It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Commands You To Kill Gays

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have a feeling that this guy, and other pastors like him, are not actually following God as they would have you believe. I think it's quite clear, from their simplistic understanding of the least informative of Biblical texts to their childlike fear of almost everything, that they are in fact worshiping and following a lesser being.

The evidence is quite clear really, that most people who believe themselves Christian have been deceived due to their ignorance on the subject. What God would advocated such atrocities against his own creation? What kind of a god requires complete obedience and subservience then inspires his followers to mutilate themselves (flagellation, asceticism, etc). What god would demand that it's followers torture, mutilate and murder his own creations? What god fills the hearts of his followers with hatred and hardens them against their fellow man so that they might better bare false witness and persecute even those that claim the same faith??

I don't need to write about this forever "Those with eyes to see" will understand what I'm saying.

The fact that most "religious" are deceived is understandable though, they have been reading falsified texts and are almost completely ignorant of the deeper meaning behind most Biblical passages.

They still think that "Lucifer and Satan" are one being and that he is "The Debil!". They obviously have never read Genesis or Enoch. How can they proclaim that something is "evil" and "the work of Satan" when they have no idea who the actual dark forces are??

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Shadowflux]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by Spiritfilled

God is loving, but God is also just.

God also killed more people than Satan... Just saying...

Ironic all of you seem to have such an intimate knowledge of this God even down to knowing his nemesis but keep regurgitating fallacy. Satan had a huge hand in getting eve to commit the original sin did he not? That original sin brought us to all the evil things most of you are using today as an excuse to either dis-believe a God would do this or that terrible thing or to suggest Gay is born that way so of the many sins we are BORN with, THAT one is ok. We are all worthy of nothing more than sinful selffish desires and we operate that way everyday.

If you don't think so just watch the news or read the papers. Or is it when the bad stuff happens and it is a good excuse to rail against God as an excuse for the fall of man that we believe just enough to say we don't

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stylez

You are mistaken as to the Biblical root of evil and sin on Earth. You are also mistaken as to Satan being the source of it all, that would be Azazel and the 200. Also, Lucifer has always been the serpent of Eden and is a separate entity from Satan.

Some of us have intimate knowledge of God because we have an intimate relationship with God.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Am I the only one that upon seeing this thread title, I read it as "God Commands You To Kill Grays"? (EVERY TIME)

That has to say something about my subconscious... =)

Sorry for the off-topic.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by an0maly33]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is a nice bit of flame bait, but what are you really trying to say?
You use the phrase "Hate speech" and "right wing" without considering the radical ideology that foisted those constructs on an intellectually weakened population. The deconstruction of our language and the insinuation of the false dichotomy of left versus right has retarded our national dialog and should be rejected. Ideas are what should be important.

Speech is protected under the first amendment. whether we agree with it or not, and probably more especially when we do not. Radical speech, no matter the source, should be guarded as if it were our own, because when you restrict their speech, our own is not far behind.

Yes it is repulsive to me that anyone thinks any group should be killed or persecuted, but it is even more frightening to consider that the State should make decisions about what kind of speech is proper and which should be restricted or even prosecuted. If you look at history, it is when these kinds of ideas take root in society, the snuffing out of one group or another soon follows.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
How can one presume to judge that which God has created?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
But when it does follow , as in the Puritans being driven out because nobody wanted to hear what they wanted to preach , then it made for an altogether happier society . The king was back, christmas was re established and those religious kooks were sent packing off to infest some other country . I forget where now .

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by wayouttheredude

No kidding. Some "Christians" seem to back up their crazy claims of revenge and hate with quotes from the old testament. But when you tell them, in contrast, about how Jesus said to love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek, you hear crickets.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by nunya13]

Ya know, I get A LITTLE tired of hearing so much justification to attack religion based on the actions of fringe extremists.

I get a little tired of having to continue reading the same old tired examples as if the fred phelps guy is what Christians are ALL about when I look at perez hilton or Chris Crocker I guess I could post a comment or two like Hunka did here and after reading many of hunkas posts, Ill bet you he thinks he is actually doing something positive for his society dutiful to his mission he has on ATS to not deny ignorance but obviously to exploit it at every turn than cast it over a broad range of society while defending a small segment of the population claiming what they do is in no way harming anyone else yet they can't get a free pass at a blood donar drive.

I get tired of seeing the same old inaccurate lessons in history about the thousands of witchs burned in salem. What was it again,, thousands or just a couple dozen? Or how bout them Crusades babay! Yeah that one gets em everytime and PROVES Religion to be the most evil thing MAN ever invented and you know why it was invented don't you!

TO CONTROL who ?
THE MASSES!

Then if that wasn't enough to shut them all up and keep them from "shoving" (did I say "shoving") yes "Shoving" that Bible down everyone's (Did I say everyones?) Yes EVERYONES throat!

Oh and did ya know that book was written by HUMANS! Yep Not by God but HUMANS! Seems God can use lightening (something he created) to write ten commandments in stone but using humans to write things on paper is subject to ridicule.

While the very Book asks we treat our slaves better, those same people who argue God doesn't exist, seem to believe it when it comes to criticizing him for endorsing slavery as if he ordered we created the concept. If that isn't silly enough, we then use it to claim the Bible contradicts itself.

Yet the same book written by such fallable creatures All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work .
(2 Timothy 3:16,17)
The word "inspired" (theopneustos) in the original Greek language literally means "God breathed'. When the Bible claims to be inspired, we understand therefore, that it came from the mouth of God. It is God-breathed, inspired. But Bible Butchers will say "Everyone knows the Bible was written by men! Well Duh!

The book of I Corinthians, for example, was written by a man named Paul. How do we know this? Well lo and behold! The man made book even says so! In Fac: first verse bears his name as the author. In reply to this we answer: Yes,Corinthians was written by Paul.

Consider if you can put your hatred, not of Christians hating gays but you homosexuals hating Christians, yeah lets see how it is when your own hate and bigotry is called into question because I certainly won't hold you to any homosexual behaviors like turning the other cheek when most of you would see it as an opportunity to be spanked.

I'm talking to what I HOPE is a small percentage of gays who, like the OP get some kind of enjoyment out of maligning Christians behind the guise of denying ignorance.

You'll admit there is very rarely anyone saying, ya know, you're right about that stylez and I am guilty of it too. You will rarely see anyone here do any such thing and like the driver who always flips the bird at the jerk in tghe other car because it is the other drivers fault, it is always the other guys ignorance we are denying while it is inconceivable we would be guilty of any ourselves!

You ever watch the McGlauglin Group? do they ever agree on anything there ? How about you and your own family when you get togather during the holidays? You ever all agree on much?

Ever read a thread about evolution or creationism? They ever agree on much? They are all saying they deny ignorance too. Its amazing the three or four guys that started this place could not have seen that as anything less than a slogan but Ill let the mantra stand as a possibility for the many who actually think it means something while they never agree on much, what I just said they most liklely would not agree with that either much less anything the Bible says, yet 40 different men wrote the 66 books of the Bible and discuss hundreds of controversial subjects,yet they all agree. What makes this even more remarkable is that the 40 Bible writers lived as much as 1600 years apart. Despite this great potential for contradiction between Bible writers, there is harmony and continuity in the Bible's message. That is because the Holy Spirit was directly guiding each of the 40 men to write the Bible.

A scientist picked out 48 given prophecies of that book men wrote and determined that the probability of one man randomly fulfilling them all is 1 in 10 to the 157th power.

You know how many zeros are in that number?

That would be 157 zeros after the number one.

You call yourselves on fire for the lord, all you politically correct milk toasts who claim hating the sinner but not the sin isn't how it ought to be are dead wrong when it comes to that same book and what it says and NOWHWERE does it say we should tickle the ears of homos by insulting there inteligence with that drivel abouit hating the sin but not the sinner.

You think the sin gives a gives a hoot what you hate about it?

Do you think for one minute a judge behind the bench sentences murder to prison when he judges the murder but not the murderer? Who does the Judge ask when those claims of innocent made by the accused are requested to be judged?

A jury of his peers that is who and if I were to give an example of how butchered some of the logic I see going on here can get, I would be re-miss in my personal obligation to "deny such ignorance" if I didn't correct myself first with a disclaimer making clear that I don't mean a jury of other murderers when I say jury of his peers.

THAT is how ignorant some of these posts seem to get when I deny the ignorance of those so easily qualified to be here expressing their own. Gee what did i have to do to qualify again? Umm give my email address and write a captcha phrase saying "northwoods" or something like that?

I would imagine the MODs here are pretty busy but then again I don't know what the standards are for hiring them but I would suspect they would at least want to live up to the mantra and we'd see a startling revelation like we did eddy murphy in the movie 48 hours.

I see anne rebuke these individuals who are like this minister yet defend the rights of moms in the predicament of not being pregnant but getting advice of planned parenthood and don't ya just know what that choice she is going to be end up making is going to end up having someone die at tthe hands of its own mothers right to choose to kill another.

You think Christians judge homosexuals harsh? ha ha how'd ya like to be living in the womb of someone with that philosophy! Yes I'll bet their are many that disagree with me for what ever the groped for excuses their are in the never ending battle between those two arguments for right to choose and right to survive at any phase of our human existance. Ill bet they both believe they too, are denyiing the others "ignorance" and ya know what? I know they believe it because I have asked them.

Simon Gray who ever he is, is a genius Ill give him that and the addiction to argue has never been so profititable when it is done behind the guise of such a clever and easily applied slogan to our own ideology no matter what or who it is using it to apply to the other.

Although the Bible is not primarily a book of science, it does contain numerous scientific facts. We laugh at the scientific knowledge of just a hundred years ago. If man alone were the author of the Bible, we would expect to find many such humorous errors we could easily dismiss this book as the bunk so many here claim that it is and justify our laughter and ridicule of those so stupid enough to believe there is something more to it than just a "vengeful" God. We could all agree with the likes of Moocowman whose apparent job it is to post on boards all over the internet, his personal war with religion. I don't know where he has the time to do it but that kind of ignorance isn't about religions' hatred, it is about his own and if anyone doesn't get that idea from reading just ONE of his bait em bash em and bash em threads, then the ignorance you deny is your own, in my opinion.

You atheist's who by your own self admission are the "science community" and are so quick to use the scientific method to discount creationism when that same old book gives science a lot to think about when you consider just TEN of those detailed and specific prophesy that could have only been given by someone with a little more on the ball than say,, "man"?

PROPHECY EVENT FULFILLMENT
Psalms 41:9 Betrayed by a Friend (Judas) John 13:18-27
Zechariah 11:12-13 Betrayed for 30 pieces of silver Matthew 26:15
Psalms 22:18 Clothes gambled for Matthew 27:35
Psalms 22:16 Hands and feet nailed to cross Luke 23:33
Psalms 34:20 No bones broken when killed John 19:36
Zechariah 12:10 Side pierced John 19:37
Isaiah 53:12 Prayed for his murderers Luke 23:34
Psalms 22:1 His forsaken cry Matthew 27:46
Isaiah 53:9 Buried in rich man's tomb Matthew 27:57-60
Psalms 16:10 Raised before body decayed Acts 2:31

10 prophecies that foretold the crucifixion of Christ. Not only were the predictions made 1000 years before Christ came from heaven to earth, but they were made over 500 years before crucifixion was first used anywhere in the world as a form of capitol punishment! Crucifixion itself didn't exist when the prophecies were made.

I won't even trouble you with the extremely compelling arguments given where archaeological discoveries once said to be mythical places mentioned in the ancient best selling book of all time are made patently a fact of the books accuracy or merely mentioning the idea that every book science writes should be so damn lucky to have so many of its own scientific predictions as accurate. Science should BE so full of myths as the Bible!

I don't know about all of you, but I know when I am wrong and it is usually when I take similarities in one persons rhetoric and spreading it out to cover an entire populations of diverse and admittedly flawed people who simply are as guilty of the same sins that same old book predicted we would be making today, as when it was first written.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Stylez]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
reply to post by Stylez

You are mistaken as to the Biblical root of evil and sin on Earth. You are also mistaken as to Satan being the source of it all, that would be Azazel and the 200. Also, Lucifer has always been the serpent of Eden and is a separate entity from Satan.

Some of us have intimate knowledge of God because we have an intimate relationship with God.

I'm not too proud to be corrected and I am certainly not without fault in my interpretation of scriptutre inspite of an expensive and long carreer in its study but you go ahead, share with me the things you have just pronounced and Ill be more than happy to stand corrected. You see my relationship with God may be more recently aquired than yours but it is certainly just as meaningful as yours is between you and God.

One doesn't host that spiritual epiphaney giving them a perfect understanding of someone like God in just 30 years much less one post on the internet.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I guess someone skipped the " Thou shall not kill" commandment in bible study. Sounds typical of religous fanatics. I'm not suprised in the least bit.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
reply to post by Stylez

By the way champ, I didn't say he was the source of it all anymore than I was making a statement of fact. You see my ending of the question is an opening for it to be corrected if in fact it is incorrect. You see it as an opportunity to belittle someones relationship with God as not having one at all. I have quite an extensive understanding of lucifer and satan. Although not as impressive as some of the other members I have read on these boards such as Orangetom and undo" but Ill wait to hear whatcha got and how it makes for someone elses justification to get one of those "off topic" stickers I see so many get answering off topic remarks

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
I guess someone skipped the " Thou shall not kill" commandment in bible study. Sounds typical of religous fanatics. I'm not suprised in the least bit.

No someone skipped the class in the difference between killing someone and murdering someone

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It was not really fair , on the new colony . I know all the new migrants are painted as being pioneers and seekers of freedom and a new life . But they weren't all like that . There was a lot of unwanted scurrilous types , religious undesirable that were sent to new england . You ended up with a lot of folk that were not really wanted anymore for their odd and extreme beliefs . And some of that must permeate through to todays right wing christians . But somebody had to have them .

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil
It was not really fair , on the new colony . I know all the new migrants are painted as being pioneers and seekers of freedom and a new life . But they weren't all like that . There was a lot of unwanted scurrilous types , religious undesirable that were sent to new england . You ended up with a lot of folk that were not really wanted anymore for their odd and extreme beliefs . And some of that must permeate through to todays right wing christians . But somebody had to have them .

What is ones idea of an extremist or fundamentalist may just be anothers idea of luke warm Christianity. I see the same distinctions and similiarities of fanaticism and fundamentalism in many of the atheist's, truthers, and debunkers here as I do in fred phelps. Wouldn't you agree?

i can find many youtubed videos displaying acts of outright violence, hatred and bigotry of either one of those groups but it would be rather untrue for me to claim they are ALL like that. I realize in some cases the stereotype fits but usually that is where it ends.

I don't hear many jokes about Christians where the punchline is killing another homosexual and albeit true, mathew shepards death was the inspiration for many gays to accuse such ideologies as the reason for his death. he was killed by a meth addict who was a former sexual partner of his and was angry about not being fronted more meth from his dealer who was none other than, Matthew Shepard.

I believe the op owes an apology for the attempt to blanket the entire concept of religion in his statment about what Christian hate speech causes but I won't hold my breath.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stylez

I don't hear many jokes about Christians where the punchline is killing another homosexual and albeit true, mathew shepards death was the inspiration for many gays to accuse such ideologies as the reason for his death. he was killed by a meth addict who was a former sexual partner of his and was angry about not being fronted more meth from his dealer who was none other than, Matthew Shepard.

Source - Matthew Shepard

In court the defendants used varying rationales to defend their actions. They attempted to use the "gay panic defense", arguing that they were driven to temporary insanity by alleged sexual advances by Shepard. At another point they stated that they had only wanted to rob Shepard and never intended to kill him.[3] The prosecutor in the case charged that McKinney and Henderson pretended to be gay in order to gain Shepard's trust to rob him.[11] During the trial, Chastity Pasley and Kristen Price (the respective girlfriends of McKinney and Henderson at the time of the event) testified under oath that Henderson and McKinney both plotted beforehand to rob a gay man. McKinney and Henderson then went to the Fireside Lounge and selected Shepard as their target. McKinney alleged that Shepard asked them for a ride home. After befriending him, they took him to a remote area of Laramie where they robbed him, beat him severely, and tied him to a fence with a rope from McKinney's truck while Shepard begged for his life. Media reports often contained the graphic account of the pistol whipping and his smashed skull. It was reported that Shepard was beaten so brutally that his face was covered in blood, except where it had been partially washed clean by his tears.[12][13] Both girlfriends also testified that neither McKinney nor Henderson was under the influence of drugs at the time.[14][15]

That doesn't look like Meth Addiction.. Actually it looks like a robbery and murder, they figured that Matthew Shepard being gay, would be an easy target.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

God Commands You To Kill Gays

www.rightwingwatch.org

I spend a lot of time here mocking Religious Right groups and activists for their views of homosexuality, but as Jeremy says about these audio clips he posted the other day, "this 'culture war' is all fun and games until someone wants to execute you."
(visit the link for the full news article)

rightwingwatch? What is that? Does this imply that there are leftwingwatches too?

Anyway...I'm not going to follow that command no matter who says it. It is my strong belief that most people will also feel the same. Is the implication that someone says something outrageously mad and other people will believe it and act on it? I have a hard time believing that, but I might be leading a sheltered life.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
Does anyone have a link to the entire sermon? At first glance/listen it may seem he is saying to kill gays, but I need to listen to the entire sermon before I bash the guy, call him names, etc.

Again, does anyone have a link to the entire sermon? If not, it appears that many of you are forming your opinions without looking at the context or bigger picture. But if you all want to form opinions based on a source who admits he ridicules religious people, without researching and finding out exactly what it is the man said, by all means continue to do so.

Ignorance is bliss...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Why do you ask me . You have to reason why the people of 4 centuries ago decided they did not want these extremists , even in that time , on their land any longer . And so they got rid . And did it benefit them ? Yes it did . If you want , you can call it suppression, oppression , or the authorities not allowing them freedom of speech . But they put them on a ship and the problem was gone . It might be right , it may be wrong , but it worked . You cannot count on history to back up claims that freedom of speech always works , it is peppered with events where the opposite is the case . Wether it is right or wrong is superfluous .

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stylez

I didn't belittle your relationship with God, I was simply explaining how one might have an intimate understanding of God.

I see that your studies, expensive though they may be, have not helped you find that truth which brings you peace.

Perhaps you have been studying corrupted texts?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with Christians or Christianity. I don't believe what they believe, but I will defend to the death their right to believe it. Upon further reflection, I don't even have a problem with Fundamentalists, they are simple following the fundamentals of their chosen religion. What I do have a problem with is Extremists, like this Jackhole and his strip mall congregation. In this respect, they are exactly like the Taliban or any other Islamic Extremist. Those who use snippets of their Holy Texts to justify their hate. Any God who advocates violence or hate is not worth a moment of thought. To claim that your God embraces any negative emotion is to claim that He/She/It is no better than the petty Gods of ancient Greece or Rome.

I also have a problem with anyone ignorant and arrogant enough to claim they know the wants, desires or mind of the Divine. A human is as capable of knowing such things as an atom in a cell in your left little toe is of knowing your wants, desires or thoughts. What we truly know about the Divine compared to what the Divine truly is can be compared to a drop of water compared to all of the oceans in the world. No, strike that, compared to all of the water in the entire Universe! It is extremely arrogant and ignorant to claim you know or understand the mind of 'God'.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join