his ilk think they can play the Bilderberg and usurup their agenda? This whole swine flu business is just another piece in the overall puzzle.

Interesting video.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

God save the Republic...we are sooooooo screwed. This is one complete coup d'etat. The army of publicly funded agitators hell bent on our destruction using our money is so sick but here we are.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Did we all die and wake up in Stalinlist Amerika?Now they want to take over the media?I hope no innocent bystanders are hurt when snipers start practicing their art on our"leaders".

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
sorry.double post.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by AgentX09]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If these pieces of trash think they can keep on taking more and more freedoms away and "fundamentally transforming" this country without serious consequences then they're way off base. I wouldn't be surprised if states ,moreso in the south, start seceding. This FCC guy is a nutjob in my opinion. As Beck pointed out today, the framework for this was laid during Bush and Obama is just putting the finishing touches on this. If these people love Chavez and his "incredible revolution" so much, then go live in his country and leave America and our constitution alone.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I agree with media reform, but not in the way the government wants to do it. We need to go back to media outlets not having a monopoly on everything we read and see. We need more variety in news, that isn't owned by just a few people.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Did we all die and wake up in Stalinlist Amerika?Now they want to take over the media?I hope no innocent bystanders are hurt when snipers start practicing their art on our"leaders".

It appears to me that they want to stop the media takeover of America. I have zero problem with what they propose. If we got honest informed unbiased news from the current media then this wouldn't be neccesary. But we don't. all we get is propaganda and lies from both sides.

I can only conclude that those against this are already lying in the media bed.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Did anyone watch Glenn Beck last evening? He launched an enlightening report detailing this latest extreme radical to join obama's team.

This guy has troubled me since the day of his appointment.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
From a former leftist: the left in America needs to be crushed now! If individual liberty is to survive, the "group-think", group-identity politics of the left needs to be completely and totally defeated. This has digressed from two sides with differing opinions on how to fix societal problems to one side (left) becoming the greatest danger for cultural and societal survival. And yes, leftists, I knew exactly what I was doing when I used the word "crushed". I do choose my words carefully.

new topics

top topics

join