It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Va. SPCA exec's dog dies after 4 hours in hot car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Va. SPCA exec's dog dies after 4 hours in hot car

hosted.ap.org< br />

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- An executive for an anti-animal cruelty group says her 16-year-old blind and deaf dog died after she accidentally left him in her hot car for four hours.
The board of the SPCA says it still supports Starr, who has been CEO since 1997 and does not plan to resign. It was unclear whether she would be charged.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is one of the biggest cases of do as I say not do as I do. I am no fan of the SPCA nor PETA but this right here goes to show that groups will protect their own. It may very well have been an accident but this is still no excuse.

In order to save face an prevent lawsuits they will have to sever ties with her. If they fail to act against her it could put thousands of cases in jeopardy of being overturned.

I do think that it is bad that the dog had to die this way but there is no excuse for the double standard. If she honestly felt the ideals of the SPCA were a way of life she should have prosecuted herself.

hosted.ap.org< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
She should have to serve as Michael Vick's housekeeper for a couple of years >_<

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
she better have a Really good excuse for that. I will NEVER understand the mentality of people who take their pets EVERYWHERE they go. I know some dogs are hellions and if you leave them alone they will chew everything in sight, but I still chalk that up to bad "parenting". (I also have little respect for people who refer to their animals as children, but thats another thread)

What I REALLY dont get, is that the dog is deaf and blind. OBVIOUSLY, she had to keep on her toes to help it do most anything. when a dog requires that much care, you usually tend to not absentmindedly forget about them for four hours....

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Her excuse is that her husband put the dog in the car while she was getting ready for work. She just didn't realize it was there. I call BS. Sound like a good excuse to you?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

WHAT?! I know lady people take a LOT of time to gussy up, but Four hours?! was she using a straightening iron on each individual strand of hair?!?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
how sad..could you imagine going to your car and finding your dog dead inside?

I would think it is not a good excuse, but it is an explanation... I don tthink they shoul dbe charged wit hany crime...

if they were looking to put it down, I would think they would be smart enough (considering there credentials) to just take it to the humane society...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Why do you think they shouldn't be charged. I promise they would not show you the same compassion. In fact they set out to crucify you in the media, and then try to get a judge to throw the book at you.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So she drove to work with the dog in car and supposedly never noticed? Complete and utter bull! If she was so dense as to not notice a dog in the car with her then I suspect she is rather mentally lacking as a dog is a hard thing not to notice in such a small space as a car. Its even more surprising that the group she works for hasn't staked her out for the crows yet, however there is still time I hope.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

They already said that they were not asking for her resignation. I am just curious how many people will be able to get rulings overturned if they do not prosecute her.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
ok wait a minute! she calims he put the dog in the car while she was getting ready for work? It tok her 4 huors to get ready for work???? im lost on this...is it possible, a reasonably healhty human in fact moves slower than frozen mollassis!!?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

If I understand correctly she was at work for about 4 hours then found the dog.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
She was functioning way below 40% capacity. She has had one too many GMO soy lattes. GMO soy is bad for the brain. Being a lover of all animals its probably her main source of protein.She probably also had her H1N1 shot. She brushed her teeth with a fluoridated toothpaste and drinks flouridated psychiatric laced tap water. It is a wonder she remembered to put on clothes before she went out the door.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by eradown]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
How big was this dog that she couldn't see?
Why did her husband put it in the car?
Does he always do this?

Unless she had witnesses when she went to the car 4 hours later, she would have been wise to just not say anything.

This is very sad for the dog who was so aged and so handicapped, having trusted his humans for all his needs.
I had one like that. He was tiny and we put papers on the porch for his potty, and closed the area so he couldn't run into things.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Mistake?

Our prisons are full of people who made "mistakes". Is her responsibility somehow different?

In fact, the SPCA has made a reputation prosecuting, maligning, and in effect, persecuting any people who make such "mistakes".

But not her.

Um... don't mind me ... I'm just cynical about these 'board members.'

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Just my opinion, but here it is.

She is in a position of responsibility directly related to her "mistake". She should get twice the punishment.

If I were to hit a police officer I would get a much harsher penalty, well if people in positions of greater power and responsibility break the law, especially as it relates to their position, they should be held to greater account.

Funny thing is, it won't happen, i.e. steal billions of dollars from investors, ruin lives and you'll get 6 years. Steal a can of spam from 7-11 you'll get as much if not more.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Poor doggedy.

This is one person they should absolutely throw the book at!

Examples must be set, as the SPCA head she doesn't get a free pass. I can think of nothing more cruel than what the dog had to endure.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ridiculously ironic. The SPCA, of all organizations, should file charges and remove her from her position.

That is what should be done. Animal abuse is animal abuse. Plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Um......16 years old?
Blind AND deaf dog?
Seriously, this dog was done a favor. Not exactly the most humane, but still, the dog needed to be put down anyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Incorrect incorrect incorrect.

I've known many deaf and/or blind animals in my day. Many of them live very happy, comfortable lives. And 16 is old, but not on the brink of death for some breeds.

My mom had a cat live to 17 with cancer, diabetes, asthma, and three legs (had one amputated).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join